PDA

View Full Version : Friction between Adams, Mularkey is a personal thing, says player's agent

The_Philster
11-28-2005, 07:41 PM
An ongoing personality conflict between Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl defensive tackle Sam Adams and coach Mike Mularkey has boiled over, agent Angelo Wright said late Sunday night.
That was the reason Adams was ruled inactive and was not on the sidelines for Sunday's home game against Carolina. Mularkey said the reason Adams didn't play was medical — Adams has battled knee and ankle problems recently — but Wright said the real reason is personal. more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051128/SPORTS03/511280340/1007/SPORTS)

Turf
11-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Mularkey had little to say about Adams after the game.

"I don't know if he went home. I couldn't answer that one," he said.

What a ****ing lying douchbag Mularkey is. He didn't know. What a bull%$^& artist. Yeah, and we think you're actually telling the truth Mike.

Tell you what. We have a better chance of winning without Mularkey.

G. Host
11-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Wright, his agent, has shown multiple times he does not mind undermining a team by having his clients make outrageous statements and demands even including lies and exagerations.

Adams in his career has been a pariah on many teams either underperforming or performing as a single player rather than as a teammate. Adams frequently overstays his welcome both with teams and coaches.

When Adams came he was pushing for a larger signing bonus because he has been cut before and did not get the back end of the contacts because teams did not consider him worth it.

Wright is just acting like a bull and getting Adams to paw at the turf to try get him released (I think he was going to be released next year anyways) so he can attempt to hoodwink another team again.

It is funny how Adams can complain about being released early by teams and now complain he wants to be released early. Double standard is what they call it.

RedEyE
11-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Trade him to Philly for TO if the Bills can negotiate an affordable 2 year deal that gets TO playing this season. Both will be released the end of this season anyway.

Let's see how EMO likes them apples.

juice
11-28-2005, 10:48 PM
The loss of one player, P. Williams, caused this defense to drop to last in run defense, what happens without Pat or Sam?

MM has been putting his big nose into the Defense when it's the Offense that has been ineffective all year.. seems like he should worry about Moulds leading a team mutiny rather than second guessing one of our few Pro Bowler's ability to guage his readiness to play.

Adams is a veteran player with a SB ring who has been playing injured his entire career, why is MM Dicking around with the Defense when he has never coached or played Defense.. that was Gray's call to make as to whether Sam's presence was hurting the teams' chance of winning.

When Adams leaves Schobel will be our best run stopper, who knows how TKO will recover from his injury, and with no N. Clements locking down a third of the field that secondary might start to show it's age.. this defense will be one of the worst in the league without a serious upgrade at 3 of 4 down lineman spots.

Nate kinda' locked S. Smith down with some help from TV.. with a little applied pressure from the DE position this may've been a dominant defensive effort resulting in a Win instead of a loss.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Well...I posted this somewhere else as well, but I'll say it again. The defense was more solid in the middle against Carolina than it has been pretty much all year.
If some of you want to side with a player who gets lazy on the practice field and is in horrible shape and not playing to his potential as a result, and side with an agent who is simply trying to save his player's reputation while blaming Mularkey, be my guest. I think it's kind of ironic, though.
Last year, when Adams threw his tantrum, and Mularkey benched him, people gave MM props for having the gonads to sit a player who isn't doing what he's being asked to do.
Who wants a lazy, fat a**, self-important, underachiever running his mouth about the coach in the locker room. Let him go and let the hard working young guys with something to prove play.

Meathead
11-29-2005, 12:03 AM
and what happened after he was benched last year? he played great

you people who are automatically assuming mularkey is at fault here are making some gigantic jumps to a conclusion

but that goes with the territory, when a team is struggling the morons come out of the woodwork to clamor for the firing of the hc

i don't know if mularkey is going to be a good nfl hc or not, but calling for his head after two season is preposterous

Turf
11-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Give me one area in which Mularkey has shown anything and I'll consider giving him another year. The guy's a train wreck IMO.
Why in the world has Buffalo become a training ground for rookie head coaches?
Enough is enough. Win or leave.

BillsFever21
11-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Two years is enough time to determine if a HC has what it takes to win in this league. The team is divided and they don't respect Mularkey. That says all you need to know about th is situation.

A HC doesn't have to be liked(Tom Coughlin for example) but if the players feel he can help them win they will respect him. These players don't respect Mularkey.

Stewie
11-29-2005, 10:22 AM
I don't see how losing Adams this offseason will make the defense any different than it is.

Adams has hardly been on the field this season. Even when he's "healthy" he plays 50% of the defensive snaps.