• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

It's time to rebuild with the youngsters

It has not been uncommon for Sam Adams to disappear as a defensive force during his three seasons in Buffalo. But on Sunday he took it a step further. After being informed that he had been deactivated for the Carolina game due to injury, Adams bolted the scene, stopping just long enough to inform a Fox sideline reporter of his departure.
    "He was not on the sideline," coach Mike Mularkey said after the Bills' discouraging, 13-9 loss to Carolina. "So I don't know if he went home or where he went."

All I can say is, good riddance to him. At his best, Adams has been a run-stopping terror, the anchor of the defense. Too often, though, he has been a selfish, disruptive presence. The Bills brought him in to provide leadership to a presumed playoff team. They haven't won with him, and they should turn the page. They're better off without him.

In fact, Adams could have done Bills fans a great service and taken a few other people with him. Nate Clements, who has visions of a $20 million signing bonus, could have tagged along. Eric Moulds could have hitched a ride. Coy Wire could have ridden shotgun. Mike Williams could have wedged his fragile frame into the back seat, alongside Tom Donahoe.

Now you know that I don't like Sullivan at all but I agree with him here
Working...
X