PDA

View Full Version : Picking through the FA list

X-Era
11-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Thanks PaulB!

Heres my short list of guy we should look at:

WR, should be a solid but younger type that can start at #2 day one opposite Evans:

1) Reggie Wayne
2) Antwan Randle El
3) Dez White
4) Jabar Gaffney
4) Kelley Washington
4) Reche Caldwell
5) Peter Warrick

CB, I hope we resign Clements but if we dont:

1) Charles Woodson
2) Will Allen
3) DeShea Townsend
4) Dewayne Washington
5) Wille Middlebrooks
6) Juran Bolden

SS, If Milloy goes we should have a solid type thats young and can hit:

1) Adam Archuleta
2) Tank Williams
3) Marquand Manuel

OLB, if Posey gets but Crowell should get a look but these guys are an upgrade anyways:

1) Julian Peterson
2) Tommey Polley
3) Jamie Winborn

MLB, if Fletcher gets cut, the guy that replaces him should be solid against both the run and the pass:

1) Andra Davis

DT, should be a solid player, young but a big load that can stop the run, any of these guys is an upgrade to anyone other than Adams:

1) Ryan Pickett
2) Damione Lewis
3) Larry Tripplett

G, should be a very good player:

1) Steve Hutchinson

C, again should be a good player:

1) LeCharles Bentley

Thats what I see.

So, I say get any WR's from FA to get a solid player. Get the top G or C and then go draft rather than anyone else from FA. Get a LB in FA OR through the draft early. Get a DT from FA AND the draft.

Devin
11-28-2005, 09:11 PM
id be absolutley shocked if we event brought in 2-4 of those players to look at.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2005, 09:15 PM
None of them are gonna wanna come and play for Buffalo unless they get top dollar. And TD doesnt pay top dollar.

pintonick96
11-28-2005, 09:26 PM
we gotta get guys who will fit in our system.

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Jabar Gaffney is possibly the best on that list. Wayne has the luxury of being opposite Harrison, being one of many weapons for Manning, and playing in a phenomenal offense. That doesn't mean he isn't good, but what I have seen from Gaffney, the way he passed Bradford on the depth chart and stepped up when Johnson was hurt, tells me he is on the verge of breaking out and in a weak offense.

Devin
11-28-2005, 10:34 PM
we gotta get guys who will fit in our system.

We have a system?

X-Era
11-29-2005, 06:30 AM
id be absolutley shocked if we event brought in 2-4 of those players to look at.

So would I.

However, I refuse to be part of the problem anymore and support any of the clown signings that we have made or will make

X-Era
11-29-2005, 06:32 AM
Jabar Gaffney is possibly the best on that list. Wayne has the luxury of being opposite Harrison, being one of many weapons for Manning, and playing in a phenomenal offense. That doesn't mean he isn't good, but what I have seen from Gaffney, the way he passed Bradford on the depth chart and stepped up when Johnson was hurt, tells me he is on the verge of breaking out and in a weak offense.

Wayne, unfortunately isnt going anywhere according to ESPN.

They had a pregame talk about how Manning contract was purposely structured such that they could convert his salary into guaranteed salary at any time and reduce his cap number to resign other player.

Ugghhh, Polian is the man, why the hell cant we pull that maneuver?

X-Era
11-29-2005, 06:32 AM
:lmao:
We have a system?

Stewie
11-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Wayne, unfortunately isnt going anywhere according to ESPN.

They had a pregame talk about how Manning contract was purposely structured such that they could convert his salary into guaranteed salary at any time and reduce his cap number to resign other player.

Ugghhh, Polian is the man, why the hell cant we pull that maneuver?

It sounds good, but everytime they do a simple restructure, it makes it harder and harder to get out of Mannings contract on the back side of his career.

Something tells me that they won't care if they pick up a Lombardi or two.

mysticsoto
11-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Who can we get for head coach???

Stewie
11-29-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm availble! I help the poor and homeless around buffalo, in between my modelling and college cureer! and I skored a 1600 on my SAT.

gr8slayer
11-29-2005, 09:45 AM
I'll be shocked if TD brings in any of them.

DarbyTheDinosaur
11-29-2005, 11:15 AM
MLB, if Fletcher gets cut, the guy that replaces him should be solid against both the run and the pass:

1) Andra Davis

Why do people keep talking about cutting Fletcher? He is among the top MLB's in the league...140+ tackles a season since we signed him. Can somebody give me a valid reason other than "he isn't getting any better"? How many tackles do they want? 200+?

Kerr
11-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Thanks PaulB!

Heres my short list of guy we should look at:

WR, should be a solid but younger type that can start at #2 day one opposite Evans:

1) Reggie Wayne
2) Antwan Randle El
3) Dez White
4) Jabar Gaffney
4) Kelley Washington
4) Reche Caldwell
5) Peter Warrick

CB, I hope we resign Clements but if we dont:

1) Charles Woodson
2) Will Allen
3) DeShea Townsend
4) Dewayne Washington
5) Wille Middlebrooks
6) Juran Bolden

SS, If Milloy goes we should have a solid type thats young and can hit:

1) Adam Archuleta
2) Tank Williams
3) Marquand Manuel

OLB, if Posey gets but Crowell should get a look but these guys are an upgrade anyways:

1) Julian Peterson
2) Tommey Polley
3) Jamie Winborn

1) Andra Davis

DT, should be a solid player, young but a big load that can stop the run, any of these guys is an upgrade to anyone other than Adams:

1) Ryan Pickett
2) Damione Lewis
3) Larry Tripplett

G, should be a very good player:

1) Steve Hutchinson

C, again should be a good player:

1) LeCharles Bentley

Thats what I see.

So, I say get any WR's from FA to get a solid player. Get the top G or C and then go draft rather than anyone else from FA. Get a LB in FA OR through the draft early. Get a DT from FA AND the draft.

The only way these players will be brought in for a try out is if TD is fired at the end of the season. A new GM will bring in guys like these and pick the best out of the bunch. Those wr's don't really impress me much. I'd rather draft a guy like chad jackson out of florida if he's around. I like the idea of picking up Hutchison and Bently, although Duke Preston will eventually be taking over one of those positions. At DT i'd rather take Rocky Bernard over those guys. I think Davis is a good mlb playing on a bad team. Archuleta is a good run stopper, but he's coverage skills are so and so, but might be better than Milloys. I would love Peterson, but he's too expensive. All these guys like Hutchison and Peterson will be expensive. We don't have enough room to sign all these high priced guys.