PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel we are just a few games away?

X-Era
11-29-2005, 06:54 AM
I just have this feeling.

I just feel like we are quietly building on offense, we are building momentum.

The IMPORTANT players are starting to believe in our O.

They are making the short plays and the quiet plays in the right way.

They are learning and building.

Im saying we are a few games away from having a solid offensive showing.

I feel it coming, and the best part is what we are building is something that can be sustained.

Meathead
11-29-2005, 07:44 AM
yes i do but it won't happen with any consistency until next season. the oline is in shambles and isn't going to gel this year. expect at least two new starters there by opening day.

jp is improving every game and right now it looks to me like he's probably going to be a major offensive weapon in short order. if they manage to fix the line, and if mcgahee doesn't turn into TO-lite, they should have that dominant running game we were promised this season.

moulds has lost his explosive burst but he'll still be one of the very best possession type receivers for at least two more seasons. assuming he takes the expected pay cut, that should be here. jp has already shown a penchant for hitting evans for long bombs, that should only get better as he and the entire offense get better.

on defense there's still plenty of talent. if spikes returns to at least 80% of his former self he'll still be a quality starting lb. the white guy DE's will be a year more experienced and more effective. and personally i think vincent and milloy can still be more than adequate for another season if they don't have to carry the defense on their shoulders.

the big questions on defense of course are the interior DLine and the CB opposite McGee. don't see how they'll be able to keep clements so somebody is going to have to hold down the fort there because a bad corner can ruin an entire defense (see chris williams).

yet again there appears that with a couple breaks there's no reason the bills can't be a very good team next year. of course that's what we thought this season. but sometimes that happens in sports, that's just the way it is

TD is going to get one more chance to finish the job - and if he doesn't i'm going to be calling for his head

OpIv37
11-29-2005, 08:05 AM
jp is developing and is probably very close to getting it.

The Oline and D need tons of work. This team will need more talent before they are competitive.

Ebenezer
11-29-2005, 08:12 AM
this team is a few games away from being 7-9.

BillsFever21
11-29-2005, 08:16 AM
This is what you said a few games ago.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2005, 08:24 AM
I am pumped about this offense. Those were 2 magical drives at home that lead to FGs.

Stewie
11-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Nothing will change consistently until we upgrade the OL and DL. Period.

TigerJ
11-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I think there is potential for next season. I think Losman will be a success as an NFL QB. I saw some hope for the defense in the last game. They actually started to shut down the run after the first quarter, something they hadn't done all season. They still need a stud DT. And they still don't have an offensive line. It may be that if Buffalo could find a good left tackle (in the draft or free agency), Gandy could move to guard. Then if Duke Preston pans out as a center, that might be all Buffalo really needs.