PDA

View Full Version : Should Mike Mularkey be Fired?

Meathead
11-29-2005, 07:28 AM
warning i'll laugh at you if you vote yes but you wont read this before you vote so let me just get it out of the way

hahahahaha

and if you're bf just immediately assume i'm a mularkey hater

THATHURMANATOR
11-29-2005, 07:42 AM
Yes I am already tired of Mularkey. LOL

The King
11-29-2005, 07:59 AM
I dont think Mularkey is the right man for the job. But he doesnt deserve to be fired after only one complete season. When TD goes I am all for the new GM bringing in a new coach.

BillsFever21
11-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Mularkey is worthless. He needs to go. Only somebody like Meathead would think Mularkey is doing a good job.

Anybody who picks no deserves to be laughed at. He has lost this team and can't handle the different personalities.

OpIv37
11-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Meathead- read this thread:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=86415

Meathead
11-29-2005, 10:29 AM
i did

i just think it's rediculous to fire a hc after two seasons. not only is that not enough time to evaluate their ability, it throws the organization into a whole new regime change that would delay progress of the team and start the evaluation period all over again

Meathead
11-29-2005, 10:29 AM
"retarted"

:lolpoint: bf

DraftBoy
11-29-2005, 10:41 AM
i did
i just think it's rediculous to fire a hc after two seasons. not only is that not enough time to evaluate their ability, it throws the organization into a whole new regime change that would delay progress of the team and start the evaluation period all over again

Coaching contracts are usually 3-5 years, and 3 years seems to be a more than sufficient number of years to evaluate somebody, Id say 2 years easily would make do, and yes he should be fired, I dont want to sit in mediocrity anymore, and this team needs to rebuild.

Meathead
12-01-2005, 11:05 PM
more votes needed people

what if ralph is reading?

Nublar7
12-01-2005, 11:19 PM
No, otherwise Buffalo might end up with a real coach.

DMBcrew36
12-02-2005, 08:42 AM
I voted no. I don't think Mularkey is as bad as you all say. I want some real reasons on why he's so bad.

OpIv37
12-02-2005, 08:44 AM
I voted no. I don't think Mularkey is as bad as you all say. I want some real reasons on why he's so bad.

again, I say read this:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=86415

bigbub2352
12-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Definetly who else to be held accountable for how bad he has been out coached in the second half of every game, also in the pittsburg game, Tom Clements hiring and then taking over play calling, letting the veteran's run the team Kelly Holocomb stunting the growth of jp, poor decisions on the o line, and d line poor drafts, and FA all goes thru him as well as TD. So my vote is to start all over and get a coach that has been a head coach before.

BillsFever21
12-02-2005, 08:50 AM

Show us some examples of some good things he's done? The defense and offense have BOTH gotten worse since he took over.

BillsFever21
12-02-2005, 08:50 AM
14 TD's in 11 games for a somebody who is supposed to be an offensive guru? What a joke.

BillsFever21
12-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Looks like there are still 7 morons left out there.

Iehoshua
12-02-2005, 09:55 AM
I agreed with Meathead? :shocked:

Now I gotta go schedule a CT scan...

:ill:

gr8slayer
12-02-2005, 10:05 AM
He gets one more year in my books.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm usually all for giving a guy a little more of a chance, but as some have rightfully pointed out, we are going backward - and fast - under Mularkey.

His constant use of trick plays when solid, fundamental football is in order; his failure to maintain commitments - to the running game, JP, and other things which he has preached about; and his seeming failure to get this team, as flawed as it is, to give 100% for 60 minutes every game, all call for his dismissal.

He is simply not the strong, standup, look-you-in-the-eye leader that this team so desperately needs.

madness
12-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Lets see who he hires as OC and DC first.

Mr. Cynical
12-02-2005, 11:39 AM
He is simply not the strong, standup, look-you-in-the-eye leader that this team so desperately needs.

More than anything, this is his biggest shortcoming. I want a Cowher-type in here to kick ass, discipline the players and then get them pumped up.

TigerJ
12-02-2005, 12:30 PM
I voted no. He has some warts, and I wouldn't start crying if he were fired, but I think he's got potential. If the offensive line ever figures out how to block, and Buffalo gets a stud DT, then this team is going to win a lot of games.

HHURRICANE
12-02-2005, 01:40 PM
MM will not get fired because he is going to get his 3 years. Ralph does not have enough balls to do the right thing and fire MM and TD right now. This is why Ralph extended TD's contract. Do we really want TD picking another coach?!

MM has lost the team. Fire him and burn his house down!!

sjoyce
12-02-2005, 04:06 PM
I dont think we need to fire MM I believe the problem is higher in TD lets get him outta there and gets someone capable to run a team!

HHURRICANE
12-02-2005, 04:12 PM
I dont think we need to fire MM I believe the problem is higher in TD lets get him outta there and gets someone capable to run a team!

Uhhh, if TD goes than MM is going with him. Again this is why Ralph gave TD an extension so it would coincide with MM getting 3 years. MM is going to get 3 years no matter what. If MM goes to the playoffs next year than TD and MM stay. That simple.

sjoyce
12-02-2005, 04:27 PM
OK Yeah your right BUT I still dont think MM is the problem! TD has more say in whos coming to Buffalo than MM its unfair to place the blame on MM! MM I think (just my personal opinion) would do a better job with a better line! Hes getting caught in the YOU SUCK whirlwind like JP because the O line is not protecting the D is not what it should be give him something to work with! Hes not a bad coach TD is the PROBLEM!

HHURRICANE
12-02-2005, 04:37 PM
OK Yeah your right BUT I still dont think MM is the problem! TD has more say in whos coming to Buffalo than MM its unfair to place the blame on MM! MM I think (just my personal opinion) would do a better job with a better line! Hes getting caught in the YOU SUCK whirlwind like JP because the O line is not protecting the D is not what it should be give him something to work with! Hes not a bad coach TD is the PROBLEM!

I agree with the OL statement. I was believing in MM at the end of last season but he has made some stupid decisions this year. He is pressing and it has caused him some terrible lapses in judgement.

sjoyce
12-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah I agree he has made some lapses in good judgement this season but hopefully he will stay as coach and if hes fired Id stand behind the Bills organization and the decision as long as TD goes as well!

Demon
12-03-2005, 12:46 AM
I see there's atleast 15 people who havn't been watching games....

gr8slayer
12-03-2005, 09:33 AM
We need to give him one/two more years to prove himself. We cannot keep bringing them in and letting them go the way we do. Maybe its going to take him another season to get the chemistry going with the team?

Mr. Cynical
12-03-2005, 12:44 PM
We need to give him one/two more years to prove himself. We cannot keep bringing them in and letting them go the way we do. Maybe its going to take him another season to get the chemistry going with the team?

If this were 2003 I'd agree. But it's 2005 and TD has had enough chances to get the right people on the team, both in coaching and in players. MM hasn't shown himself to have anything special - he's not a fiery coach like Cowher, nor is he a quiet X's and O's guru like Belichick. He just is "there", almost like he needs a burger in one hand and a beer in the other.

IMO time's up. We've sucked for far too long and it all starts with TD.

Lexwhat
12-03-2005, 06:20 PM
If this were 2003 I'd agree. But it's 2005 and TD has had enough chances to get the right people on the team, both in coaching and in players. MM hasn't shown himself to have anything special - he's not a fiery coach like Cowher, nor is he a quiet X's and O's guru like Belichick. He just is "there", almost like he needs a burger in one hand and a beer in the other.

IMO time's up. We've sucked for far too long and it all starts with TD.

Exactly.

I can give 2 big reasons why Mularkey shouldn't be our coach next year.

1. The players don't even respect him. When the players quit on you, it's a wrap. Coaches are supposed to me motivators. If Mularkey can't even do that, then he's a waste.

2. He doesn't utilize our most consistent offensive weapon in a way that helps our team win. Willis needs to get the ball in different ways (receptions - especially screen plays, AND rushes). Is Mularkey scared to run a damn screen play?? How about some more play-action passes? If we wanted to keep a vanilla offense like this, we might as well have kept Travis Henry. When you have a player of Willis's ability, you dont let that go to waste.

What a joke this offense is. There's no excuse for it.

Lexwhat
12-03-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm usually all for giving a guy a little more of a chance, but as some have rightfully pointed out, we are going backward - and fast - under Mularkey.

:bf1:

ublinkwescore
12-03-2005, 09:02 PM
you guys need to remember that we've got a rookie QB in anyways - this team (as strong as my denial was at the beginning of the season, and prior to) wasn't meant to go anywhere this year - I think both TD and MM knew that the odds were stacked against them.

all I got to say is that I liked what I saw out of Mularkey last year when we won 6 straight (regardless of if they were against basement dwellers and the NFC West).

Now if I don't see this team get some serious help on the O-line, I'm for canning TD - not Mularkey - I'd be willing to give Mularkey one more season with another GM who might actually be willing to address the OL issues. TD saw some flashes in our OL, but the switch didn't stay flipped - that tells me we need some talent and heart on the OL - not these scrubs (except CV).

Also - if TD franchises NC, I want him kept for the season since he'll be cheaper that way and we'll have him for one more year. I've gotta say, NC hasn't been all that impressive this year.

ublinkwescore
12-03-2005, 09:03 PM
also, let's remember - despite what our record says, we are the best team in this division - we got screwed at NE.

dolphinssuck
12-04-2005, 12:07 AM
I dont think MM is the problem! We have a terrible O line our D is not that great and with Spikes injured that doesnt help! We have a rookie QB whos still learning to run the offense so its alot more than just MM! So lets not toss MM under the bus just yet!

bacardi
12-04-2005, 05:52 AM
give him another year or so, losman could make any coach look bad.

Michael82
12-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Are you still going to laugh at us if we vote yes? :ill:

**** Mularkey!

BillsFever21
12-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Are you still going to laugh at us if we vote yes? :ill:

**** Mularkey!

Once again Meathead is the only one being laughed at.

Michael82
12-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Once again Meathead is the only one being laughed at.
:lmao:

doomsdayvirus
12-05-2005, 09:40 AM

the play calling in the 2nd half yesterday was all the justification i need.