PDA

View Full Version : JP the rest of the way

Devin
11-29-2005, 09:38 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-osmanillemainillstar&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

Finally get what we asked for.

Night Train
11-29-2005, 09:53 AM
What a great HC decision by Mularkey.

Quick, let's extend him.

RedEyE
11-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Just wait until next week.

Meathead
11-29-2005, 11:32 AM
plugging in holcomb when jp was so pathetic was absolutely the right thing to do

now that jp is progressing rapidly and the playoffs are an even longer shot it's also proper to leave the franchise in there the rest of the way

Michael82
11-29-2005, 12:00 PM
plugging in holcomb when jp was so pathetic was absolutely the right thing to do

now that jp is progressing rapidly and the playoffs are an even longer shot it's also proper to leave the franchise in there the rest of the way
I'm starting to agree with you. Even though I thought benching Losman was a dumb thing to do, it seems to have done exactly what the Bills needed to happen...calm Losman down and get him ready to take over again. I'm thrilled that he is the starter for the rest of the season and excited about what the future holds for him. It really reminds me of the Eli Manning situation. I hope it's the same result. :pray:

Jan Reimers
11-29-2005, 12:22 PM
I disagree completely. The move to Holcomb looks good only because he won 2 home games against inferior opponents, whom JP could have beaten as well.

Given the pathetic state of our offensive line, the inconsistency of our running game, and the absolute inability of our defense to stop anyone on the road, JP was always the better answer. He at least gives us a chance to overcome some of our fatal flaws, whereas a journeyman like Holcomb lacks the arm and athletic ability to lift a team as poor as the Bills.

All we accomplished by benching JP was to ****** his much needed development. I believe our record would be identical - or perhaps even one (New England) game better - if MM hadn't interrupted JP's on-the-job training.

Bill Cody
11-29-2005, 12:37 PM
hmm, it may be too late to enter the reggie bush sweepstakes, but I guess we might as well give it a shot...

Jan Reimers
11-29-2005, 12:47 PM
hmm, it may be too late to enter the reggie bush sweepstakes, but I guess we might as well give it a shot...
While I'm not thrilled with McGahee at the moment, I'm not at all in favor of taking yet one more big time skill player while our O and D lines crumble beneath us.

This team needs a foundation: O linemen who can block and protect the QB, and D linemen who can stuff the run.

All the Reggie Bushes in the world will not help if we don't get some studs who can win those proverbial battles in the trenches.

Meathead
11-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm starting to agree with you.
agree with me always and you will be half way to wisdom my son

Michael82
11-29-2005, 02:44 PM
agree with me always and you will be half way to wisdom my son
I agree with you most of the time on politics. :hi5: