PDA

View Full Version : What would you rather see ??

L.A. Playa
11-29-2005, 02:53 PM
vote now !!

LtBillsFan66
11-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Bills make it.

Ebenezer
11-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Always better to see the Bills in the playoffs.

Mr. Miyagi
11-29-2005, 03:04 PM
I voted for the Bills because if the Pats make it to the playoffs and lose, the media will fall all over themselves to make excuse for their failure, like they're already doing now.

Injuries, HC lost his brother, losing coaches, distractions, never BB's fault, still a great team, Brady is still the next Messiah, blah blah blah.

OpIv37
11-29-2005, 03:14 PM
I picked NE.

First, I never want to see the Bills embarrassed on TV. Second, if we make the playoffs, we won't get the kinds of changes that are necessary to make this team a real contender. A playoff berth would be a fluke due to a weak division, and a first round blowoud would confirm that.

Bill Brasky
11-29-2005, 03:17 PM
as badly as i want the bills in the playoffs i'd vote NE... this team has been embarassed enough in the past 15 or so years and making the playoffs gives us a bad draft spot, something that we need, eventhough it will probably go to waste on another WR we don't need... let the *******s in Boston suffer for once. i hope they lose worse than the dolphins did against jacksonville.

ParanoidAndroid
11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
I picked NE.

First, I never want to see the Bills embarrassed on TV. Second, if we make the playoffs, we won't get the kinds of changes that are necessary to make this team a real contender. A playoff berth would be a fluke due to a weak division, and a first round blowoud would confirm that.

Yep.

RedEyE
11-29-2005, 06:48 PM
I'd want the chance to be in the playoffs. It says that this team isn't that far off from a SB run. Who the F wants to see the Pats in the playoffs again?

OpIv37
11-29-2005, 07:08 PM
I'd want the chance to be in the playoffs. It says that this team isn't that far off from a SB run. Who the F wants to see the Pats in the playoffs again?

it doesn't say ****. If we get in, it would mean we'd be about 8-8 or 9-7, and played 6 games against division opponents that were worse than that. The Eagles made it to the SB last year- so did St. Louis and the Jets. Are any of those teams close to a SB run?

I'm sorry but a playoff berth would just doom us to 3 more years of mediocrity or worse.

Meathead
11-29-2005, 09:19 PM
easiest question ever

getting to any playoff game, even a blowout, is waay better than not going at all

stop and think for a minute the benefits to the team and its a no brainer

OpIv37
11-30-2005, 08:21 AM
easiest question ever
getting to any playoff game, even a blowout, is waay better than not going at all
stop and think for a minute the benefits to the team and its a no brainer

what benefits?

1. The entire country would see that we're an embarrassment and only got into the playoffs as a fluke
2. Few changes would be made in the off-season, especially not coach or GM- that's DEFINITELY not good for the team
3. It could potentially rattle the confidence of the young guys.
4. Our draft picks would go down, and this team has plenty of holes to plug.

So, what exactly are these benefits of which you speak?

RedEyE
11-30-2005, 08:51 AM
it doesn't say ****. If we get in, it would mean we'd be about 8-8 or 9-7, and played 6 games against division opponents that were worse than that. The Eagles made it to the SB last year- so did St. Louis and the Jets. Are any of those teams close to a SB run?

I'm sorry but a playoff berth would just doom us to 3 more years of mediocrity or worse.

It would also mena that we are a better team than we are now. In order for a playoff berth the Bills would nearly have to win out their season. If that happened (highly unlikey - won't happen) that deserves credit. The appearance in the post season is well deserved.

I'm sorry but rooting for the Pats, a division foe, to steal the division and to be a sole representitive for the AFCE is appaling. I can't understand how anyone could wish for that to happen. It's almost treason.

The King
11-30-2005, 08:55 AM
I picked NE.

I agree 4072%

OpIv37
11-30-2005, 09:04 AM
It would also mena that we are a better team than we are now. In order for a playoff berth the Bills would nearly have to win out their season. If that happened (highly unlikey - won't happen) that deserves credit. The appearance in the post season is well deserved.

I'm sorry but rooting for the Pats, a division foe, to steal the division and to be a sole representitive for the AFCE is appaling. I can't understand how anyone could wish for that to happen. It's almost treason.

rooting for them has nothing to do with it. They're two games up with 5 to play- it's almost guaranteed at this point.

McBFLO
11-30-2005, 09:09 AM
I picked NE.

excellent post. i couldnt agree more.

RedEyE
11-30-2005, 09:11 AM
You guys are nuts and are only looking at half the picture.

Look here, in order for the Bills to make the playoffs they have to beat teams like Denver, Cincy and pull off 3 division wins. Now I know that the chances of that happening are slim to none, but if some how they did pull it off, as a fan I would be jumping for joy with my team and would give them the credit they deserve for achieving such a difficult goal. Nearly winning out their schedule gives them playoff credibility and have properly earned and secured a spot in the post season.

Again, I don't think it will happenm, but if it did happen how could we "fans" be disappointed that the Bills took the division and made it to the playoffs. That's better than I previously anticipated. Better than most of us hoped for before this season began.

RedEyE
11-30-2005, 09:14 AM
I would rather see my team blown out in the first round of the playoffs then not make the playoffs at all. Some of you guys have been down for so long I'm really starting to question your ability to reason.

justasportsfan
11-30-2005, 09:17 AM
as a fan I would be jumping for joy with my team and would give them the credit they deserve for achieving such a difficult goal.. :bf1: and if that ever happened, that means JP has developed already. What true bills fan wouldn't want that?

OpIv37
11-30-2005, 09:18 AM
You guys are nuts and are only looking at half the picture.

Look here, in order for the Bills to make the playoffs they have to beat teams like Denver, Cincy and pull off 3 division wins. Now I know that the chances of that happening are slim to none, but if some how they did pull it off, as a fan I would be jumping for joy with my team and would give them the credit they deserve for achieving such a difficult goal. Nearly winning out their schedule gives them playoff credibility and have properly earned and secured a spot in the post season.

Again, I don't think it will happenm, but if it did happen how could we "fans" be disappointed that the Bills took the division and made it to the playoffs. That's better than I previously anticipated. Better than most of us hoped for before this season began.

It would be better than we hoped for and it would show a significant change in this team. However, beating the Pats at home, the Jets and the Dolphins can't exactly be considered convincing victories in the big picture. Even if the Bills do pull it off and make the playoffs, the OL and DL both need SERIOUS upgrades, and I'm afraid a playoff berth will mask these problems and cause our ego-maniac GM to maintain the status quo in the off-season.

OpIv37
11-30-2005, 09:19 AM
I would rather see my team blown out in the first round of the playoffs then not make the playoffs at all. Some of you guys have been down for so long I'm really starting to question your ability to reason.

see my post above about benefits- what exactly does this team gain from being blown out in the first round of the playoffs?

RedEyE
11-30-2005, 09:24 AM
It would be better than we hoped for and it would show a significant change in this team. However, beating the Pats at home, the Jets and the Dolphins can't exactly be considered convincing victories in the big picture. Even if the Bills do pull it off and make the playoffs, the OL and DL both need SERIOUS upgrades, and I'm afraid a playoff berth will mask these problems and cause our ego-maniac GM to maintain the status quo in the off-season.

I agree and have agreed with these points from day one. Which is why this discussion is really moot. But Playa's question was purely hypothetical, allowing us to assume that in order to see the Bills in the playoffs this season they would have to win out the schedule. Doing so with the talent they have on this line, with the playcalling from these coaches...it just won't happen. Hypothetically, if it did, while I agree that beating the Jets, Pats and Dolphins isn't necessarily a strong showing, beating Denver nationally and Cincy in their house would send a message that none of us could deny.

justasportsfan
11-30-2005, 09:24 AM
see my post above about benefits- what exactly does this team gain from being blown out in the first round of the playoffs? the other option has no benefit either. Well maybe that it would get TD fired eventually but winning is what it's all about.

RedEyE
11-30-2005, 09:27 AM
the other option has no benefit either. Well maybe that it would get TD fired eventually but winning is what it's all about.

Agreed.

And I really really really dislike TD and Mularkey. But proving us wrong wouldn't bother me too much either.

justasportsfan
11-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Agreed.

But proving us wrong wouldn't bother me too much either.Ditto.

Jan Reimers
11-30-2005, 09:33 AM
I certainly love the Bills more than I hate New England, so I would always pull for the Bills to make the playoffs, regardless of anything else.