Politicians are really defending the wrong people!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Politicians are really defending the wrong people!

Politicians are just getting too involved with sports leagues. What the heck do they have to do with how drugs are taken or how players are treated? They need to work on getting the poor & homeless food, jobs & healthcare. Give people who need it a chance, not some multi-millionaire loser with a bad attitude.

Sen. Arlen Specter is accusing the National Football League and the Philadelphia Eagles of treating Terrell Owens unfairly.

Specter looks into antitrust issues in Owens' case

subcommittee my a**, what is wrong with these people??
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Politicians are really defending the wrong people!

If TO was white he wouldnt of gotten such a stiff penalty.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

What do you consider a stiff penalty?

Being a multi-millionaire?

They aren't going to starve TO here, he'll make it.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Not to mention to work on a timetable to pull our troops out of Iraq
        Bush has a important speech about Iraq tomorrow. Probably be the same important speech he gave last time about Iraq.

Losing 4 paychecks is a stiff penalty for using his right of freedom of speech. How would you like to lose a quarter of your salary for a year for things you have said?

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
          Politicians are just getting too involved with sports leagues. What the heck do they have to do with how drugs are taken or how players are treated? They need to work on getting the poor & homeless food, jobs & healthcare. Give people who need it a chance, not some multi-millionaire loser with a bad attitude.
          Not to mention a timetable to get our troops out of Iraq

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Arlen Specter should be a Democrat. He has been a disgrace to the Republican Party, back to his stance against Judge Bork, who would have been the very best Supreme Court Justice of this era.

So his posturing and pontifying on behalf of a nitwit like TO does not surprise me in the least.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BidsJr
              • Sep 2002

Sen. Arlen Specter is accusing the National Football League and the Philadelphia Eagles of treating Terrell Owens unfairly.

Specter looks into antitrust issues in Owens' case

subcommittee my a**, what is wrong with these people??
              I totally agree on giving some people a hand up......... Giving the people who want a chance, a chance to depend on themselves. The rest of them who want to use my hard earned money IE taxes on a free ride through life can go screw themselves.

Most of the poor and Homeless need to figure out themselves how to get food, jobs and healthcare. Just like you and I.
              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

The Government should be there to help the people, not judge the people. It's amazing that he would throw his hat into the ring, not a good move.

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

The Government should be there to help the people, not judge the people. It's amazing that he would throw his hat into the ring, not a good move.

Agreed with 1 slight adjustment. Should be there to help people help themselves.
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    Losing 4 paychecks is a stiff penalty for using his right of freedom of speech. How would you like to lose a quarter of your salary for a year for things you have said?
                    that's a load of crap. Freedom of speech applies to the government, not to organizations that you voluntarily enter a contractual agreement with. The Philadelphia Eagles (or any other team or company) has no legal obligation to allow freedom of speech. How many of us could get away with badmouthing our employers to the media without repercussions?

And last time I checked, freedom of speech doesn't include fisticuffs with a co-worker on the employer's premises.

Also 3/4 of TO's paycheck isn't exactly slumming it. The dude's still making at least ten times more than everyone posting in this thead combined.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                      If TO was white he wouldnt of gotten such a stiff penalty.

I'm glad you said it.

Nor would he be criticized as harshly.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        that's a load of crap. Freedom of speech applies to the government, not to organizations that you voluntarily enter a contractual agreement with. The Philadelphia Eagles (or any other team or company) has no legal obligation to allow freedom of speech. How many of us could get away with badmouthing our employers to the media without repercussions?

And last time I checked, freedom of speech doesn't include fisticuffs with a co-worker on the employer's premises.

Also 3/4 of TO's paycheck isn't exactly slumming it. The dude's still making at least ten times more than everyone posting in this thead combined.
                        We'll not everyone.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                          I'm glad you said it.

Nor would he be criticized as harshly.
                          That's crap and you know it. This isn't about race. It's about selfishness, arrogance and complete disregard for your teammates and your organization.

I'm sorry that you see everything in racial terms. It doesn't help, and it is extremely disingenuous to claim that appropriate punishment for irresponsible and mean spirited actions is somehow racially motivayed.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

What better way for a politician to get publicity than stick his/her nose into sports. I'm not saying they should in most cases, but it's inevitable.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Isn't this the same Senator that said he didn't have enoug time to review the Supreme Court nominee blah, blah, blah.... so they extended the decision until January?

Some how he found the time to fit TO into his schedule. Great set of priorities.

Comment

Working...
                              X