PDA

View Full Version : Tampa fans have reason to fear Philly

Cntrygal
01-17-2003, 11:35 PM
One Florida newspaper labeled Veterans Stadium "a stinking, hostile dump," and Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Darwin Walker called it "nasty."

Tampa tour operator Dennis Pfeiffer only knows that he doesn't want any part of it.

Pfeiffer, owner of BucFanTours, fears Philadelphia's crumbling, rat-infested stadium, the site of Sunday's NFC title game between the Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He cares even less for Eagles fans, who have a reputation as being among the meanest, most hostile crowds in the NFL.

So, Pfeiffer and at least one other Florida tour operator refused to send Bucs fans to the City of Brotherly Love for the game.

"The potential for problems and client injury has our insurance agent lying awake at night!" said the posting on the BucFanTours.com Web site.

"There is a portion of the fans who are -- by Philly's own admission -- horrible," Pfeiffer said. "They're terrible, they're rude and obnoxious. That's a known fact.

"I made a business decision that I don't want to send my clients to Philadelphia. I never have and I never will. It's the worst of all of them."

more... (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/articles/20030117/451653.html)

The_Philster
01-18-2003, 04:19 AM
Can't blame them. The Vet's the only stadium ever to have a court on site for dealing with trouble-makers.