X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Spikes not interested in Cincy?

CINCINNATI -- Linebacker Takeo Spikes thinks his time in Cincinnati is over.

The emotional leader of the Bengals' defense said in a phone interview late Thursday that he hopes the team lets him become a free agent rather than forcing him to stay for one more year.

Spikes' contract is up, but he expects the team to use its franchise or transition tag to keep him.

"I don't want a tag on me,'' said Spikes, who has turned down interviews since midseason. "I feel like my time is done. I did all I can do. I did all that I owed not only to them, but to myself.

"I just want to win. I just want to compete. That's my whole objective. I don't look at the time I spent in Cincinnati as wasted time. I just want to go somewhere to compete and win.''

more
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • BillC
    The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
    • Jul 2002

Let's hope he has a hissy fit if they tag him along the lines of Trotter last season in Philly.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
      • Jul 2002

Lewis will probably try to sell him that they are going to really try and win now. I agree with my predecessor....................hopefully he throws a hissy fit if they tag him.

Comment

• JayWood
        The Professor
        • Jul 2002

I just hope that he is wearing a Bills uniform next season!!
        When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• Cntrygal
          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JayWood
          I just hope that he is wearing a Bills uniform next season!!
          That would be SWEET!!
          Originally posted by notacon
          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
          X