PDA

View Full Version : K Gun revisted

ryjam282
12-01-2005, 10:02 AM
After this past game, I am sure we can all say that JP looked very good in the No huddle. Is this something that we possibly could go back to in the future? If nothing else, he was albe to keep the D line from just teeing off and kept them a bit off balanced IMO which led to him having more time and running through his progressions. Could we be moving to the L Gun? I sure hope so, I have always been a big fan of the no huddle offense and when it is run right (like Jimbo did) it is such a potent weapon. How do you gameplan for that? Hell, look at the Colts, and I know we are no where near the Colts in talent, but it couldn't hurt to use our weapons and add the unpredictability to our offense.

Hopefully, the coaching staff can see the success that it had last week and use it more.

gr8slayer
12-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I loved the no huddle and I thought he ran is very very well.

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 10:28 AM
We need to make a distinction between the K gun and the no-huddle. The K gun was a 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB set that was usually run as a no-huddle to help keep the defenses on their toes. It operated behind an excellent offensive line.

Now, I wouldn't mind seeing Losman run the no-huddle, but not the K-gun. This OL needs help from a fullback or extra TE (instead of 3 WR's). We'd get smoked if we tried to operate from a K gun set.

Also, one other thing to consider: we're getting killed in TOP. It will only get worse if we switch to a no-huddle. Even in the glory years, the Bills had that problem because it took about 2:30 for an 80-yard TD drive in the no-huddle.

ryjam282
12-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Good point OpIV, but we are getting killed already in the TOP, obviously we can't pound the ball and get the clock in our favor, so why not at least try to have some sort of quick strike offense. I wasn't referring to running only the K Gun, just meant the No huddle in general. We can run it however the hell we want, as long as it works...Hell run the No huddle out of a goalline set for all I care, just move the ball and keep D off balance and I will be happy....

Mitchy moo
12-01-2005, 10:44 AM
We need to make a distinction between the K gun and the no-huddle. The K gun was a 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB set that was usually run as a no-huddle to help keep the defenses on their toes. It operated behind an excellent offensive line.

Now, I wouldn't mind seeing Losman run the no-huddle, but not the K-gun. This OL needs help from a fullback or extra TE (instead of 3 WR's). We'd get smoked if we tried to operate from a K gun set.

Also, one other thing to consider: we're getting killed in TOP. It will only get worse if we switch to a no-huddle. Even in the glory years, the Bills had that problem because it took about 2:30 for an 80-yard TD drive in the no-huddle.

True but 3 and out doesn't give you that much time of posssession either. It also forces the other team to use time outs when they are not set and that eliminates their ability to challenge plays called and dictates how they run plays at the end of the 1st/2nd half. I say if it works, go with it.

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 10:48 AM
now if we combined the no-huddle with, I don't know, RUNNING the ball, we might actually be able to wear down an opposing D line and win close games when they can't get pressure.

Lexwhat
12-01-2005, 11:18 AM
now if we combined the no-huddle with, I don't know, RUNNING the ball, we might actually be able to wear down an opposing D line and win close games when they can't get pressure.

The Colts do such a great job of that. And, they built their defense to complement their offensive-style. They know that their offense can score quick. Their defense is built with physical freaks that are so athletic and have great stamina.

Granted, it did take them years to do it. We can only hope we are headed in the right direction.

Mr. Miyagi
12-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Could we be moving to the L Gun?
The K-gun was not named after Kelly. It was named after TE Keith McKeller.

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 11:55 AM
The K-gun was not named after Kelly. It was named after TE Keith McKeller.

So will it be the M-gun for Mark Campbell? What about the D-Gun, since this version will require Shelton at fullback?

Mr. Miyagi
12-01-2005, 11:58 AM
LOL hopefully we can keep it K-gun for Kevin Everett for years to come. :up:

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 12:14 PM
LOL hopefully we can keep it K-gun for Kevin Everett for years to come. :up:

or A-gun since TE has been an Achilles heel for the Bills since McKellar and Metzalaars left.

Mr. Miyagi
12-01-2005, 12:17 PM
or A-gun since TE has been an Achilles heel for the Bills since McKellar and Metzalaars left.
That was almost too lame to boo.

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 12:18 PM
That was almost too lame to boo.

says the guy who asscups other men.

Mr. Miyagi
12-01-2005, 12:29 PM
says the guy who asscups other men.
But you said you loved it. :(

ParanoidAndroid
12-01-2005, 12:53 PM
It shall be called V-Gun in honor of Kevin Everett. And, it sounds better than M-gun.
So let it be written. So let it be done.

justasportsfan
12-01-2005, 01:05 PM
But you said you loved it. :(He did but you forgot to whisper dirty words to him in the process.

realdealryan
12-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Call it whatever you want...if they want to revisit the K-gun, they'll have to build an o-line again, right? I'm all for it......

TacklingDummy
12-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Could we be moving to the L Gun? ]

Hopefully, the coaching staff can see the success that it had last week and use it more.

We should call it the FG Gun. Since Field Goals is all we got out of it.