PDA

View Full Version : If we lose to the Fish....

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 11:03 AM
1. Could it be the last straw for TD? Yet another road loss, to a divisional foe, which would result in eliminating our extremely remote shot at the playo- I can't even type the whole word because it's so unrealistic. But still- does it seal his fate? This may be wishful thinking, but I have to wonder....

2. Do we root for the Phins to win the division (or more reasonably for Bills fans, the Pats to lose it)? Right now, my hatred for the Pats far exceeds my hatred for the Dolphins. While a Dolphins division title is tough to stomach, IMO it would be a worthy price to pay to embarrass NE and keep them out of the playoffs. I realize this is just a pipedream- the Phins have even less of a shot at it than we do. But if they do beat us this weekend, it would be great to see them bump off NE.

Mitchy moo
12-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Always looking positively at things aren't you?

:banned:

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 11:08 AM
well for the record, I do think we'll lose cuz we suck on the road, but that's not what this post is about.

Hypothetically, if we lose the game, does it seal Donahoe's fate and do we pull for the Pats to collapse and lose the division to the Phins?

Dolphinatic
12-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Do we root for the Phins to win the division (or more reasonably for Bills fans, the Pats to lose it)? Right now, my hatred for the Pats far exceeds my hatred for the Dolphins. While a Dolphins division title is tough to stomach, IMO it would be a worthy price to pay to embarrass NE and keep them out of the playoffs.

I agree, from the other side of things. I would prefer to see any AFCE team besides the Pats win the division (well... maybe not the Jets). If Miami loses Sunday, I'll be rooting for the Bills the rest of the way, and would really enjoy it if Miami could push your guys in (or rather, push the Pats out) by winning in New England on the final day.

Unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. Buffalo is much better positioned to win the division over New England in a tiebreaker than Miami is - but your schedule is tougher. Miami's schedule isn't so bad (except for one game in San Diego) but our tiebreak situation is awful.

It really sucks that this was supposed to be the toughest division in the league, and the Pats turn out to be just mediocre, but they'll win it anyway with a lousy record (9-7 maybe) since the rest of the division is even worse.

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 11:21 AM
It really sucks that this was supposed to be the toughest division in the league, and the Pats turn out to be just mediocre, but they'll win it anyway with a lousy record (9-7 maybe) since the rest of the division is even worse.

yeah, for me the most frustrating thing about this season is that the Pats finally suck, but the rest of the division is so much worse that no one can take them out. Hopefully someone will eliminate them in the first round of the playoffs this year.

footballhottie
12-01-2005, 11:34 AM
we lose its time to start the protests against TD..plain and simple

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 12:10 PM
we lose its time to start the protests against TD..plain and simple

IMO we're already 3 losses past that point.

Devin
12-01-2005, 12:20 PM
IMO we're already 3 losses past that point.

You mean 3 seasons.

BAM
12-01-2005, 12:21 PM
I would save an entire month's worth of snot and boogers, and then eat it before I wished the Dolphins to win the division. Might as well keep New England up there if it's not going to be us. I don't think they're going to go far this year (if they get in) anyways.

footballhottie
12-01-2005, 12:27 PM
im talking like pitchfork and fire kind of protest

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 12:49 PM
I would save an entire month's worth of snot and boogers, and then eat it before I wished the Dolphins to win the division. Might as well keep New England up there if it's not going to be us. I don't think they're going to go far this year (if they get in) anyways.

I HATE the Pats so much I want to see them lose NO MATTER WHAT. Miami winning the division is a small price to pay to see a Pats collapse.

Plus that team handles pressure so well- once they get in anything can happen, and that scares the **** out of me. If they win the AFCE I'm not even watching the SB. I can't stand another Bruschi love-fest and watching Brady hold up the Lombardi trophy again. I HATE THEM.

bills_7
12-01-2005, 12:50 PM
we will win... no worries guys.. its the fish lol

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 12:51 PM
we will win... no worries guys.. its the fish lol

yeah and fin fans are probably saying "no worries guys- the Bills are on the road"

BAM
12-01-2005, 01:11 PM
I hope we play at least a little better than we did at our last road game. I've seen rape victims put up better fights than that.

:ontome:

justasportsfan
12-01-2005, 01:36 PM
2. Do we root for the Phins to win the division (or more reasonably for Bills fans, the Pats to lose it)? .Never. We distinguish our own fate. I am always for the bills winning and let the rest of the league take care of it's own.

RedEyE
12-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Let's not forget that it is December.

finsrclowns
12-01-2005, 03:20 PM
No rooting for fins.:teary:

Mr. Miyagi
12-01-2005, 03:22 PM
No way we lose to the fish on Sunday.

I'm going to grill fish for dinner that night. :hungry:

Dolphinatic
12-01-2005, 04:07 PM
I HATE the Pats so much I want to see them lose NO MATTER WHAT. Miami winning the division is a small price to pay to see a Pats collapse.
Plus that team handles pressure so well- once they get in anything can happen, and that scares the **** out of me. If they win the AFCE I'm not even watching the SB. I can't stand another Bruschi love-fest and watching Brady hold up the Lombardi trophy again. I HATE THEM.

That's my feeling too. The Pats always play their best in big games. Even looking vulnerable all year, it's not beyond them to crank it up a level in the playoffs. Can you imagine the gushing coverage? Belichick would be carried immediately to Canton for induction, Bruschi would be Time's man of the year, etc. Please: No.

I'd much rather see Buffalo in the playoffs, even if that means you get crushed at home by whichever wildcard team is lucky enough to play you. (Seeing New England humiliated would be pretty sweet too, but it's just too risky.)

!Papacrunk!
12-01-2005, 07:16 PM
I think I'm going to root for the Dolphins to win this week. Yes, yes I am.

BillsOverDolphins
12-01-2005, 07:20 PM
If we lose to the Fish(and I sadly see it happening), we should punish TD, Mussolini style

Typ0
12-01-2005, 07:24 PM
before the season began I may have been the only one to pick the fins to win this division. I think they blew it by losing to cleveland and as far as I'm concerned a crappy Pats team can go ahead and take it.