PDA

View Full Version : Coach Mullarkey is losing his players

PromoTheRobot
12-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Whether Mike Mullarkey is a good X's and O's guy, his ability to lead and motivate the Buffalo Bills is definitely in question. First the Sam Adams flap. Now we hear grumblings that Willis McGahee is mailing it in. Add to that a lack of leadership among the players, and you have the real mess brewing on One Bills Drive.

Of course I believe that $h*t flows downhill, and that the root of all the Bills problems start and end with Ol' Whitey himself. I'm sure the players feel just as let down by Donahoe as the rest of us.

I hope that Ralph is still capable of paying attention and is planning to address this in the off-season. Wilson will not say much now, but if this team really unravels the last 5 weeks, then I think he has no choice but to make some drastic changes at the top.

PTR

fushetti
12-01-2005, 11:40 AM
he's a puppet.

Jeff1220
12-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Whether Mike Mullarkey is a good X's and O's guy, his ability to lead and motivate the Buffalo Bills is definitely in question.

He's not even a good Xs and Os guy. :cry:

OpIv37
12-01-2005, 11:58 AM
got a link on the McGahee thing?

He's got a lot of friends and family in Miami- I doubt he'd go down there and dog it in front of his peeps.

HHURRICANE
12-01-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm on the fence.

Mularkey has made some incredibly stupid calls. Plus we passed on Defensively minded coaches to get Mularkey because he was an offensive mind. Right now our offense sucks and as much as the OL sucks, the play calling and offensive game plan has been down right ridiculous. So why is Mularkey here?!

If he stays at .500 over his career here than he probably keeps his job. If we finish at 6-10, which is likely, than he needs to go!! I don't know how you keep him?!

PromoTheRobot
12-01-2005, 02:55 PM
got a link on the McGahee thing?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051201/SPORTS03/512010366/1007/SPORTS

PTR

justasportsfan
12-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Where is Gates anyways? Plugg him in if he does better then we know Willis is the problem.

BillsFever21
12-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Where have you heard these grumblings about Willis mailing it in?

PromoTheRobot
12-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Where have you heard these grumblings about Willis mailing it in?
The link is just 3 posts above yours, but since you missed it anyway...here it is again.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051201/SPORTS03/512010366/1007/SPORTS

PTR

X-Era
12-01-2005, 05:20 PM
The link is just 3 posts above yours, but since you missed it anyway...here it is again.

PTR

I didnt get that out the article at all. I think hes just frustrated like everyone else is.

McGahee has been zinged all this year and some of last by penalties when he breaks one long. Its almost every single time that he runs a long one that it gets called back.

He may be not giving his all because he doesnt see the point, but I bet MANY MANY players are doing that at this point.

I feel like JP is NOT one of them.

Jan Reimers
12-01-2005, 05:26 PM
If you've watched the last several games, you can see for yourself that Willis is just going through the motions. I can't remember the last time he broke a tackle or carried guys an extra few yards. He basically goes down as soon as he's hit.

Good backs break one occasionally, no matter how inept the O line. Willis never does.

Cntrygal
12-01-2005, 06:52 PM
When WM does get some yardage - it's usually called back because some dumbass got flagged.

Michael82
12-01-2005, 07:44 PM
If you've watched the last several games, you can see for yourself that Willis is just going through the motions. I can't remember the last time he broke a tackle or carried guys an extra few yards. He basically goes down as soon as he's hit.

Good backs break one occasionally, no matter how inept the O line. Willis never does.
Plus he doesnt even use the stiff arm anymore. :(

gr8slayer
12-01-2005, 09:28 PM
I didnt get that out the article at all. I think hes just frustrated like everyone else is.

McGahee has been zinged all this year and some of last by penalties when he breaks one long. Its almost every single time that he runs a long one that it gets called back.

He may be not giving his all because he doesnt see the point, but I bet MANY MANY players are doing that at this point.

I feel like JP is NOT one of them.
Its funny that you bring up penalties. The other day I went over all the games we won dating back to last season. Every huge play McGahee breaks (five of them in particular) there is a penalty on us that brings it back. Miami (@ Miami) and St. Louis were the worst. Three of those five big plays were penalties on Lee Evans. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

gr8slayer
12-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Plus he doesnt even use the stiff arm anymore. :(
I think its more because he doesnt have a chance to. People have realized that you arent going to take him down by going high on him, you must go for the knees.

SABURZFAN
12-02-2005, 02:42 AM

i agree.where the hell is the stiff arm that he displayed last year?

Michael82
12-02-2005, 05:49 AM
i agree.where the hell is the stiff arm that he displayed last year?
I already said that. :mad:

MinnesotaFury
12-02-2005, 11:43 PM
you cant neccessarly blame mcgahee for his "sub-anticipated" performance. i mean his line is shot, they are working with a new passer so there is no pass game to base the run off of, and the defense after losing key players, is effecting the momentum, and limiting the number of times the offense gets the ball.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Willis is not "mailing it in". Yes, he's been struggling lately, but to say he's mailing it in is a bit harsh. He still looks like he's trying out there. He's just laid back, probably more so than most NFL players. Let's cut the guy some slack, he's only been in the league for a year and a half, he's still learning.

venis2k1
12-03-2005, 08:38 AM
im not saying that he is mailing it in, but 4 tds through 12 games is not what i would expect from the self proclaimed "best back in the league". that .25 TDs a game. you cant defend that, its simply not getting it done. in 11 games started last year he had 13 TDs. RBs this year that have produced more than Willis "im the best in the league" Mcgahee...

S. Alexander RB, SEA
L. Tomlinson RB, SDG
Stephen Davis RB, CAR
E. James RB, IND
Larry Johnson RB, KAN
LaMont Jordan RB, OAK
Mike Anderson RB, DEN
Rudi Johnson RB, CIN
S. Jackson RB, STL
Corey Dillon RB, NE
Tiki Barber RB, NYG
Thomas Jones RB, CHI
Priest Holmes RB, KAN
T.J. Duckett RB, ATL
Mike Alstott RB, TAM
C. Portis RB, WAS
Curtis Martin RB, NYJ
Chris Brown RB, TEN
Tatum Bell RB, DEN
Kevin Jones RB, DET
Marion Barber RB, DAL
B. Jacobs RB, NY

i dont know what the problem is, but there is one, and it needs to be fixed.