PDA

View Full Version : New pricing structure for Bills season tickets

clumping platelets
01-18-2003, 09:29 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=158584&dsp=press

It appears that Eb & I will be paying about $60 more this year. It's worth it if they continue to put a competitive team on the field.

:cp:

Typ0
01-18-2003, 10:46 AM
I have yet to see where it is worth it to purchase season tickets. In a stadium all games do not sell out they should give a break to people who are willing to purchase tickets for all games on the schedule. They do not do this at all. Instead they market it as a discounted ticket rate but force you to purchase tickets to the pre-season games. If you purchase individual tickets to all 8 home games at $48 per game the cost is $384. The cost of season tickets when there is two preseason games is $390. This is better known as nickle and diming the hand that feeds you.

A better policy would be to sell pre-season game tickets only individually and at a discounted rate. More people would be willing to pay for the games which would help curb the losses incurred in operating expenses because the stadium is half full. Additionally, they should hold at least one if not both preseason games in an alternate home stadium closer to where people don't usually have access to an nfl team such as the carrier dome. They also need aggressively priced family packages for the preseason games.

The way I see it now the season ticket holders are solely being charged with the burden of supporting the NFL preseason. In short, the best fans are being gouged.

Dozerdog
01-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Toronto skydome and the Carrier dome would be excelent venues for pre season games

clumping platelets
01-18-2003, 11:05 AM
$6??

It's worth the expense for 2nd row upper deck

The_Philster
01-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Mine went up $3 a game but I'm still saving $8 per game over individual tix. :D

DIHARD2
01-19-2003, 07:58 AM
I always wondered, do they count the sky boxes in the 80 thousand seats? If not, then they don't count them for a sellout either.

I was just wondering and I was going to ask that question somewhere else but forgot to back then.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

The_Philster
01-19-2003, 08:50 AM
Actually, the seat count is now 73, 967 and I would think that the luxury boxes are indeed counted

Typ0
01-19-2003, 12:32 PM
how are you saving $8 per game over individual tickets? Are you saying you would actually go to the box office and purchase pre-season tickets at the same cost you would pay for a regular season game? If not you are not saving anything on individual game ticket by buying seasons.

$6 might be worth the expense to you clump I did not say anything about the price of one ticket. What I said was the actual cost of a single ticket under the season ticket policy is 47.75 ($38+((38*2)/2)). So you are getting a .25 break on tickets not the $9 break they would lead you to believe.

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-19-2003, 12:39 PM
I think it's messed up we pay almost 170 dollars on a pair of season tickets that most people just give away anyway.

I'd probably still go to the preseason games if we didn't have to buy them, but we shouldn't have to pay 40 dollars a piece for them.

Typ0
01-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Thank you PA that is my point. No one would buy the season tickets at full price. The way things are structured now the season ticket holders are the sole consumers who generate stadium revenues for the pre-season games.

Change the policies. Use alternate stadiums. Broadcast the pre-season games in their respective markets and collect revenues from the broadcast. Don't gouge your best customers into supporting your dogs.

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-19-2003, 01:08 PM
That might even play a role into some people not buying a season ticket. You can always get a ticket around here, so if it won't cost us anymore to just buy a ticket for each game then you midas well wait and see if you can make the game. If you can't or don't feel like attending a certain game, at least your not stuck with a ticket to sell or eat up.

If you were actually getting a deal on them, then it might entice the people who go to 5 games a year, or those who have thought about getting them to finally buy them. If people wait around to decide to go to a game most will eventually change their minds. You have to make them make their minds up in advance.

People love deals and will always look for them. It's like when you call up the pizza shop and order a large pizza for $10.99 and they tell you that a 2nd one is just $3.99, most will get the 2nd even if they don't really need it just because it makes you feel as if you're getting ripped off by getting one. Or say you're going to buy a TV and a 19 inch will cost you $199 but they have a 27 inch one that you can buy for $250. Most will pay 50 bucks for the upgrade.

I buy season tickets so I won't end up in crappy seats to certain games. The last thing I want is to get stuck in the endzone or the corners of the upper deck.

The way things have been the past few years, you could actually save money by not buying a season ticket and just purchasing a ticket to each game. We've had a game or two at the end of the year that wern't even close to selling out the last few years. You could've went and bought tickets from the scalpers for 20 bucks.

Typ0
01-19-2003, 02:00 PM
That is the very reason I gave up my season tickets. I just can't justify spending $168 for four tickets to pre-season games that's a lot of money when you are poor and a rip off when you can afford it. The last season I had season tickets I couldn't make two games in a row because I was going to be out of town and I had to sell my four tickets for $10 a piece because no one would pay more for them. There is another $128 down the drain. So I spent $840 on two season ticket packages plus took a loss of $296 because eight of my tickets were valueless. I got a 64% value on the purchase price of season tickets. No, it's not their fault I couldn't make it to games but it is their gouging policies that inflate the real cost of the tickets.

Typ0
01-19-2003, 02:02 PM
And yes they would have a lot better ticket sales for late season games if season tickets were more attractively priced not to mention more concession revenues because more people would attend the games. With only 8 regular season home games per year the only excuse for not having a full stadium at a game is the tickets are overpriced.

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-19-2003, 02:06 PM
I usually end up giving away the preseason tickets just so somebody will want to go. Nobody will give me anything for them. I just have them pay for parking and gas.

I've been stuck giving away a few regular season games like last year and the Bengals this year. That stuff happens but it gets very expensive.

STH's should get discounts on food, clothes, or parking. Things like that make a big difference.

Typ0
01-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Honestly, I have no problem with the ticket prices on an individual basis they are more than fair for an event like the NFL. It's the principle of the matter here I am taking issue with. Teams and the league are taking advantage of their best consumers by forcing the pre-season tickets down their throats. Then the people in the marketing department print how people get a $9 per game savings on tickets if they purchase season tickets. I have a lot of professional experience with marketing. I'm also a very educated consumer. Good marketing is directed at developing a win-win with the marketplace. Bad marketing is directed at developing a win for the organization.

Halbert
01-20-2003, 03:01 AM
That's precisely the reason I gave up my season tix.

1. Don't want to buy preseason games. Always ate them or gave them away, never used one myself.

2. Don't want to go to every game. Sometimes I'd rather just stay home.

3. Don't want to eat tickets. For any game I don't want to go to I had to search just to find someone to give them away to. At least half the time I ate them.

4. Can get good seats to 90% of any game I want to go to. Even the upper deck corners and club level end zones are good seats. Getting stuck in the lower end zone or one of the corners does suck but that hardly never happens. A little work with the scalpers and you never pay above face for 2 good seats.

5. Playoff game tix always available. There's a slight advantage to being able to buy tickets before the general public but it's usually moot with all the availability of tix.

6. Super Bowl lottery is fixed. I didn't even get a sniff of SB tickets during my season tix years but I knew/heard of others getting them every season. You gotta know somebody or be extremely lucky on the few they actually lottery.

don137
01-20-2003, 06:32 AM
A lot of people sell there extra tickets on ebay. The only ones that seem to go below market value are the ones against crappy teams in December and preseason games.
What I noticed, which is unfortunate, is many of the sellers will list 2 $45 tickets for $180 and say "do not bid over 10% of the $180 face value of the two tickets." I contacted ebay to say they are inflating and lying ablout the prices of the tickets and ebay replied saying there is nothing they can do because they take the word of the seller. Now I am not saying to do scam your unwanted tickets but selling unwanted tickets on ebay at least you can get your money back on the tickets if you can't go unless it's against a team like Cincy in December or a preseason game...