X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Good News!!

I was thinking about how pathetic this year has turned out and realized that we will be in a good position no matter what and here's why:

1) Worst case scenario is that TD and MM survive one more year, have a losing season in '06 and they both get canned. My guess is that this is Ralph's thought as well and maybe why he extended TD's contract. A new GM is going to want to clean house across the board and not want TD's leftovers. With that said we can develop Losman, McGahee, McGee, Evans and Parrish knowing that help is on the way.

2) Second scenario is TD now realizes his job is on the line and he flushes are useless vets, picks up some super FA's and has a great draft. We make the playoffs and he saves his and MM's jobs.

3) Best case scenario is TD and MM get fired after this season. A new regime comes in, cleans house and gives us some new hope. I highly doubt this because Ralph Wilson himself is a cheap SOB and does not want to buy out any contracts.

4) Ralph sells the team. I believe that Ralph Wilson is part of the problem as well because he is the CEO. 41 years without a SB. In any other business he would have been fired or releived of his duty. I know I will get negged here but I have been a fan since the 60's and Ralph has chosen the cheap route on many occassions. The Bills are not leaving Buffalo and Ralph is not the reason we are staying.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Good News!!

Huh?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

1) If TD and MM stay for 06 and botch it again, that means that it won't be til '07 before we get help What's good about that? Plus, how do you know that whoever takes over won't consider Losman, McGahee, McGee, Evans and Parrish to BE TD's trash?

2) This could happen but if TD was capable of getting good FA's and having a good draft, don't you think he'd have done it already? He's had one good off-season in Buffalo- '03.

3) This would be an excellent outcome

4) Ralph's not selling. If he does, we probably won't like the changes the new owner makes.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

how much worse could a new owner make us 3-8?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

jesus dude...why do you even like this team...youre the same guy who said we shouldnt even start the game in NE bc we had no chance, now your s***ing on everyone else in the organization....why bad mouth Ralph, he built this organization as well as this league, so he doesnt have a Super Bowl, so what, fact is there is a lot of teams who have yet to win a Super Bowl. He put an amazing dynasty together in the early 90s who would have been known in a better light had a field goal not missed by two feet from 46 yards out. All those other years we lost to a better team. Washington started off that season like 11 and 0, Dallas ripped through the league both years we lost to them. What can you do?? I dont see heads rolling in Kansas City for being forever mediocore. you gotta take the good years with the bad and understand it takes time to turn into a consistantly good team. We are young as hell, and have a butt-load of un-drafted free agents. We obviously lack leadership and a sense of stability, rocking the boat every 3 years when we dont win the freakin super bowl is rediculous. I understand the frustration(BELIEVE ME, I DO), but you gotta let these players grow and gel together. Eventually they'll get more experience and get that winning swagger....Just relax, we'll have our day.

Comment

• bills_7
            TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Huh?
            LOL

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
              how much worse could a new owner make us 3-8?
              a new owner could move the team
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Nublar7
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                LA Bills has a ring to it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  Won't happen. I don't feel like going into all the reasons why but this team makes money and that is the bottom line.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Nublar7
                    LA Bills has a ring to it.
                    The Duluth Dolphins also has a nice feel.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

See my sig for best option.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                        jesus dude...why do you even like this team...youre the same guy who said we shouldnt even start the game in NE bc we had no chance, now your s***ing on everyone else in the organization....why bad mouth Ralph, he built this organization as well as this league, so he doesnt have a Super Bowl, so what, fact is there is a lot of teams who have yet to win a Super Bowl. He put an amazing dynasty together in the early 90s who would have been known in a better light had a field goal not missed by two feet from 46 yards out. All those other years we lost to a better team. Washington started off that season like 11 and 0, Dallas ripped through the league both years we lost to them. What can you do?? I dont see heads rolling in Kansas City for being forever mediocore. you gotta take the good years with the bad and understand it takes time to turn into a consistantly good team. We are young as hell, and have a butt-load of un-drafted free agents. We obviously lack leadership and a sense of stability, rocking the boat every 3 years when we dont win the freakin super bowl is rediculous. I understand the frustration(BELIEVE ME, I DO), but you gotta let these players grow and gel together. Eventually they'll get more experience and get that winning swagger....Just relax, we'll have our day.

Hmmm. First off KC has a Super Bowl win. Second, it is a lot harder to move a winning team. Third, I was at the Super Bowl where Norwood missed the kick. Coming close is for losers!! I think 41 years is patient enough!!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Yeah KC won, wasnt that like Super Bowl 3???....Im sure their fans are content as long as they won a couple of decades ago. We won a championship as well it just wasnt the super bowl yet...The point I was trying to make with my first post is Ralph has done what he can for this team. Congratulations on being at the first Super Bowl. You must have had a great view on just how close we came to being considered one of the best teams of the decade. Had that kick gone through, some even may considered Buffalo a dynasty, even if they still had lost the next three super bowls. All Im saying is I think Ralph hasnt done his best to put the best person in charge. It takes time to get back to the top. The colts have been a team in progress for the last 5 years and they're finally at the top. I think we have a young core of players who are immature and learning. I dont blame the office guys and coaches for this, i blame inexperience. Sure we've had some busts in the draft (every team does), and i cant agree more that we over pay Posey, but give this young group time to grow together and you will see what Donahoe has built.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                            Yeah KC won, wasnt that like Super Bowl 3???....Im sure their fans are content as long as they won a couple of decades ago. We won a championship as well it just wasnt the super bowl yet...The point I was trying to make with my first post is Ralph has done what he can for this team. Congratulations on being at the first Super Bowl. You must have had a great view on just how close we came to being considered one of the best teams of the decade. Had that kick gone through, some even may considered Buffalo a dynasty, even if they still had lost the next three super bowls. All Im saying is I think Ralph hasnt done his best to put the best person in charge. It takes time to get back to the top. The colts have been a team in progress for the last 5 years and they're finally at the top. I think we have a young core of players who are immature and learning. I dont blame the office guys and coaches for this, i blame inexperience. Sure we've had some busts in the draft (every team does), and i cant agree more that we over pay Posey, but give this young group time to grow together and you will see what Donahoe has built.
                            I agree that we have some youth and we should not roll them under the bus. McGee, McGahee, Evans, Losman, and Peters and Parrish is a good start. Believe me, one Superbowl win is worth more than 4 appearances. I'd give 10 losing seasons for just one chance to say "World Champions". I LOVE BUFFALO but can't stand the loser marker we have. It's the same with the Sabres and the "no goal".

Comment

Working...
                            X