PDA

View Full Version : WEEK 13: Post your picks!

doomsdayvirus
12-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Almost had that upset pick in Houston (curse you Ryan Fitzpatrick!!)

Regardless, I still had my best week this season in terms of percentage correct.

My week 13 picks were relatively painless, then again it is WEEK 13!!! That can't be lucky...

--------$----------$----------$----------$----------$----------$--------

TAMPA BAY @ BATON ROUGE : TAMPA BAY
In spite of their miserbale loss last week the Bucs continue to be strong as the Saints fall further into disarray. Tampa isn't the power house that I thought they were at the beginning of the season, but they're better than Baton Rouge.

DALLAS @ NEW YORK (NYG) : NEW YORK (NYG)
It's a toss up, but New York is hungry after that humiliating loss last week in Seattle. They know they're duking it out with the Cowboys here for the division title and they'll get it done in front of their ever-critical home crowd in the Meadowlands.

GREEN BAY @ CHICAGO : CHICAGO
It wouldn't surprise me if the Pack pulled off an upset here, they've cut it so close in recent weeks, but Chicago is the team to beat in the NFC North. After rising to the top so quickly, I can see them taking this game a little too lightly, but they should pull it together by the time it's all over with.

CINCINNATI @ PITTSBURGH : PITTSBURGH
Cincinnati's overrated, Cincinnati's overrated, Cincinnati's overrated. How many times do I have to say it? Pittsburgh takes this one at home. But watch out for the Bengals next year.

JACKSONVILLE @ CLEVELAND : JACKSONVILLE
Jacksonville looks to lock up that final wild card slot. Cleveland looks to lock the doors to the stadium.

MINNESOTA @ DETROIT : DETROIT
Detroit issues a surprising upset at home this week after the Vikings start celebrating their apparent victory a little too early.

TENNESSEE @ INDIANAPOLIS : INDIANAPOLIS
Sometime when a team starts playing as well as the Colts, and they come off a big victory over a tough team they tend to underestimate their more lackluster opponents. Indianapolis is NOT one of those teams.

ATLANTA @ CAROLINA : ATLANTA
Carolina looked like crap against Buffalo and Chicago the last 2 weeks. How anybody can pick them over the Falcons is a mystery to me.

HOUSTON @ BALTIMORE : BALTIMORE
I keep picking Houston as surprise upset and they keep letting me down. This week I'll pick against them and they'll probably let me down again.

BUFFALO @ MIAMI : BUFFALO
Miami has one good game against a dud team from the AFC West and all the sudden they're god's gift to football? Hey, remember when the Bills beat the Chiefs 3 weeks ago? I wouldn't make this pick if I didn't think our boys could pull it off, but I like what I've been seeing and am prepared to dismiss this road-game curse once and for all.

ARIZONA @ SAN FRANCISCO : ARIZONA
Arizona has the talent to become a good team much sooner than San Francisco.

WASHINGTON @ ST. LOUIS : WASHINGTON
Watch out for that Fitzpatrick guy, but Washington isn't Houston.

NEW YORK @ NEW ENGLAND : NEW ENGLAND
They lost last week, now they must win. The Pats want to seal the division, the Jets don't care anymore.

DENVER @ KANSAS CITY : DENVER
Another tough game for Denver against division rivals, but they've shown they've got what it takes to win when it matters.

OAKLAND @ SAN DIEGO : SAN DIEGO
LaMont vs. LaDainian. Guess who wins?

SEATTLE @ PHILADELPHIA : SEATTLE
There is no doubt in my mind that Seattle is the best team in the NFC. They'll drive a stake through the reigning champs this week to claim their place once and for all.

Season & Weekly Record
--------------------------------
WK 1......8/16....(8-8).....50%
WK 2......6/16....(6-10)....38%
WK 3......6/14....(6-8).....42%
WK 4.....10/14....(10-4)....71%
WK 5.....10/14....(10-4)....71%
WK 6.....10/14....(10-4)....71%
WK 7.....10/14....(10-4)....71%
WK 8.....10/14....(10-4)....71%
WK 9......9/14....(9-5).....64%
WK 10....11/14....(11-3)....79%
WK 11.....8/16....(8-8).....50%
WK 12....12/16....(12-4)....75%
Season..110/176...(110-66)..63%

Nublar7
12-01-2005, 05:22 PM
TAMPA BAY @ NEW ORLEANS : TAMPA BAY

DALLAS @ NEW YORK GIANTS : DALLAS

GREEN BAY @ CHICAGO : CHICAGO

CINCINNATI @ PITTSBURGH : PITTSBURGH

JACKSONVILLE @ CLEVELAND : JACKSONVILLE

MINNESOTA @ DETROIT : MINNESOTA

TENNESSEE @ INDIANAPOLIS : INDIANAPOLIS

ATLANTA @ CAROLINA : ATLANTA

HOUSTON @ BALTIMORE : BALTIMORE

BUFFALO @ MIAMI : MIAMI(LOCK OF THE WEEK)

ARIZONA @ SAN FRANCISCO : ARIZONA

WASHINGTON @ ST. LOUIS : ST. LOUIS

NEW YORK JETS @ NEW ENGLAND : NEW ENGLAND

DENVER @ KANSAS CITY : DENVER

OAKLAND @ SAN DIEGO : SAN DIEGO

SEATTLE @ PHILADELPHIA : SEATTLE

DynaPaul
12-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Last week I was a mediocre 9 - 7. 90 - 54 on the season. Here I go again:

Atlanta at Carolina: Michael Vick facing yet another powerhouse defense. The Panthers D will contain his gimmicky run or throw it to Crumpler on the sidelines routine all day. Carolina.

Buffalo at Miami: As much as I'd like to see us beat the Fish again I think the road curse will continue. People we're 0 - 5 on the road and I can't see us breaking it even against a bad Dolphins team. Miami.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh: The Steelers will pick it up this week and tighten that division race. The Bengals are gonna have to earn that title and it won't come at the heinz. Pittsburgh.

Dallas at N.Y. Giants: Man, two teams I totally hate battling it out over their division. I think the G-Men can take the Cowboys in a squeeker at home. N.Y. Giants.

Green Bay at Chicago: This game is going to make Brett Favre's existence much more painful. Chicago.

Houston at Baltimore: Hey, the Ravens need a good morale boost. This is the team to get one against. Baltimore.

Jacksonville at Cleveland: Fat Albert is out for the season but the defense is still good. I'm looking for a Browns upset here. Cleveland.

Minnesota at Detroit: A broken Lions team doesn't stand much of a challenge against a heating Vikes team. Minnesota.

Tampa Bay at New Orleans: The Bucs atone for last week's loss against this pathetic team. Tampa Bay.

Tennessee at Indianapolis: The Titans are truly among giants in Indy. Look for them to be stuck on the soles of Manning and company. Indianapolis.

Arizona at San Francisco: ZzzzzzZZZzzzZZzzzzz... Arizona.

Washington at St. Louis: Will the Harvard rookie win again or will Brunnell and Gibbs pull one out? Washington.

Denver at Kansas City: Great matchup. Bronco's are due against a fighting Chiefs team. Kansas City.

N.Y. Jets at New England: For the Patriots this should be an easy putt. New England.

Oakland at San Diego: The Chargers are on a roll, what men from the Raiders dare to step up? None. San Diego.

Seattle at Philadelphia: The Seahawks are too good right now, look for them to stay perched atop the NFC. Seattle.

CanaanVtBillsFan
12-03-2005, 07:40 PM
ATL
BUF-yeah yeah it's not like I'd win a prize if this comes true
NFL always seems to have ways to mess up the bookies
And the Bills always have a way to bring the Fans back on the Wagon
Besides they're still my team dammit I'm sick of going against them
COME ON YOU FILTHY BASTARDS
Cincy
nyg
chic
balt
cleve
minn
tb
indy
ari
stl
den
ne
sd
seattle

By the way
I hate you V CARRUCI
I LISTENED TO THAT DINGBAT LAST WEEK AND CHANGED MY tb-CHIC PICKS ON ANOTHER CONTEST AND LOST
sCREW THAT i'LL GO WITH MY HEART FOR NOW ON
SHOO SOME OF US IN HERE HAVE BETTER SCORES THAN THE EX PROS OR GUYS IN THE BIZ

squish the fish