PDA

View Full Version : worst red zone D

billsburgh
12-01-2005, 03:26 PM
just saw on NFL live that the Bills have the worst red zone D in the league. 20 touchdowns in 31 attempst. what has happened to this once mighty D?

Mr. Miyagi
12-01-2005, 03:38 PM
what has happened to this once mighty D?
One is now a Viking and the other is out of the season with an achillies.

TacklingDummy
12-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Not only do the Bills have the worst Red zone offense. So far this year the offense has scored only 14 Touchdowns. I think their lowest ever was 20 or 22.

Unless a miracle happens this will be the Bills worst offense ever.

BillsFever21
12-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Coaching is what happened to this team. We can't score in the redzone and we can't stop someone from scoring in the redzone. That adds up to a lot of losses.

Unless Mularkey is gone after this season get used to it for next year.

ShadowHawk7
12-01-2005, 06:58 PM
A wise man once said, "Worst red zone D in addition to worst red zone O equals many a loss."

justasportsfan
12-02-2005, 08:22 AM
what has happened to this once mighty D?still dealing w/ "unfinished business" from last year. They are still thinking about trying to be the best D ever. Just thinking about it though.

gr8slayer
12-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Its tough when you lose the best player on your team.

TedMock
12-02-2005, 11:40 AM
This defense was never that mighty. They did come up with a lot of big plays last year, but they also gave up a lot of big plays, and more often than not fell apart at the worst possible times., including last year's games against Jax, the Jets, and the Steelers. Couple that with us not having the two best players from last season, and you have the disaster that we're currently trying to survive. Statistically we were ranked #2 in total defense. Again, that was STATISTICALLY which basically means close to zero when you're talking football. I especially think the last game of the season was a testament to what our staunch defense was really made of. I understand that our scheme is one of bringing pressure from all directions, etc., but in any defense, you still need a solid base on the d-line that creates pressure. We don't have one defensive lineman that scares offensive tackles. Schobel is the best we've got, and he's solid but certainly not a top shelf D-end. I like the guy, but let's face the fact that offenses do not gameplan around him. Last year, teams were indeed worried about Pat Williams and Sam Adams, but not the ends. This year teams have no fear whatsoever of our D-line as proven by them lining up and running straight at us on most plays, and having all the time in the world when they decide to pass. Luckily we have good corners, the San Diego game not included.