PDA

View Full Version : Link: Sabres returning to Blue and Gold, also making more money this season

JD
12-02-2005, 03:59 AM
http://www.sabresfans.com/articles.asp?id=1585&ref=24

"Buffalo Sabres' managing partner Larry Quinn was on the Morning Skate pod cast. Quinn touched on a few hot button issues with the fans. Prime among them is the speculation about a return to the team's original blue and gold colors and subsequent uniform change. There have been a lot of bad reports and misleading rumors about this issue for over a year. Once again I want to state just the facts. Quinn stated in no uncertain terms, just as he did this summer, the team will return to blue and gold and has engaged Reebok to design the new uniform. Reebok is also designing a new look for NHL uniforms in general. As such Quinn said the Sabres will have to wait for the NHL to give the word about the unveiling of the new look NHL generic jersey before they unveil their new blue and gold jersey."

BAM
12-02-2005, 05:56 AM
Sweet. I loved the old uni's. The newer ones are OK, but don't hold a candle to them.

Michael82
12-02-2005, 05:58 AM
I bet they are going to keep the new logo, but just change the colors. Or at least have the new logo still be on there somewhere.

chubluv
12-02-2005, 07:42 AM
They can keep the B with the Sabre going through it, but that thing on the front has got to go!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Someone post the link that had all the new designs.

Ebenezer
12-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Blue & Gold baby!! The way it was supposed to be!!

realmendontwearteal
12-02-2005, 08:55 AM
When is ryan miller suppose to come back off the IR?

realmendontwearteal
12-02-2005, 08:55 AM
I miss the old jerseys

JD
12-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Someone post the link that had all the new designs.

http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/jerseys.html
:king:

SabreEleven
12-02-2005, 04:21 PM

Remember, these are just jersey's some fans made up. These are nothing official. So don't get your panty's all in a wad. Couple of them are pretty sweet.

JD
12-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I think we know that.. He just wanted to see the link.

qcsabresfan84
12-02-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm not too bothered by the return to blue and gold, i just hope that they don't bring back the old logo. I think it's important to have keep the different eras seperated.

pyrrhonist
12-02-2005, 06:51 PM
To me, Buffalo will always be the blue & gold. I have the eras separated in my mind.

If they do go with the old school colors again, they'll never return to the classics. I think, however, Buffalo should enter the "vintage" program, and wear their classic unis from time to time (Ala Vancouver, LA, Montreal).

Typ0
12-02-2005, 10:32 PM
I like the uniforms we have now. Blue and Gold is just novelty crap so people have something to associate with their childhood. Move forward. If this is the NEW Sabres they should keep it that way IMO.

Typ0
12-02-2005, 10:33 PM
As I stated earlier this was a trap game. I'm glad I was exhausted and slept through it. Every team has a bad game. The real test is going to be how we respond.

SabreEleven
12-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I think we know that.. He just wanted to see the link.

That was for the people seeing those jersey's for the first time.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-03-2005, 01:34 AM
I bet they are going to keep the new logo, but just change the colors. Or at least have the new logo still be on there somewhere.

You Know the Sabres don't have to design a new jersey they got the third Jersey just make it blue and gold. I mean it has the crossed sabres already and they could stick the new buffalo logo where the two sabres cross and where you see black that could be blue and the white can be changed to gold. Also for the shoulder patches keep the B with the sabre going through it

SABuffalo786
12-03-2005, 01:36 AM
I like the uniforms we have now. Blue and Gold is just novelty crap so people have something to associate with their childhood. Move forward. If this is the NEW Sabres they should keep it that way IMO.

Oh come now, the current shirts are just so much mid 90s pseudo-macho crap. Black and Red? What the ***** were they thinking?

No need to design a whole new logo, just bring back the original sweaters.

The originals oozed class, the current ones just............ooze.

fushetti
12-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Remember, these are just jersey's some fans made up. These are nothing official. So don't get your panty's all in a wad. Couple of them are pretty sweet.

Those jerseys were designed by my friend John. He actually met with Larry Quinn at that time, but then promptly came on here and blabbed to this board and others that he had the meeting... Needless to say, the Sabres dropped him like a bad habit.

fushetti
12-03-2005, 12:55 PM

Youre kidding right?

If anything, the black and red is novelty. Bring back the blue and gold.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-03-2005, 01:58 PM

:goodpost: I agree with you I like the jerseys that we have now I never knew the real tradition of the b&g because I wasn't born until 12/19/79 I never got to see the French Connection, Danny Gare, Tim Horton etc. I got to see Pat Lafontaine in the blue and gold jerseys but I was to young to know what the blue and gold ment. It's 2005 not 1970 the Blue & gold era is dead for the SABRES let it go.

hammerbillsfan
12-03-2005, 02:43 PM
You guys should have stuck with this logo, I love it.

http://www.logoshak.com/~asgsport/images/Buffalo_Sabres_3.gif

Dozerdog
12-03-2005, 04:23 PM
The black has to go. Wayyy to many teams went with the stupid black (Dallas, Ottawa, ect..) in the 1990's- that I thought hockey was only transmitted on TV in black & white.

I think a cool design would be to keep the current Buffalo head logo, place it over the puck with crossed swords logo, and then just replace red with gold and Black with Blue.

I think that would look good.

pyrrhonist
12-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Wow, what's with all of the jabbing at people's preferences in this thread? So, if we love the blue & gold still, that makes us "old", and we need to "let it go"? Check. :rolleyes:

To me, the black/red color scheme that 85% of the NHL uses these days marks the Rigass era. It marked the end of the Aud, and the beginning of money laundering Rigass' team. Granted, I still love this team, but there is nothing wrong with pointing to the past for great times. This team has a great tradition, and is often laughed at by the rest of the NHL community. You used to be able to talk proudly of the Sabres with the other NHL fans, but so many are used to the $$ money grubbing $$ teams that buy all free agents in sight, that a so-called "small market" team like Buffalo is mentioned in the same breaths as Florida, Washington, and Columbus. :rage:

And BTW---For as many of you that are Bills fans in here, don't you have to look to the past to find happiness with them? :bighug: :tip:

JD
12-04-2005, 09:00 PM
You guys should have stuck with this logo, I love it.

http://www.logoshak.com/~asgsport/images/Buffalo_Sabres_3.gif
Yea, but that looks like a female Buffalo...WHERES DA PENIS!

Hey, if the Nickel can get it right...so can the Buffalo Sabres :bighug:

SABuffalo786
12-05-2005, 12:01 AM
:goodpost: I agree with you I like the jerseys that we have now I never knew the real tradition of the b&g because I wasn't born until 12/19/79 I never got to see the French Connection, Danny Gare, Tim Horton etc. I got to see Pat Lafontaine in the blue and gold jerseys but I was to young to know what the blue and gold ment. It's 2005 not 1970 the Blue & gold era is dead for the SABRES let it go.

Yeah, man, ******* TRADITION! :rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
12-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Those are solid!

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 02:48 PM
there are a lot of good things there!!