• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Link: Sabres returning to Blue and Gold, also making more money this season

"Buffalo Sabres' managing partner Larry Quinn was on the Morning Skate pod cast. Quinn touched on a few hot button issues with the fans. Prime among them is the speculation about a return to the team's original blue and gold colors and subsequent uniform change. There have been a lot of bad reports and misleading rumors about this issue for over a year. Once again I want to state just the facts. Quinn stated in no uncertain terms, just as he did this summer, the team will return to blue and gold and has engaged Reebok to design the new uniform. Reebok is also designing a new look for NHL uniforms in general. As such Quinn said the Sabres will have to wait for the NHL to give the word about the unveiling of the new look NHL generic jersey before they unveil their new blue and gold jersey."
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

Re: Link: Sabres returning to Blue and Gold, also making more money this season

Sweet. I loved the old uni's. The newer ones are OK, but don't hold a candle to them.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I bet they are going to keep the new logo, but just change the colors. Or at least have the new logo still be on there somewhere.

Comment

• chubluv
        BillsZone bowling team MVP
        • Jan 2003

They can keep the B with the Sabre going through it, but that thing on the front has got to go!!

We are in 5th place
        Clump is on the IR
        Chubluv average is 167
        Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
        Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Someone post the link that had all the new designs.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Blue & Gold baby!! The way it was supposed to be!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• realmendontwearteal
              Blue and Gold perhaps....
              • Dec 2003

When is ryan miller suppose to come back off the IR?
              Curt Schilling needs to STFU

Comment

• realmendontwearteal
                Blue and Gold perhaps....
                • Dec 2003

I miss the old jerseys
                Curt Schilling needs to STFU

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  Someone post the link that had all the new designs.

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                    Remember, these are just jersey's some fans made up. These are nothing official. So don't get your panty's all in a wad. Couple of them are pretty sweet.

Comment

• JD
                      Sabres Zone
                      • Sep 2003

Yeah, I think we know that.. He just wanted to see the link.

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
                        • Feb 2003

I'm not too bothered by the return to blue and gold, i just hope that they don't bring back the old logo. I think it's important to have keep the different eras seperated.
                        N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                          • Sep 2003

To me, Buffalo will always be the blue & gold. I have the eras separated in my mind.

If they do go with the old school colors again, they'll never return to the classics. I think, however, Buffalo should enter the "vintage" program, and wear their classic unis from time to time (Ala Vancouver, LA, Montreal).

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

I like the uniforms we have now. Blue and Gold is just novelty crap so people have something to associate with their childhood. Move forward. If this is the NEW Sabres they should keep it that way IMO.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

As I stated earlier this was a trap game. I'm glad I was exhausted and slept through it. Every team has a bad game. The real test is going to be how we respond.

Comment

Working...
                              X