• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

In hindsight: Drew Bledsoe

Remember how Drew lit up the world in the beginning of this season for the Cowboys, and the media hailed him as a rebirth of his career, and how the stupid Bills let him go and screwed themselves?

I remember we felt the same way about him in the beginning of 2002, and said the same thing about the stupid Patriots.

Stats don't lie:

Average Passing yards per game

2002 First 8 games as a Bill- 312.5
    2002 After 8 games as a Bill- 232.4

2005 First 8 games as a Cowboy - 252.4
    2005 After 8 games as a Cowboy - 179.3

Average Completion percentage

2002 First 8 games as a Bill- 63.3
    2002 After 8 games as a Bill- 58.5

2005 First 8 games as a Cowboy - 63.9
    2005 After 8 games as a Cowboy - 62.9

Average TDs per game

2002 First 8 games as a Bill- 2
    2002 After 8 games as a Bill- 1

2005 First 8 games as a Cowboy - 1.625
    2005 After 8 games as a Cowboy - 1

Average Interceptions per game

2002 First 8 games as a Bill- 0.625
    2002 After 8 games as a Bill- 1.25

2005 First 8 games as a Cowboy - 0.75
    2005 After 8 games as a Cowboy - 1

Average Quarterback Ratings per game

2002 First 8 games as a Bill- 98.49
    2002 After 8 games as a Bill- 74.84

2005 First 8 games as a Cowboy - 97.04
    2005 After 8 games as a Cowboy - 77.47

Sure sure, we're tanked for the season and the Cowboys are in the mix of playoffs. But we were in the mix in the middle of the 2002 season too, until the Bledsoe fall-off factor kicked in. And the Pats laughed at us then, and we're laughing at the Cowboys now.

Any questions?
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: In hindsight: Drew Bledsoe

Ummm are we at week 16 already?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I stated After 8 games, not Last 8 games.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

It's the average anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Any of us with any sense of reality with Drew Bledsoe predicted this. He loses interest very quick. He gets motivated to play after somebody dumps him and then about halfway through the year the honeymoon wears off.

It will keep going downhill from here. His last 5 games he has 6 TD's and 9 TO's. His first 5 games he had 10 TD's and 3 TO's.

This isn't anything new. His entire career his play has dropped off the 2nd half of the season.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Drew will always be Drew. I always say that. He has shown that he can still get it done however. His deep ball looks great and he has been better in the pocket. But he will throw an INT in almost every game.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
              Drew will always be Drew. I always say that. He has shown that he can still get it done
              If by 'get it done' you mean being overall mediocre and choke in big spots, then I agree with you 100%!

Comment

• BSXIII
                Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
                • Apr 2004

He's still playing well as far as moving the ball and putting points on the board. His numbers have slipped, but the Cowboys haven't been the same team since Flozell Adams went down. They are no longer winning in the trenches offensively, and the running game has been non existant. In his most recent game(Thanksgiving), he drove his team down the field for what should have been the game winning FG against the second best team in the NFL, only to have the kicker shank a 34 yard kick. Not too shabby.
                I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                  If by 'get it done' you mean being overall mediocre and choke in big spots, then I agree with you 100%!
                  LOL True that.

In the Thanksgiving game against Denver, 4th quarter Dallas down by 7(?), I bet my uncle in law 5 bucks that Drew would throw an INT right in that drive, knowing that he'd always force the ball and choke in that situation.

I lost $5. He still choked but they went 4 and out and punted.

Comment

• BSXIII
                    Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    LOL True that.
                    In the Thanksgiving game against Denver, 4th quarter Dallas down by 7(?), I bet my uncle in law 5 bucks that Drew would throw an INT right in that drive, knowing that he'd always force the ball and choke in that situation.
                    I lost $5. He still choked but they went 4 and out and punted.
                    Great observations, although it's too bad that scenerio never actually happened. Dallas lost in OT after a 55 yard run by Ron Dayne led to a 24 yard field goal. They were never down late in the 4th.
                    I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Tie game then. I don't remember but I didn't make that up.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                        Any of us with any sense of reality with Drew Bledsoe predicted this. He loses interest very quick. He gets motivated to play after somebody dumps him and then about halfway through the year the honeymoon wears off.
                        I don't think he loses interest, but he's a one dimensional QB to whom defenses can more easily adjust after a half season or so. He also seems to wear down physically - and perhaps psychologically - as the season progresses, probably due to his taking a lot of hits, and not really being a superior athlete.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Miyagi, get ready to add to those declining stats. Leadfoot's having one heckuva game in NY right now.

He is so predictable you can set your watch to him.

Comment

• Fairway
                            • Jul 2002

The more things change...............................the more they stay the same

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

I can tell someone is wearing
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X