OK, not that it will happen but, what blockbuster trade would YOU make....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

OK, not that it will happen but, what blockbuster trade would YOU make....

If you were the GM of this team.

Heres mine:

I see us ending up around 10-17 as far as our draft pick spot goes. Personally, I dont see anyone thats worth top 10 coin at our biggest need positions.

What do I mean?

Heres our top needs: OG, C, DT, and maybe even OT, if Clements leaves CB.

Now, whos the best of the best that might be there and is worthy of a 10-17 pick?

CB-

Jimmy Williams might be there, he IS a stud prospect who can play either CB or S, BUT he ISNT a real speedster which I consider to be pretty important

Jason Allen- At 10, as of right now, its a reach to grab Allen. I think he would be a much better pick at 17 and a great pick at 20-30

OG-

Max Jean Giles is the best- but he is FAR from worth a 10 or even 17 pick

C-

No one is worthy of a 1st round pick as of right now

DT-

Ngata- may very well be gone by the 10 pick, if hes there is as very worthy of the pick

Wright- really the only other guy worthy of a mid to high 1st at this point, seems to be a bit of a reach at 10.

OT- Coming into the season this was the strongest position in draft. I think it still is. But, As of now, there is really only one guy worth a top 10 pick ir even the 17, thats Ferguson who is likely long gone. Winston, McNeil and several other have seen there stock drop and the best spot to sit if you want a OT is late 1, and round 2.

So, if no one is worth the 10 pick we of course could look to move down into a later pick where there is better value or stay and draft a top player at a non high need.

BUT, if I were the GM, I just might think about a blockbuster trade. Why?

Well, I think many of us feel this team is devoid of enough star power in this squad.

Eric Moulds is our top paid player but many of us feel he isnt worth the amount he is getting anymore. Assuming he doesnt restructure or take a pay cut, he might be a possibility to be cut.

Rather than do that, what about a big trade involving our 10-17 pick to get a youngster who is a proven star at a critical position. Who would be worth it?

Heres my blockbuster trade:

Eric and our 10-17 pick for Chad Johnson and the Bengals 2nd rounder. Would they do it? probably not.

But, Chad Johnson is the BEST WR in the league right now, IMHO. He is a HUGE stud, is very young and instantly adds star power to a very young group that, without Moulds, would be needing leadership.

Chad is not now, and will never be TO. Is he arrogant? Yes! But he proves it on the field and keeps tight to his roots and where he came from. I just watched the piece ESPN did on him. He went from a virtual college washout to a stud for Oregon State. How? it wasnt a grandma who he would never see. It was a coach that forced him to stick with it and become a star. It was a guy who said he would personally kick Chad's a_s, if he quit college. Its the same coach who would do it today and straighten him out in a big hurry if he went ary. TO doesnt have that. Chad isnt TO.

The other part I love about this move is it adds another pick in the 2nd where there is MUCH better value for THIS teams needs.

What do you think of this trade and/or whats your blockbuster trade that you would make?

• Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: OK, not that it will happen but, what blockbuster trade would YOU make....

Hey dude. Want to trade my 82 mercedes and a tank of gas for your 05 ferrari?
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by paulB
      Hey dude. Want to trade my 82 mercedes and a tank of gas for your 05 ferrari?
      I hardly consider Eric and a top 20 1st rounder in 06 a 82 mercedes and tank of gas.

It isnt as far off as YOU seem to think. The 1st rounder alone is worth ALOT more than players like Henry and Dillon afterall.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Chad is worth a top 5 pick easy. Probably a package of 3 or 4 picks... he is untouchable. Your deal would land us someone like Antwan Randel El
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
          I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
          I hardly consider Eric and a top 20 1st rounder in 06 a 82 mercedes and tank of gas.

It isnt as far off as YOU seem to think. The 1st rounder alone is worth ALOT more than players like Henry and Dillon afterall.
          Sorry man, you 're not giving the bengals GM anywhere near equal value to make them ponder trading Chad Johsnon. Basically we get Chad Johnson, they get Eric Moulds and for that essentially they get our 1st and we get their 2nd, their moving up 40 spots (the difference between their 2nd and our 1st) It just doesn't work for the bengals to even contemplate that.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

while your at it trade Justin Bannan and our 5th rounder to the Jags for Marcus Stroud.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• MinnesotaFury
              Local Vikings Worshiper
              • Dec 2005

ok realisticly, you need a defense before you can start worrying about the offensive side of things. Last year, you guys were number 2 in the league i believe and now you are number 30. (not possitive, this is what ive heard). Anyways, i major loss was Pat Williams, he was the big stuffer who could stop the run, you guys need to grab a Defensive tackle. My idea: Trade Eric Moulds for someone like Vince Wilfork or John Henderson. Lets face it, Adams, Bannon or Anderson just arent cutting it anymore...

Comment

• Demon
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                Chad is worth a top 5 pick easy. Probably a package of 3 or 4 picks... he is untouchable. Your deal would land us someone like Antwan Randel El
                LOL

seriously, can we stop these fantasy proposals? This is like the 3rd i've seen this past week or so. Isn't there a fantasy football forum for a reason... ?
                Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

OK, not being realistic, straight up trade, Denver's starting offensive line for Buffalo's starting offensive line. Self explanatory, don't you think.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Eric Moulds for Walter Jones.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      OK, not being realistic, straight up trade, Denver's starting offensive line for Buffalo's starting offensive line. Self explanatory, don't you think.
                      Were getting ripped off!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MinnesotaFury
                        ok realisticly, you need a defense before you can start worrying about the offensive side of things. Last year, you guys were number 2 in the league i believe and now you are number 30. (not possitive, this is what ive heard). Anyways, i major loss was Pat Williams, he was the big stuffer who could stop the run, you guys need to grab a Defensive tackle. My idea: Trade Eric Moulds for someone like Vince Wilfork or John Henderson. Lets face it, Adams, Bannon or Anderson just arent cutting it anymore...
                        This post is right on!!

Comment

• MarvLevy
                          Can I get some power to give REP?
                          • Jul 2005

Eric Moulds in the right system with the right QB is an EASY 1,000yd & 8-10 td receiver...even at this stage of his career! PERIOD!

Put Moulds opposite Chad Johnson in Cincy instead of TJ..Easy 1,000yds.
                          Put Moulds opposite Jerry Porter in Oakland instead of Moss..Easy 1,000yds.
                          Put Moulds in Green Bay..Easy 1,000yds.
                          Put Moulds in Atlanta with MV. Easy 1,000yds.
                          Put Moulds in Indy..Do I need to continue?

Comment

• MarvLevy
                            Can I get some power to give REP?
                            • Jul 2005

Oh my God..Imagine Moulds in New England?????????

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MinnesotaFury

You are right about fixing the defense, especially the D-Line.

However, if someone trades for Moulds, it will likely be for a draft pick (2nd Rounder if we're lucky, but more than likely a 3rd Rounder). No one wants him at the salary he makes.

Vince Wilfork?? He's only in his 2nd or 3rd year and there's no way the Patriots would give him up for Moulds. No way in hell.

John Henderson is a pro-bowler with only 1 year left on his contract after 2005. The Jags have their own old man in Jimmy Smith. I imagine they would look to get younger at the WR position.

Here's a little extra on Henderson:
                              "A former live-in girlfriend of Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle John Henderson told police that he kicked in her front door earlier this month and threw her around the apartment when she refused to have sex. She told police that Henderson kicked in the front door, grabbed her shirt and threw her to the couch. When she denied his request for sex, the 6-foot-7, 328-pound Henderson threw her around the apartment, the report said." (This happened about 2 months ago).

Our D-Tackle problem will hopefully be solved in the Draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X