RB coach Steve Fairchild going to the Rams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

RB coach Steve Fairchild going to the Rams?

Buffalo running backs coach Steve Fairchild is in line to join the Rams' coaching staff, sources in Buffalo and St. Louis have told the Post-Dispatch.

More.....

RB coach going to the Rams?
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I wonder why he declined the Bills' offer to stay in B-lo. Seems like he was in a no-lose situation the way Henry was running. I wonder if he was blamed for Henry's poor ball protection.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

He apparently has old ties with Martz.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I wonder if Thurman is ready to coach yet. I think he expressed an interest at one time. I think he would do well as a coach because he made himself a better player by self discipline and working on those areas where he needed to get better. He didn't start out to be a great receiving RB and blocker. Maybe he can impart that attitude to his players.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I want Steve Tasker as our ST coach

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Ain't gonna happen, AWM. He's stated that time and time again.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Fairchild given title of QBs coach/offensive coordinator

St. Louis Rams coach Mike Martz continued the revamping of his staff in the wake of a disappointing season, hiring Buffalo Bills running backs coach Steve Fairchild as the team's new quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator.

Not surprisingly, Martz will continue to do most of the work designing game plans and calling plays, as he has done in the past. But the addition of Fairchild, 44, should provide him some reprieve from the workload that caused Rams officials plenty of concern the past two seasons.

It also gives Martz a sounding board with whom he is familiar and in whom it appears he has great confidence. In time, Martz acknowledged, he might eventually cede some of his own responsibilities to Fairchild, but that will not be in the coming season.
              ....more
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

That's already on our front page, Phil!

I guess they had to give him the OC title or Buffalo wouldn't let him go. Interesting.....

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Mikey Phil

Actually, wasn't his contract up anyway? Even if it wasn't, the NFL prohibits lateral moves...which is what it would be if he simply moved to become a position coach with another team.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Oh don't you start that!

PhilMikey

Yeah, his contract was up...but apparently he was going to stay wih Buffalo until they gave him the OC title and the extra money that probably goes with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X