PDA

View Full Version : Help me win a superbowl party for 10 PLEASE...

ublinkwescore
01-18-2003, 03:05 PM
A local Newspaper is having a contest in which the winner will get a superbowl party for 10 people - Please help me guys.

Here are the questions that I need answers to.

1. Who is the only player to have been named SuperBowl MVP 3 times? (I know it was either Joe Montana, or Terry Bradshaw)

2. Who was named Superbowl MVP at the first Superbowl?

3. How many Superbowl MVPs have been quarterbacks?

4. Who prformed the National Anthem at Superbowl V?

5. Who is the only talk show hostess to perform the National Anthem at the Super Bowl?

6. What year did Michael Jackson perform the National Anthem?

7. What is the going rate for a 30 second commercial during this year's Superbowl?

8. What is the cost to manufacture the Vince Lombardi Trophy?

9. What team has scored the most points in a game? (if they're talking superbowl, I know it was the 49ers against Denver, if they're talking just the most points ever in a game, I know it was the 85 Chicago bears in the NFC Championship)

10. How long was the longest field goal, and who scored it (Steve Christie in our second superbowl against the cowboys in a superbowl - what's the kickers name for the Broncos - Jason Elam?)

11. Who holds the lifetime record for fumbles? (in a superbowl, I know it's Thurman Thomas, in general - I think it's Warren Moon)

12. What team has played the most consecutive Super Bowls (everyone here should know this - The Bills)

13. What two opponents have faced each other the most times in Superbowl History?

14. Where was the first Superbowl played?

15. What California venue has hosted the Superbowl five times? (Pasadena?)

16. What is the largest margin of Victory in a Super Bowl game?

17. Terry Bradshaw was named Superbowl MVP what two years?
(kinda answered number 1 for me)

18. What two teams share the record for most super bowl games won - Dallas and San Francisco

19. Who is the official beer sponsor of Superbowl XXXVII?

20. What NFL Teams have never played in a Superbowl?
Seattle, Tampa Bay, the new Browns, Texans, Oilers (didn't make it until they changed their name to the Titans), Arizona Cardinals (I think), Detroit Lions (I think), New Orleans Saints, Carolina, Jacksonville and that's all I can think of now.

21. Wha Superbowl was won with the smallest Margin of Victory - XXV 20-19 Giants

22. Where is thi year's superbowl being played - San Diego

23. What company makes the Vince Lombardi Trophy?

24. What Roman Numerals indicate this year's Superbowl?
XXXVII or XXXVIII?

Dozerdog
01-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
A local Newspaper is having a contest in which the winner will get a superbowl party for 10 people - Please help me guys.

Here are the questions that I need answers to.

1. Who is the only player to have been named SuperBowl MVP 3 times? (I know it was either Joe Montana, or Terry Bradshaw)

Bart Starr

5. Who is the only talk show hostess to perform the National Anthem at the Super Bowl?

Dinah Shore

7. What is the going rate for a 30 second commercial during this year's Superbowl?

2 Million

http://www.usatoday.com/money/general/2002/01/31/sb-trophy.htm

Tiffany's- and they cost $20,000

9. What team has scored the most points in a game? (if they're talking superbowl, I know it was the 49ers against Denver, if they're talking just the most points ever in a game, I know it was the 85 Chicago bears in the NFC Championship)

49ers hung 55 on Denver

If they are talking NFL Championship game, Bears 73-0 over the skins in 1941

10. How long was the longest field goal, and who scored it (Steve Christie in our second superbowl against the cowboys in a superbowl - what's the kickers name for the Broncos - Jason Elam?)

11. Who holds the lifetime record for fumbles? (in a superbowl, I know it's Thurman Thomas, in general - I think it's Warren Moon)

David Kreig

12. What team has played the most consecutive Super Bowls (everyone here should know this - The Bills)

13. What two opponents have faced each other the most times in Superbowl History?

Cowboys- Steelers- 3 Times

LA Colusium

Rose Bowl

45 points SF over the Broncos(55-10)

XIV and XIII

18. What two teams share the record for most super bowl games won - Dallas and San Francisco

Seattle, Tampa Bay, the new Browns, Texans, Oilers (didn't make it until they changed their name to the Titans), Arizona Cardinals (I think), Detroit Lions (I think), New Orleans Saints, Carolina, Jacksonville and that's all I can think of now.

I would scratch the oilers (or qualify the answer- it is the same team, just different city- otherwise you will have to add the Dallas Texans, LA Chargers, and anyone else who moves/changed their names) Otherwise, you got it.

21. Wha Superbowl was won with the smallest Margin of Victory - XXV 20-19 Giants

XXXVII or XXXVIII?

XXXVII

Boy you are lazy- Ever hear of google?

Dozerdog
01-18-2003, 03:29 PM
I answered some- just out of fun. But look the rest up yourself

Typ0
01-18-2003, 03:31 PM
He wants us to do it for him so he and his friends can get a free party. The nerve.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2003, 03:56 PM
If you guys needed help with something like this, I would help you guys only because you guys are fellow Bills fans.

If WCF were to come over here asking for help like this, I would hope you guys would give him wrong answers.

That's what I would do.

ublinkwescore
01-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Oh, and I've got great news, Thurman Thomas doesn't hold the lifetime record for the most fumbles in superbowls - Roger Staubach does - he's got five.

See, I'm not so lazy after all - by the way, which of the following were QBs?

Len Dawson,
Chuck Howley,
Jake Scott,
Randy White, Harvey Martin,
Jim Plunkett (I'm pretty sure he was a qb, just not certain)
John Riggins,
Richard Dent,
Doug Williams (he's the guy from the Redskins right)

And Kathy Lee Gifford Sang the National Anthem on 1-29-95 for the Super Bowl.

Michael Jackson never sang the NA at the SB.

4thAndLong
01-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Montana, 82,85, 90

Bart Starr

Tommy Loy (trumpeter)

Not sure

To my knowledge, he never did

Not sure

Not sure

73-10 Bears over someone. I'm pretty sure.

63 yarder, Jason Elam

Not sure

I think its' Pittsburgh and Dallas - 3 times

Memorial Coliseum
Los Angeles, California

LA?

San fran 55- denver 10, (45)

Miller Lite ( i think )

Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville, Detroit, Houston, Tampa, Narleans, Carolina, Seattle, Arizona. All i can think of.

Drawing a blank.

XXXVII

If you do win this, you owe me some MAD zonebucks. :biggrin:

The_Philster
01-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Oh, and I've got great news, Thurman Thomas doesn't hold the lifetime record for the most fumbles in superbowls - Roger Staubach does - he's got five.

See, I'm not so lazy after all - by the way, which of the following were QBs?

Len Dawson,
Chuck Howley,
Jake Scott,
Randy White, Harvey Martin,
Jim Plunkett (I'm pretty sure he was a qb, just not certain)
John Riggins,
Richard Dent,
Doug Williams (he's the guy from the Redskins right)

And Kathy Lee Gifford Sang the National Anthem on 1-29-95 for the Super Bowl.

Michael Jackson never sang the NA at the SB.

Len Dawson was a QB...Kansas City Chiefs back in the 60s...in addition to the two you figured out.

Cntrygal
01-18-2003, 04:58 PM
IF I were to help you out and you won... I would be expecting an all expense paid trip to the SuperBowl. (hint hint 4th!! Go for the game not the zb's!!)

4thAndLong
01-18-2003, 05:09 PM
That all depends if they pay for the plane ticket.

UB lives on the west coast, so going to SD is no problem for him.

Besides, I wouldn't want to hear UB be talking about cars the whole game. :D ;)

:jk:

Cntrygal
01-18-2003, 05:14 PM
LOL... didn't you see my comment about "all expenses" paid? That includes airfare and lodging. :D Everytime he starts to talk about cars... just jump up and yell.... "DID YOU SEE THAT???"
:D

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2003, 05:24 PM
I'll fill in what I know and hasn't been answered for sure.

Kathie Lee Gifford, SuperBowl XXIX in 1995.

He never did, for sure.

I've heard approximately 2.1 million.

Go to www.superbowl.com, under the History section you can find most of this info. Do some work yourself!

northernbillfan
01-18-2003, 05:38 PM
ublink, do you know 10 poeple?

SABURZFAN
01-18-2003, 06:07 PM
:rofl:

BillC
01-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Leave my boy alone!

He's in the "posse". Help a bro out- send him to the big dance. I bet that stuck up redhead will come crawling back! :up:

BillC
01-18-2003, 06:28 PM
*ahem*

I get to go, right? :D

Valerie
01-18-2003, 09:32 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/money/gener...1/sb-trophy.htm

I wonder if they ship the trophy in the Tiffany's signature blue box.:scratch: lol :)

4thAndLong
01-18-2003, 09:33 PM
That should be about every question...

And if you win, you owe all of us who help you ALOT of zonebucks. ;)

Mainly me though....:D

Michael82
01-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Uh, Dozer is wrong about the price of the SB trophy. According to SuperBowl.com....

Cost of Lombardi Trophy: $12,000
Who makes Super Bowl Trophy: Tiffany & Co. of New York.

http://www.superbowl.com/features/general_info#a

Dozerdog
01-19-2003, 10:44 AM

http://images.usatoday.com/money/_photos/2002-01-31-trophy.jpg

The Super Bowl trophy was supposed to be just for team owners. No longer. Owning one — at least a copy — has emerged as a status symbol with such allure that some players and coaches now flaunt them in their own living rooms.

"The Super Bowl ring is something you either wear or don't wear. And the money, well, you quickly spend it," says John Madden, former coach of the 1977 Super Bowl champion Oakland Raiders, now a Fox commentator. "But there's nothing in your life with more meaning than that trophy. Everyone wants to touch it."

Madden got his from Al Davis, the Oakland Raiders renegade owner who defied league officials in 1977 and knocked off replica Super Bowl trophies for all team members. Not the $20,000 sterling silver trophies Tiffany makes for the NFL, mind you, but $500 silver-plated versions that looked remarkably like the real thing.

Since then, a handful of team owners have ordered knockoffs. They're hard to get — even the copies are only available through Super Bowl-winning teams. But some of the copies have been sold at auction for big paydays.

In 1999, the estate of Weeb Ewbank, the head coach who led the New York Jets to a victory over the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III, sold his miniature Super Bowl trophy for $18,700. That same year, former Oakland Raiders running back Carl Garrett sold his replica for $13,560 at auction.

The value of real Super Bowl trophies is unknown. None have been sold. They could probably fetch $100,000 to $300,000, estimates Margaret Olsen, a sports collectible expert in Denver.

Hey- I just posted the link to the story on how they make them.... so sue me...:dink:

Michael82
01-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Well, the NFL claims they are cheaper. :rolleyes:

ublinkwescore
01-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by BillC
Leave my boy alone!

He's in the "posse". Help a bro out- send him to the big dance. I bet that stuck up redhead will come crawling back! :up:

I couldn't care less about braindeadredhead. She's one of those people who were put on earth for people to take advantage of.

It's all about psychopunkchick. She's real defensive of me - if another chick looks at me, she lets her know I'm taken in a not so subtile way.

I don't win a trip to the superbowl you wiseguys - the prize is, you get a couple of Pizzas (from Mountain Mikes - I don't know if you guys have heard of them or not - I think they're only out here in Cali), 6 Mexican dinners from a local mexican restaurant, a vegetable and deli tray from SaveMart, 10 2 Liters of Coke, and 2 Cases of the Beer of your choice.

ublinkwescore
01-19-2003, 01:06 PM
I'll sell the beer, and get me a bottle of some Vodka, or Captain Morgan Spiced Rum - Hard alcohol doesn't make me feel like crap the next day unless I drink beer before I drink hard alcohol.

4thAndLong
01-19-2003, 01:08 PM

I don't win a trip to the superbowl you wiseguys - the prize is, you get a couple of Pizzas (from Mountain Mikes - I don't know if you guys have heard of them or not - I think they're only out here in Cali), 6 Mexican dinners from a local mexican restaurant, a vegetable and deli tray from SaveMart, 10 2 Liters of Coke, and 2 Cases of the Beer of your choice.

In that case, I'll take the pizzas, the coke, the beer, and the SB tickets. :biggrin:

Oh and the ZBs. :D

ublinkwescore
01-19-2003, 01:26 PM
Cars are awesome.

my taste in cars is second to none.

Bentley uses only the finest leather for it's cars interiors (seats, consoles, armrests etc...) - they import their leather from scandinavia because that's the only place on earth that keeps their grazing animals corralled with wooden fences as opposed to barbedwire - Barbwire cuts the skin of grazing animals, thus damaging the hyde/leather and decreasing the quality of the leather.

Bentleys suck - it's all about the Maybach.

4thAndLong
01-19-2003, 01:39 PM
:drool: :z:

ublinkwescore
01-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Works every time!