PDA

View Full Version : Losman fits the bill for Buffalo

Mitchy moo
12-03-2005, 06:52 AM
One of my local papers had this i it this morning:

J.P. Losman understands the question, all right.

It's just that the 24-year-old — who once flung dirt with Brett Favre at the three-time MVP's farm in Mississippi, who grew up not far from where John Elway became a local and collegiate legend in Venice, Calif. — isn't about to give the simple answer you'd expect.
"I picture myself being...you know, J.P. Losman," the Buffalo starter said when asked which quarterback, at the peak of his own skills, he'd most like to resemble. "The quarterback who's very smart, who can beat teams with his arm, can go downfield, and if they have everything covered? He has the ability to take off and run and make a play. (Someone) who shows arm strength, shows athletic ability."
On second thought, the answer — even the third-person references, for that matter — aren't completely unexpected from the brash former Tulane star, for whom the Bills traded into the first round of the 2004 draft and quickly anointed Heir to the K-Gun. Prior to 2005, five quarterbacks had started for the Bills since Jim Kelly retired in 1997. Only Doug Flutie left with a winning record, and Drew Bledsoe, the only other name that hasn't become a punchline or a footnote — those would be Todd Collins, Rob Johnson and Alex Van Pelt — was cut last spring to make room for Losman, despite 11 years and 40,000 passing yards difference.

http://naplesnews.com/npdn/sports/article/0,2071,NPDN_15000_4286248,00.html