PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to happen the rest of the year?

Mr. Cynical
12-03-2005, 12:27 PM
I am a Bills fan and always want to win. That's a given so let's take that off the table FOR THE MOMENT.

I am torn at this point whether or not I want an 8-8 season (9-7 is just fantasy). It won't get us to the playoffs and it just may save TD/MM's collective ass if we start winning and go 4-1 down the stretch.

But is that GOOD for the team?

IMO, no. I know I will get negged for this but I don't care. Whatever it takes to get rid of the front office and coaches I will support. And I think that means losing out the rest of the way. Then we can TRULY start to get out from being a bottom feeder in the likes of the Cards and the Lions for the last 5-6 years.

If TD is still here next year, it is ANOTHER YEAR WASTED IMO.

Ebenezer
12-03-2005, 12:42 PM
win them all and maybe get a playoff spot

-or-

lose them all and get the best draft choice

nothing in between

hydro
12-03-2005, 12:47 PM

-or-

nothing in between

Thats exactly my thoughts too. Whats the sense in being 7-9 or 6-10... you don't make the playoffs and you get a middle of the pack draft pick. Not worth it.

Mr. Cynical
12-03-2005, 12:47 PM

-or-

nothing in between

Well thats sort of what I meant, but the reality is we're not going 5-0. Even 4-1 is a loooong shot. I guess my thought is do you (not you in particular) want to finish strong and save TD/MMs asses or completely tank and hopefully wake up Ralph to fire them.

I agree - anything in between is useless since it means no playoffs and no change at GM. The draft pick IMO is the cherry on top if we lose out. The big benefit is TD might actually get canned.

OpIv37
12-03-2005, 01:08 PM
this season's over- I want to see whatever it will take to get TD and MM fired.

Novacane
12-03-2005, 04:41 PM
I want to win them all but more importantly I want to see JP Losman show he is progressing toward becoming a good NFL QB. If he does keep getting better TD and MM are getting another year win or lose IMO

ScottLawrence
12-03-2005, 05:17 PM
There both(MM, TD) getting another year regardless, IMO.

I want us to win every game.

I never want my team to lose, no matter how bad there playing.

OpIv37
12-03-2005, 05:29 PM
There both(MM, TD) getting another year regardless, IMO.

I want us to win every game.

I never want my team to lose, no matter how bad there playing.

you know, I want to see them win, but I don't get as disappointed when they lose cuz I know it's just another nail in TD's coffin.

On the other hand, each win just extends TD's time in Buffalo and in the long run, all it's going to buy is more mediocrity before we start rebuilding.

Mr. Cynical
12-03-2005, 06:32 PM
you know, I want to see them win, but I don't get as disappointed when they lose cuz I know it's just another nail in TD's coffin.

On the other hand, each win just extends TD's time in Buffalo and in the long run, all it's going to buy is more mediocrity before we start rebuilding.

Bingo.

I don't want to just "win a few games". I want to win the SB. And for that to happen, this team needs MAJOR changes. And for MAJOR changes to happen, TD has to be fired. No other way it is going to happen.

So, while I never really want the Bills to lose, I'm thinking of the future when I say I want them to tank the rest of the year. Only then will there be a chance TD gets canned and only then will there be a chance for the Bills to get better.