• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

from todays games, prospect notes

rodrique wright- not impressed. if we are gonna spend a 10-17 1st, i want to see much more.

vince young- looks alot like a tall version of michael bishop rather than vick. goofy throwing mechanics and lobs the ball out there.

johnathan scott- not impressed. looks a hell of alot like mike williams without the size. not that strong looking lower build.

mike huff- a great db, could replace milloy, no problem. makes plays all over the field.

jimmy williams- a flat out stud. size, speed, cover skills, plays s as well as cb.

now some good looking others you may not know

pat watkins- fl st FS, fast player thats 6' 4. could be a great grab in the 3rd or beyond. picked of vick, great ST player too. good against the run as well. i like him alot.

will montgomery- va tech, c/g fast on his feet, workout warrior, nasty attitude, looks good for a mid rounder.

• AndreReed83
    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
    • Mar 2004

Re: from todays games, prospect notes

Wright's been impressive more times then not in the 8-9 Texas games I've seen this year.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by AndreReed83
      Wright's been impressive more times then not in the 8-9 Texas games I've seen this year.
      ive watched him in 3 games and have yet to see 10-17 1st round talent.

it sounds as if your stuck on a position in the 1st round, thats a good way to get burned.

id go dt in fa rather than the 1st round. unless ngata is there and then its tempting

Comment

• AndreReed83
        Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
        • Mar 2004

Where did I mention draft position? I just said I've seem him 8-9 times and he's been impressive more times then not.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
        "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• capitolneal
          • Sep 2003

Young is a stud one more you with the horns will season him he has all the tools to be #1 overall

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

jimmy williams is over rated.. he got smoked on the TD that put the game out of reach for tech.. and montgomery got bulled over by a 250 lb defensive lineman that led to one of the 7 sacks of vick tonight..

no thanks on either.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
              jimmy williams is over rated.. he got smoked on the TD that put the game out of reach for tech.. and montgomery got bulled over by a 250 lb defensive lineman that led to one of the 7 sacks of vick tonight..

no thanks on either.
              Williams is overrated as a CB, but not as a safety. He was thrown into CB this year because of injuries and has actually done a good job. He doesn't quite have CB speed, but he has all the skills to be a nasty safety.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                no thanks on either.
                you can have that opinion of jimmy if you like, but i havent found a single draft site agrees with you. i have watched him in at least 3 games including this one and see one hell of a db.

great size, s toughness, 4.45 speed reportedly. he has it all. and every single draft site ive seen has him as the number 1 cb/db on the board.

montgomery is listed as a mid to late rounder for a reason. i like him a hell of alot better than mc-clowney or geisenger at this point.

but again, you can have your opinion.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by capitolneal
                  Young is a stud one more you with the horns will season him he has all the tools to be #1 overall
                  youngs goofy mechanics and seemingly weaker arm make him a non-number 1 overall at this point.

he looks like another college talent who maybe best suited at another spot.

hines ward
                  randle el
                  scott frost
                  mike bishop
                  woody dantzler

hes in there somewhere

marcus vick makes him look pop warner as far as throwing skill goes.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i just dont think that jimmy williams is as good as jimmy williams thinks he is.. he is one of those obnoxious bastards that does a dance after tackling a RB that just dragged him 8 yards down field.

he will go higher than any possible value we should have on him.. you dont take guys that should be safetys but didnt play there last year... i can think of at least a few safetys that i would take over him.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                    X