PDA

View Full Version : Eli vs. JP / God vs. Garbage?

DBrown77
12-04-2005, 10:26 AM
This isn't a thread comparing their talents as of today, just an aggrevating thing i realized while talking to one of my friends last night who is a Giants fan

Ever Notice last year Eli only won 1 game as a starter but the media was all over him still like he was the messiah. I dont recall the exact game but Eli went for 12-30, 150 something yards, 1TD, INT and they were praising him on how well is doing and progressing and he is getting the hang of the NFL. It was a discusting Eli love fest. This happened more than once when they were praising for garbage numbers. My friend that is the Giants fan was laughing about that.

Now with JP. His numbers arent stellar, not even close. He is progressing nicely although a gargage O-Line and the media slams him day in and day out. Yeah he hasnt proven himself as a worthy starter yet, but neither did Eli.

I live in Charlotte and on Sports talk radio they were talking about how the panthers barely beat the Bills. And one of the guys said "They almost lost the game and JP LOSEMAN WAS PLAYING" (emphasis on the caps obviously)

It just makes me sick that JP gets slammed by the media constantly when they were ready to crown Eli Manning when he was struggling as well. Maybe its not like that in the Buffalo market, but on the nationally televised stuff i see down here it is :rage:

gr8slayer
12-04-2005, 10:28 AM
You know why Eli got so much praise? Because he is playing in a city that is a media power house. In the grand scheme of things nobody gives a rats ass about Buffalo NY.

If JP were playing for just about any other team they would be all over him.

NJFINSFAN1
12-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Well, I'm not a fan of both teams. But they are both second year players. And Eli has shown more so far. He is really good in 4th quarters, which is what you look for in a QB.

Not saying JP won't be good, but if I had to pick one right now, it would be Eli.

DBrown77
12-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Well, I'm not a fan of both teams. But they are both second year players. And Eli has shown more so far. He is really good in 4th quarters, which is what you look for in a QB.

Not saying JP won't be good, but if I had to pick one right now, it would be Eli.

Eli is definitely better right now, I am not saying that JP is.

What I was talking about is how they treated Eli last year compared to how they are treating JP this year

gr8slayer
12-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Eli is definitely better right now, I am not saying that JP is.

What I was talking about is how they treated Eli last year compared to how they are treating JP this year
If you ask me TD and MM just kinda set JP up for failure when they got rid of Bledsoe.

BillsFanInMass
12-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Eli threw 4 ints a couple weeks ago he isn't any messiah yet and he also has alot more games under his belt than J.P.

DynaPaul
12-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Weren't Dave Brown and Kent Graham messiahs too?

Jan Reimers
12-04-2005, 11:23 AM

Do you realize that Eli got to start 9 games last year (in which he mostly stunk), while JP had about 9 total plays on the field? And that Eli has started all 11 games this year, while JP had to sit 3+ games because Mularkey is an idiot?

Of course Eli is ahead of JP. He has had the opportunity to start at least a dozen more games - and he has both a coach who made a commitment to him and a better O line.

JayWood
12-04-2005, 11:41 AM
regardless of where eli plays, witha last name like Manning the media is always gonna be talking about him. I would take Eli right now also, however the future looks bright for JP. If the OL dosent get the poor killed, I look forward to seeing him wear a Bills uniform for many years to come

Devin
12-04-2005, 11:41 AM
JP is going to be a force next season.

bills&sabresmvf
12-04-2005, 11:42 AM
I really never hear the bashing, I mean I hear some saying that Kelly gives them the best chance, but that's not bashing JP. But as soon as I read this post, I turn on CBS and they "bashed" JP. Saying he lost the game against Carolina, when in my opinion he played really well that game. They all said what are the Bills doing, they're giving up and showing the team they are giving up by putting JP in. Wow, I guess no one paid attention that JP is the future of this team?! He needs to play! I see JP doing a lot in this league. Lets see how things pan out today. GO BILLS!

DynaPaul
12-04-2005, 11:44 AM
I really never hear the bashing, I mean I hear some saying that Kelly gives them the best chance, but that's not bashing JP. But as soon as I read this post, I turn on CBS and they "bashed" JP. Saying he lost the game against Carolina, when in my opinion he played really well that game. They all said what are the Bills doing, they're giving up and showing the team they are giving up by putting JP in. Wow, I guess no one paid attention that JP is the future of this team?! He needs to play! I see JP doing a lot in this league. Lets see how things pan out today. GO BILLS!

Yeah I just saw that and I don't agree with Sharpe and Esiason's take on it. They think we shoulda put Holcomb in and said we are giving up on the season. I doubt Holcomb would have won the Carolina game either.

Iehoshua
12-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Do you realize that Eli got to start 9 games last year (in which he mostly stunk), while JP had about 9 total plays on the field? And that Eli has started all 11 games this year, while JP had to sit 3+ games because Mularkey is an idiot?

Of course Eli is ahead of JP. He has had the opportunity to start at least a dozen more games - and he has both a coach who made a commitment to him and a better O line.
Amen. :bf1:

End of discussion.

bledslow
12-04-2005, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=Jan Reimers]Do you realize that Eli got to start 9 games last year (in which he mostly stunk), while JP had about 9 total plays on the field? And that Eli has started all 11 games this year, while JP had to sit 3+ games because Mularkey is an idiot?

you are correct in saying mularkey is a idiot. he is a idiot for STARTING jp. jp has zero qb skill.

BillsFever21
12-04-2005, 12:40 PM
He sure looks like god today and not garbage.

TigerJ
12-04-2005, 01:57 PM
I think Losman is a little ahead of where Manning was a year ago. Manning a year ago was riding the wave created by his father, and especially his older brother. There's no question their popularity, affected the way media treated him. Losman's got to create his own image. He can't ride anyone lese's coattails. He'll be fine. Someday his kid will be the Eli Manning of a future generation.