PDA

View Full Version : Nate Clements

OpIv37
12-04-2005, 01:34 PM
is getting OWNED by Chris Chambers. He's playing off to prevent the big play and Chambers is killing him on the short stuff.

He also dropped a sure TD.

Don't pay this guy.

Novacane
12-04-2005, 01:40 PM
He's nowhere near worth what some dumb team is going to pay him

don137
12-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Clements has looked awful the passed 4 weeks. I think he decided to believe all the hype and stopped trying. No way at this rate is he playing like a DB that should be paid like a top 5 DB let alone in the top 10!! Chambers could of had a lot more if he didn;t drop so many passes.

PhiNomina
12-04-2005, 08:19 PM
He may have had a bad game but I think its a little early to say you can let him go and not miss him in that secondary.

I would LOVE to see him in aqua and orange next year so if you really think he stinks you can send him south.

OpIv37
12-04-2005, 08:33 PM
He may have had a bad game but I think its a little early to say you can let him go and not miss him in that secondary.

I would LOVE to see him in aqua and orange next year so if you really think he stinks you can send him south.

he's had about 4-5 bad games in a row, and he's gonna command top 5 money. His problem is that he gambles- usually for INTs, but today he was gambling on Chambers going long and got burned by all the short stuff.

You want to pay him top 5 CB money and **** up your cap? Fine- take him.

PhiNomina
12-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Apparently you haven't seen Reggie Howard play yet this year. Our CB's are a joke.

OpIv37
12-04-2005, 09:31 PM
oh there's definitely worse out there. I'm just saying that CB is the highest paid position in the NFL, and while Clements is better than most, he's not worth top 5 money and he proved why today. IMO he's just not consistent enough to justify using up that much cap space.

Devin
12-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Clements has played lousy all season, he will still get paid. Which is sad.

If the Fins want him, they can freakin have him. (for a 1st rounder of course) :snicker:

Kerr
12-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Ty Law anyone? I'd rather and he could help our young corners develop into better corners. Financially I don't know if it could get done, but here's hoping.

X-Era
12-04-2005, 09:40 PM
oh there's definitely worse out there. I'm just saying that CB is the highest paid position in the NFL, and while Clements is better than most, he's not worth top 5 money and he proved why today. IMO he's just not consistent enough to justify using up that much cap space.

Love ya Op, but if we let him go because we, "think highly of Eric King" Im gonna puke and not stop till I die.

Clements is a very good young player. This team has let WAY too many of those very good young guys go, its time to stop the blood letting.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-04-2005, 11:14 PM
even if we taged him we couldn,t get a 1st rounder the way hes been playing

Phincinatti Phinz
12-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Clements has played lousy all season, he will still get paid. Which is sad.

If the Fins want him, they can freakin have him. (for a 1st rounder of course) :snicker:

Do we look like the Falcons to you? :coocoo:

Brad528
12-05-2005, 07:26 AM
It is just one game. As a dolphin fan there is not one player on your team that has hurt the Dolphins as much as Clements. He usually plays well on Chambers and always has at least one INT.

HHURRICANE
12-05-2005, 07:36 AM

That's an excellent point!!! His bad play is screwing us.

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 07:39 AM

(FROM ANOTHER POST...)

I disagree. Although Nate isn't playing as well as he should, I think at the same time we are asking him to do too much. He's focusing too much on run support, and that's because he needs to with our pathetic run defense.

I can think of several teams off the top of my head that would possibly give up 1st rounders for Nate:

Atlanta (Imagine Clements and DeAngelo Hall)
San Diego (IMO, strongest possibility. Would be a great fit there)
NY Giants
Cincinnati (Another strong possibility)
Pittsburgh

If you dont believe me, then put it this way. If any of these teams had the chance to grab Jimmy Williams or another sure-fire stud at CB in the 1st Round of the draft, would they pass it up? NOPE! So why wouldn't they give up a 1st rounder for Nate?

The only way they wouldnt sign Nate is if they didn't have enough money. But a team under the salary cap that really needs a CB would easily throw a 1st rounder for Nate.

Nate has been playing well for years, he's still very young, but hasen't been all that productive this year. Instead of jumping to "Nate sucks," think about the reason why. Does it really make sense that Nate would just regress so badly after a pro-bowl season? Obviously, there are other factors involved.

If I was the Bills, I would try to get more than a 1st rounder. Since the maximum is 2 1st Rounders, I would try to get a 1st Rounder and a 3rd Rounder for him. I imagine one of those teams would bite.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->