• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Why Mularkey Should be FIRED, part II

These are some examples from today's game:

1. Running that trick play with Parrish when we're up by 21 points (it led a 3 and out).
    2. Giving up on the run too early when we're still winning and the running game is working
    3. Having JP pass on 1st and goal from the 4 rather than running it with Willis
    4. That ****ing worthless delay draw to Shaud Williams on 3rd and 10. Buffalo runs that play EVERY ****ING TIME it's 3rd and we're not going to get a first. I'm sure they had it scouted.
    5. Going into prevent D at the beginning of the 3rd quarter when a backup QB is in.
    6. Having DB's play 10 yards off the LOS when the JDolphins were inside the 20.
    7. Inexcusable penalties (yes, the players commit them, but when they routinely get 15 yard penalties at crucial junctures in the game, it's a coaching problem).
    8. Accepting that penalty at the end of the game- MAKE IT FOURTH DOWN DAMMIT!

now, I know someone will say he had a bad game, but he's been making these SAME DAMN MISTAKES all season. Yes, there are talent and execution problems, but Mularkey continues to coach like this is some damn D3 school. He never has his players ready for a big game, especially on the road, and they don't have the pride or the will to hold onto leads. This was a huge game against a division rival with our last shot at the playoffs, and the team was not motivated. He is not an NFL caliber head coach

Which brings me to point #2: Tom Donahoe selected Mularkey and should be held accountable for this BS. He should be fired as well.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Why Mularkey Should be FIRED, part II

I concur. TD and Mularkey need to be put in a cannon together and fired out of town.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
      These are some examples from today's game:

1. Running that trick play with Parrish when we're up by 21 points (it led a 3 and out).
      2. Giving up on the run too early when we're still winning and the running game is working
      3. Having JP pass on 1st and goal from the 4 rather than running it with Willis
      4. That ****ing worthless delay draw to Shaud Williams on 3rd and 10. Buffalo runs that play EVERY ****ING TIME it's 3rd and we're not going to get a first. I'm sure they had it scouted.
      5. Going into prevent D at the beginning of the 3rd quarter when a backup QB is in.
      6. Having DB's play 10 yards off the LOS when the JDolphins were inside the 20.
      7. Inexcusable penalties (yes, the players commit them, but when they routinely get 15 yard penalties at crucial junctures in the game, it's a coaching problem).
      8. Accepting that penalty at the end of the game- MAKE IT FOURTH DOWN DAMMIT!

now, I know someone will say he had a bad game, but he's been making these SAME DAMN MISTAKES all season. Yes, there are talent and execution problems, but Mularkey continues to coach like this is some damn D3 school. He never has his players ready for a big game, especially on the road, and they don't have the pride or the will to hold onto leads. This was a huge game against a division rival with our last shot at the playoffs, and the team was not motivated. He is not an NFL caliber head coach

Which brings me to point #2: Tom Donahoe selected Mularkey and should be held accountable for this BS. He should be fired as well.
      I completely agree with this assessment today of Mularkey.

But, I like the attitude he shows during the rest of his games. I just feel like Im not willing to can him yet. I feel TD gave him a rock and asked him to squeeze water from it.

I think put him on a short leash, make Modrak our GM, have a great offseason and see what happens. The guy was something like 3 and 0 against the fins going into this game.

He took over the O playcalling, has showed good game management at times. He isnt a SB coach at this poitn but who can we really get that is? Seriously? Jimmy Johnson? Id hate the guy but would love that move at this point.

Im so angry Im delerious. Ive been so damn thirsty for the playoffs for so long that when the mirage goes away Ill drink the sand at this point.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
        I completely agree with this assessment today of Mularkey.

But, I like the attitude he shows during the rest of his games. I just feel like Im not willing to can him yet. I feel TD gave him a rock and asked him to squeeze water from it.
        I would agree with you but...when you lose after building a 21-point lead, it takes total ineptitude to lose a game like we did...I've always been a fan of Mularkey and was perfectly happy seeing him get another year...but I just don't have faith in the guy anymore.
        Originally posted by jp-era
        Seriously? Jimmy Johnson? Id hate the guy but would love that move at this point.
        sick thought...not just because the guy is scum but because he couldn't do anything in Miami...why would he be able to here? Forget what he did in Dallas, that was a team effort with Jerry Jones and no salary cap to deal with. And how would he enjoy his boat, besides? He made a big deal out of being in Florida before.
        Last edited by The_Philster; 12-04-2005, 07:59 PM.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

I did like Mularkey's performance in Waterworld.

Hey he can't be any worse than Wanny--we're still trying Febreeze the Wanny stink.

Comment

• DaBills
            • Sep 2004

"... have a great offseason and see what happens."

That's the problem. We always look good in the off-season with all the 'moves' we make and the 'potential'. I'm tired of it and want to see great results during the season.

At this point though, as much as I want to see MM get the hook. It won't happen. I think Ralph and the rest of cylons have convinced themselves the problem will never be coaching or TD. They need to do have the courage to do what Millen did in Detroit.

phil, I like JJ as a potential candidate, (or insert other old-school hard-ass). He'll just have to do more ice-fishing. Seriously, I think this team has quit on MM and a coughlin-like presence may be needed to get back control.
            “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

I'd take Brian Billick before I take Jimmy Johson. Although his team has done awful this year, Brian Billick doesn't play.

Comment

• dplus47
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                sick thought...not just because the guy is scum but because he couldn't do anything in Miami...why would he be able to here? Forget what he did in Dallas, that was a team effort with Jerry Jones and no salary cap to deal with. And how would he enjoy his boat, besides? He made a big deal out of being in Florida before.
                jimmy johnson is a guy who thinks he can run a vanilla scheme and beat you with superior talent. it obviously never came close to happening in miami, and it wouldn't happen in buffalo, either. not because there's anything inherently wrong with the bills, but because you don't have a herschel walker deal in your future. i'm not sure anything like that will ever happen again.

Comment

• dplus47
                  • Sep 2005

nobody died and made me an authority on everything, but as a non-bills fan, i think the following should happen in the immediate future:

they should fire TD. give mularkey another year. the new GM can start to bring in some players this offseason, and in the inevitable tension that happens between new GM's and coaches they didn't hire will either cause the team to rally around mularkey or it won't. if it doesn't, fire mularkey next season. there are going to be too many open jobs this year, and that will leave a shortage of fully-qualified candidates.

Comment

• PhinsFan66
                    Phins Rule
                    • Nov 2004

You guys need Marv Levy!!!!!

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                      • Mar 2004

I'm on board after today he made me sick with the play calling

Comment

• bills&sabresmvf
                        • May 2005

yeah we do...I gaurentee Mularkey will give the guys some Cheeseburgers to get them fired up, cause that'll work. Are the players 5 years old? "if you behave I will get you a happy meal?" I'm just ranting because I'm mad. GO SABRES!!! At least this team knows how to win, I bet Ruff could take over the Bills and have them win

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                          • Mar 2004

Comment

• Throne Logic
                            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                            • Aug 2002

I target Half Time adjustments as a key to the consistent failures. Or, at least, the complete lack thereof.

This team finds new and impressive ways to screw things up in the second half.
                            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                              • Jul 2002

we brought in parish to play qb, not for a trick play. but to throw a screen pass. am i right, was i dilusional? did that really happen?
                              Its all about the quest.

Comment

Working...
                              X