I'm Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

I'm Done

The Bills' franchise is now one of the most pitiable in all of professional sports. I'm convinced that we will never be anything but mediocre under Wilson's ownership.

After almost 46 years, I've had enough. There is no joy in watching this team, and very little hope for the future.

Perhaps the Bills will provide you younger fans with some happiness, someday, but this longtime, loyal fan has had enough.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • STAMPY
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

Re: I'm Done

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
    The Bills' franchise is now one of the most pitiable in all of professional sports. I'm convinced that we will never be anything but mediocre under Wilson's ownership.
    After almost 46 years, I've had enough. There is no joy in watching this team, and very little hope for the future.
    Perhaps the Bills will provide you younger fans with some happiness, someday, but this longtime, loyal fan has had enough.
    We don't need sellout fans like yourself!

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I love how some "fans" call those of us who have finally wised up "sellouts".

How long before it is acceptable to admit that this team is going nowhere and you begin to realize that it isnt ever going to get any better?

Gimme a date.. because at some point, it has to be ok.

I gave up 3 weeks ago. Glad that people are finally joining me!

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by STAMPY
        We don't need sellout fans like yourself!

I'm sure there are many more people who feel the same as he does. I can't get on him for that. It is becoming a joke to watch this franchise become the new Bengals or Cardinals of the league.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

You guys quit non the Bills like smokers try to quit cigarettes.

Either do it and get it over with, or stop bringing the rest of us down with all the melodrama.

I could care less if you're on the bandwagon or not- ya got to do wat ya got to do. Everyone has their breaking point. But can you spare the rest of us the weekly visits out on the ledge?

**** or get off the pot

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

I'm not going to give up on them, but I am absolutely fed up with the losing year after year. It gets to a point where you throw your hands in the air and just say the hell with it.

I know many older people who are no longer Bills fans for the same reasons as JR just stated. You can only take so many decades of losing before you don't care anymore.

I won't give up yet... but jesus, if I reach 50 and this team still hasn't won anything, it'd be pretty hard for me to have any interest whatsoever.

For now, I'll just continue to be miserable and support a lost cause in hopes that in maybe 5 or 10 years it will pay off.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

You'll be back next season.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

well, for the people who have given up..just remember the Bucs were the league's biggest joke for 20 years..they eventually turned it around and won it all. Although personally, I'm sickened by the thought of it taking that long to get back to respectability
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Either do it and get it over with, or stop bringing the rest of us down with all the melodrama.

I could care less if you're on the bandwagon or not- ya got to do wat ya got to do. Everyone has their breaking point. But can you spare the rest of us the weekly visits out on the ledge?

**** or get off the pot

So only those fans who blindly follow the team are allowed here any more?

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

you don't have to blindly follow the team to not give up on them
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Just hang on man, PLEASE

As god is my witness, this team has the corp that it needs to win a SB.

We finally have the QB we have needed since Kelly. He just looks too damn good and has the EXACT attitude we need to give up now.

Give Ralph a chance. He hates the Fins as much as we do and this game will seriously tick him off, maybe enought o make changes.

Just hang on. If you were a Giants fan last year, you may have felt the same.

Hang in there, it will amaze you how different this team will look next year if we have the right type of offseason.

Wait and see, its too early to throw in the towel. If TD stays and again does jack sh_t in FA, yes thats it, Im done until TD leaves. But JP just looks too good, as does Evans, McGahee.

We havent had this type of a trifecta since the SB years. We may squander it but I seriously doubt Ralph is THAT senile.

Comment

• STAMPY
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog

**** or get off the pot
                        exactly.

and Pride if you quit on your team 3 weeks ago. Not just this season but you quit on them Period... Why do you mod for a bills messageboard

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

For those who are pissed at Butler being fired, remember that when Wilson asked him if he wanted to extend his contract, Butler wouldn't give him an answer and basically was looking to leave. At the time, Ton Donahoe was considered a great candidate by EVERYONE after what he did with the Steelers. It seems more and more apparrent that Donahoe might not have done as great a job as the coach did. You just CAN'T blame the freaking owner who has paid out huge contracts and huge signing bonuses to players that supposedly smarter "football men" told him were the players needed to get him that trophy.

I'm not happy with the Bills either right now. I would have told MM and Jerry Gray that as soon as they get off the plane they can go to One Bills Drive and pack their **** for they would no longer be employed. How you F up a game like that is beyond me.

I hope to God I NEVER utter the words "I don't want to watch the Bills anymore."

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                            So only those fans who blindly follow the team are allowed here any more?
                            That's quite a leap from point A to Point B there, AWM. That would be like saying that anyone (even republicans) who don't like the war or don't like George Bush are automatically liberals.

Re read my post.

Every week we lose the same people post 600 times theat they have quit being fans. Well- is it all talk?

Criticize the team all you want. If you are going to quit- then do it.

That is all.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

I can't stop watching the Bills. I try, I can't. I don't know why, it's in my blood I guess. I feel like an abused wife. The Bills keep beating me, and crushing my heart, yet I still keep coming back. I don't want another team.

Comment

Working...
                              X