PDA

View Full Version : Willis Im so tired of the hype

STAMPY
12-04-2005, 08:38 PM
All i heard about, was him being a gamebreaker. He hasnt broke one over 40 yards still!

He runs his mouth every week bout being the best and can't even get 100 yards. Im so tired of this guy and his hype. Put up or shut up.

And one more thing. GREAT RUNNING BACKS can still get 100 yard games with bad olines. I think its been 4 straight weeks with nothing. Im very dissappointed in Willis.

All Talk, No Walk. Prove me wrong Willis Damnit. No excuses Willis. I don't care bout the line and playcalling. You get your carries, Do something. Barry Sanders had a ****ty line as did many others.

Bill Brasky
12-04-2005, 08:43 PM
I am gaining supporters by the minute!

It's about time you guys woke up and smelled the big pile of **** that is Willis lately.

I think this guy has all the potential, but something is seriously wrong with him.

Stop the excuses people. Holes or not, great RB's make things happen. He hasn't busted a run over 40 yards since he's been on this team. 2 years w/o one big run is inexcusable IMO.

He wants the ball 20-30 times a game. That's great. But do something when you get your chance. 3.2 ypc isn't going to help a young QB's confidence or development.

I don't think it's entirely the line's fault... it wasn't that much better last year as oppossed to now, yet his productivity has decreased a great deal.

TacklingDummy
12-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Willis will be fine once the Bills get some respect for their passing game.

When Holcomb played Willis ran for 415 yards, 103.5 YPG, and 3TDs in 4 games.

With Losman, Willis has 614 yards, 76YPG and 1 TD in 8 games.

And people wondered why Willis rather have that bum Holcomb starting then the other bum JP.

Turf
12-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Where is Willis when there's tough yards to be made, like in the 2nd half when we're leading and need a first down?
And I agree, he has never broke a big run. He's not as fast as advertised. He runs north and south, has no lateral movement. In fact I think he's gotten too big physically.

Kerr
12-04-2005, 09:50 PM
He's defenitely not the same Willis from the U. That Willis is stuck in time, while the present Willis is just a shell of his former self. I would trade him if we had a shot at Reggie Bush. :crap:

Kerr
12-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Btw Stamps, imo, thurm looks more like snitsky.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-04-2005, 11:02 PM
he hasn't been playing good at all im sick of this selfproclaimed bs him and nate both have gotta show me somthing or i think we get rid of both of them.

FinNasty23
12-05-2005, 01:23 AM
While, unlike some of you, I still think Willis is a talented back... I did think that you guys kinda prematurely hyped him up... He doesnt have the explosion he had at the U. Maybe if he lost a lil weight?

Nasty

ChambersWI
12-05-2005, 08:30 AM
While, unlike some of you, I still think Willis is a talented back... I did think that you guys kinda prematurely hyped him up... He doesnt have the explosion he had at the U. Maybe if he lost a lil weight?

Nasty

he's definatly a talented back, but he hasn't done anything since saying he was the best back in the NFL.

THATHURMANATOR
12-05-2005, 08:33 AM
He is a good running back but has taken a small step back this season. Yes our line stinks but great backs are great regardless.

Phincinatti Phinz
12-05-2005, 10:00 AM
"I'm over 1,000 yards. That's my highlight of the day. It's out of my hands. If I called the plays, I'd have 60 carries."

I can't believe a back would say that.

BillsFever21
12-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Willis will be fine once the Bills get some respect for their passing game.

When Holcomb played Willis ran for 415 yards, 103.5 YPG, and 3TDs in 4 games.

With Losman, Willis has 614 yards, 76YPG and 1 TD in 8 games.

And people wondered why Willis rather have that bum Holcomb starting then the other bum JP.

So three TD passes and two of 45+ yesterday didn't open up the running game for McGahee but Holcomb's 5 yards curl routes did? Or 7 TD passes the last 3.5 games since Losman made his return?

Willis had 2 out of 4 good games when KH was in there. He only averaged 2.8 and 3.1 ypc against Miami and the Raiders and averaged 4.9 and 4.4 against the Pats and Jets, and did nothing while Holcomb was in the game against KC. And it was only 2 TD's in 4.5 games he had with Holcomb. That was during a 4 game stretch where he had a TD in 4 games straight and nothing since.

He had games with a ypc of 5.2, 5.3, and 5.2 with Losman and they played together for 7.5 games.

McGahee and Losman has also went up against run defenses like Tampa, Carolina and San Diego together. Willis and KH had Oakland, Jets and NE? Gimmie a break. He still didn't do crap.

Do you know that you're talking out of your ass before you say stuff or are you that stupid that you actually believe it? You have the reputation of the message board idiot around here.

Willis Wheaton
12-05-2005, 01:54 PM
He is still not as big a mouth, selfish bastidge or overhype as Clinton Portis.

Edge is the best UM back for my money.
Willis is the second best.

He is still the second best back in the AFC East. That aint bad. :scooter:

bledslow
12-06-2005, 01:21 PM
the best back in the afce is dillon when he is HEALTHY. he has been injured all year and playing hurt.

anyways,willis is a bum and has been since his injury in college. he still cannot average 4 ypc. and cant make anybody miss. he is a glorified antoine(sp) smith.

FinNasty23
12-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Willis, "I'm over 1,000 yards. That's my highlight of the day. It's out of my hands. If I called the plays, I'd have 60 carries."

I can't believe a back would say that.

ya... I read that quote Sunday. They lose the game and that is what he is concerned about... http://images.finheaven.com/forums/smilies5/blue.gif

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Willis did what he had to do last Sunday. You can blast him for any other but but that one. Willis wasn't the one who built an OL with rejects. TD did.

Doesn't it make yo wonder that wherever McNally went he was successful until he joined TD?