PDA

View Full Version : There is GOOD news

X-Era
12-04-2005, 09:29 PM
No its has nothing to do with Geico.

I just looked at the remaining schedules and see us ending up as high as 7th in the draft!!!

Why?

Looking at the remaing schedules, this is the likely final records, NO I wont go through all the remaining opponents stacked by worts to best final records:

1) Houston- 2 and 14 or 3 and 13, likely to be Reggie Bush
2) San Fran- 3 and 13 or 4 and 12,a question mark, maybe D'Brickshaw Ferguson, they have Smith afterall.
3) NYJ- 3 and 13 or 4 and 12, Leinhart with Pennington being so injury prone.
4) New Orleans- 4 and 12, Who knows who they take
5) Green Bay- 4 and 12, Who knows who they take
6) Ten- 4 and 12 or 5 and 11
7- 10) All teams likely to have 5-11 records, Oak, Det, Ari, and Buff.

Now, who do we need up at 7-11? Well, theres a couple guys:

CB- if Clements leaves- Jimmy Williams probably goes here
DT- Top DT Ngata goes here
OLB- Hawk may drop or Ahmad Brooks but he is likely to stay in school. had Greenway may be there but Im not that fond of what Ive seen of him.
WR- Santonio Holmes looks to be here
TE- Marcedes Lewis- TE? yes you can ask this question. I swear he is a better prospect than Winslow who went 6th, he has better size 6 3, 247 vs. 6 6 255, Winslow had 4.55 speed, Lewis has 4.7 speed.
DE- Kiw-ee is gone- Hall is good but should be grabbed later in the 1st.
OT- I firmly believe we dont need a T at this point in the draft. I think we need a RT, Peters can play LT and that we can get a great RT from the 2nd round.

Overall, I say Williams if Clements leaves, Ngata, Lewis, or Hawk or Brooks.

JD
12-04-2005, 09:39 PM
**** the bills.

Devin
12-04-2005, 09:42 PM
I was just thinking about this.

I dont care what pick we have after the top 5 if Ngata is there you absolutley take him.

Devin
12-04-2005, 09:43 PM
The more I read about this kid..........he is a mammoth! And even better he has great speed for a DT.

ArcticWildMan
12-04-2005, 09:44 PM
This is one draft where we have to draft for need, not best available player.

Captain Obvious
12-04-2005, 09:51 PM
If Nate Clements leaves, I still don't think the Bills should take a corner with their 1st pick. Maybe with their 2nd round pick or one of their 3rd rounders.

Devin
12-04-2005, 09:58 PM
No if the Bills manage to get a 1st rounder for Nate, both picks should be used on our lines. Absolutley nowhere else.

CAbills
12-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Who is going to give up a first for Nate after this year's performance?

SeatownBillsFan21
12-04-2005, 11:19 PM
3-13 4 overall

ArcticWildMan
12-04-2005, 11:32 PM
No way we get anybody to cough up a 1st rounder for Nate after the way he's been burned this season.

Phincinatti Phinz
12-05-2005, 02:38 AM
Ngata is ours, shoo.

:chair:

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 07:36 AM
No way we get anybody to cough up a 1st rounder for Nate after the way he's been burned this season.

I disagree. Although Nate isn't playing as well as he should, I think at the same time we are asking him to do too much. He's focusing too much on run support, and that's because he needs to with our pathetic run defense.

I can think of several teams off the top of my head that would possibly give up 1st rounders for Nate:

Atlanta (Imagine Clements and DeAngelo Hall)
San Diego (IMO, strongest possibility. Would be a great fit there)
NY Giants
Cincinnati (Another strong possibility)
Pittsburgh

If you dont believe me, then put it this way. If any of these teams had the chance to grab Jimmy Williams or another sure-fire stud at CB in the 1st Round of the draft, would they pass it up? NOPE! So why wouldn't they give up a 1st rounder for Nate?

The only way they wouldnt sign Nate is if they didn't have enough money. But a team under the salary cap that really needs a CB would easily throw a 1st rounder for Nate.

Nate has been playing well for years, he's still very young, but hasen't been all that productive this year. Instead of jumping to "Nate sucks," think about the reason why. Does it really make sense that Nate would just regress so badly after a pro-bowl season? Obviously, there are other factors involved.

If I was the Bills, I would try to get more than a 1st rounder. Since the maximum is 2 1st Rounders, I would try to get a 1st Rounder and a 3rd Rounder for him. I imagine one of those teams would bite.

Hounds
12-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Why dont they just lose to the Jets too? Then they would sure have a high draft pick.

BillsFever21
12-05-2005, 08:33 AM
The way this season is gonna end the Saints and Titans have a good chance of finishing with a better record then us.

We might not win another game. We have no chance in hell at beating Denver or Cinci. NE will most likely beat us and I wouldn't bet any money on us even beating the Jets.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 08:35 AM
On 1 hand I wouldn't mind the Bills finishing 4-12 and getting a top 5 pick (which is likely).

On the other hand TD is making the Draft choice, so does it really matter?

BillsFever21
12-05-2005, 08:44 AM
On 1 hand I wouldn't mind the Bills finishing 4-12 and getting a top 5 pick (which is likely).

On the other hand TD is making the Draft choice, so does it really matter?

Hopefully he won't be.