PDA

View Full Version : IF BILLS HIRE A NEW COACH- HE MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE

Bmax
12-05-2005, 02:41 AM
The knock against mularkeywas the fact he was another rookie coach who needed on the job training. Today it really showed and cost us a game.. Mularkey inability to manage the game was clearly evident today.. He is failing at the basics. With a 23-3 lead and 1st and goaL ON THE THREE YRD LINE WITH A 1,000 YRD RUSHER IN THE BACKFIELD. He calls a pass play !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What was that !!!!!! The past bills coaches who have the most sucess have been guys with experience...Marv levy...chuck knox....wade phillips....well we went to the playoffs......lou saban...

Coaches that have failed...hank "excuse me i farted" bullough. greg williams....
kay stephenson..... jim ringo......

Well who might be available guys with experience that is ...

1. Jim Haslett- ex bill who is in a bad situation..tough coach who would bring discipline to team.

2.Steve Mariucci- no way...

3. Dom Capers - ah no

4. Sam Wyche - my choice ..only problem is he healthly enough to do it..could be named new bills off coordinator under mularkey..

5. Jim Fassell- probably should of hired him instead of mularkey

There is only one college guy that i want kirk ferentz -iowa

Pete Carroll will never come to buffalo.. Bad blood between him and ralph when he was the head coach of the jets....

Go bills

Bmax

ArcticWildMan
12-05-2005, 04:50 AM
Pete Carroll would be a fool to leave USC. He has it made there.

ArcticWildMan
12-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Rumor has it that Brian Billeck may be on the hotseat as well. I'd love to see him on our sideline but the chances of that happening are slim to none with TD here. :(

don137
12-05-2005, 05:23 AM
The sad part is that Fox and Weis was on Buffalo's radar screen and they had no head coaching experience. They are very successful leading their teams. He is about as good as hiring head coaches as he is building a strong offensive line.

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 07:12 AM
Well who might be available guys with experience that is ...

1. Jim Haslett- ex bill who is in a bad situation..tough coach who would bring discipline to team.
2.Steve Mariucci- no way...
3. Dom Capers - ah no
4. Sam Wyche - my choice ..only problem is he healthly enough to do it..could be named new bills off coordinator under mularkey..
5. Jim Fassell- probably should of hired him instead of mularkey
There is only one college guy that i want kirk ferentz -iowa

Bmax

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. I believe there's a big difference between guys like Mike Mularkey and guys like Charlie Weis.

It doesn't necessarily take a head coach to have previous head-coaching experience to be able to lead a team. The problem with Mularkey is that he doesn't know how to lead a team and doesn't know how to game-plan and make adjustments. Do you think guys like Marvin Lewis, Charlie Weis, Lovie Smith, or John Fox are anywhere as bad as Mularkey? Nope.

When Mularkey was hired, I was like what the hell? Who is this dude? And what happened with Charlie Weis? But I decided to give Mularkey a chance since I knew I would have to accept it anyway.

Well everyone knows what's happening now.

Jim Fassel? What a joke. He's currently leading a Ravens offense to 32nd in the league that's made up of a good O-Line (especially pro-bowl left tackle), a good RB/TE, and WRs that are at least better than what we have (Mason, Clayton). Their QB is bad, but not that bad. With their O-Line, although underachieving, they should at least be in the mid-20s as far as offensive ranking goes. And Brian Billick, no thanks too. He should've signed a good QB as back-up for Boller.

Bmax
12-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Yes .. you are correct all those guys Lewis,Fox,Lovie, Weis Are good and would have made great coaches...But That was then and this is now...

Think about it do you really think that these players are going to respond to a guy who has never lead a team before ? Each team is different the bills need a good shrink in charge of them to repair their minds . A guy who can repair the damage done by greg williams, mike mularkey and tom donahoe's.

A guy with experience will work in buffalo.. Ie -- art shell ?etc.....

Cetainly not a brad childress who still doesn't call his own plays in philly..What's his coaching philosophy anyway ? .. West coast offense ? been there done that...

The fans don't have time to wait for a rookie to learn how to coach in the nfl( which in our case means not for long..) so long mularkey we hardly knew yee...

or did we ? Spearding the field and doin crazy stuff turning over the ball...Spoken by Eric moulds after the game ...Man eric you said it best....Crazy stuff mularkey never will get it .. So he has to go.....

GO BILLS

BMAX