PDA

View Full Version : Interesting postgame comments, winners and losers

X-Era
12-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Winner:

We win and lose as a team. We cant blame anyone but need to look ourselves in the face. I cant even describe the feeling to you, but the players feel it. I made the worst throw of my life, it was my fault.

Lots of "we"

Loser:

We are out there running spread formations. Ive been here 10 years. I dont want to be a distraction like TO. Im just gonna get through the next 4 games. We will see what happens. If im not here, Ill be elsewhere.

Lots of "I"

See ya Eric, you lost me at hello, you lost me at hello.

This guy has been a quiet but deadly locker room cancer his whole career. Its coming to a head, take a hike you *****!

HHURRICANE
12-05-2005, 08:44 AM
The difference between a winner and a whinner!!!

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 08:48 AM
You just don't like Moulds cause he thinks the Bills are better with Holcomb.

The Bills could have around 5 more wins this year if they had a better QB. And im not talking Holcomb.

Could of had wins agianst Miami, Carolina, Atlanta, NE.

Would of been a better game against N.O. and TB.

The only games that we had no chance at winning were the SD @ Oak. games.

BillsFever21
12-05-2005, 08:54 AM
You just don't like Moulds cause he thinks the Bills are better with Holcomb.

The Bills could have around 5 more wins this year if they had a better QB. And im not talking Holcomb.

Could of had wins agianst Miami, Carolina, Atlanta, NE.

Would of been a better game against N.O. and TB.

The only games that we had no chance at winning were the SD @ Oak. games.

If you think Losman cost us the game then you were smoking crack during that time.

justasportsfan
12-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Loser:

We are out there running spread formations. Ive been here 10 years. I dont want to be a distraction like TO. Im just gonna get through the next 4 games. We will see what happens. If im not here, Ill be elsewhere.

Lots of "I"

See ya Eric, you lost me at hello, you lost me at hello.

This guy has been a quiet but deadly locker room cancer his whole career. Its coming to a head, take a hike you *****!

I don't blame you Eric. You've been the best Bill for years since Kelly and Co. left. Now the organization has ran you off and kept the idiots like TD. They like getting rid of winners like you, Df and now even Wade looks like a winner compared to ret@rd that's calling the shots.

No wonder why people like Winfield wanted to get out of here. Clements wont be far behind. Go Eric. Go somewhere where they don't rebuild every year.

I hope you all the best in the world with your new team. Hope you go to the NFC so we won't have to see you burn this sad organization.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 09:10 AM
If you think Losman cost us the game then you were smoking crack during that time.

Oh he cost us this game. But he wasn't the only reason we lost it. That's the difference between Losmanites and people that see reality.

Losmannites...JP played great he wasn't the reason we lost.

Reality......JP played good in the 1st QTR. After the 1st qtr. he did nothing to help us win and he did alot to help us lose. (INT. and Fumble). But he's not the only one to blame for this loss.

justasportsfan
12-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Oh he cost us this game. But he wasn't the only reason we lost it. That's the difference against Losmanites and people that see reality.
Losmannites...J played great he wasn't the reason we lost.
Reality......JP played good in the 1st QTR. After the 1st qtr. he did nothing to help us win and he did alot to help us lose. (INT. and Fumble). But he's not the only one to blame for this loss.Wrong. He didn't lose us the game. We were fine after that INT. He wasn't the one who gave the fins great field advantage w/ a 15 yard penalty. One INT does not make him the reason he lost the game especially after tossing for 3 td's. The COACH lost us the game. It's not Jp's fault MM called a pass play during that INT. How many times should we have ran the ball in the endzone? The f@cker doesn't learn. He's as stupid as Gilbride.

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 09:22 AM

I understand you're frustrated, and we all are. But right now you're just talking nonsense. "A deadly locker room cancer his whole career???"

I'm sorry, but I believe that was the most ignorant comment you ever made. He could've been gone a long time ago to a winner but he decided to stick it out here and try to help this team win. As of right now, he doesn't want the Bills and the Bills dont want him.

I'll certainly miss you Eric. I hope you go to a winning team! You deserve it after years of this nonsense.

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't blame you Eric. You've been the best Bill for years since Kelly and Co. left. Now the organization has ran you off and kept the idiots like TD. They like getting rid of winners like you, Df and now even Wade looks like a winner compared to ret@rd that's calling the shots.

No wonder why people like Winfield wanted to get out of here. Clements wont be far behind. Go Eric. Go somewhere where they don't rebuild every year.

I hope you all the best in the world with your new team. Hope you go to the NFC so we won't have to see you burn this sad organization.

:bf1:

imbondz
12-05-2005, 09:27 AM

exactly

footballhottie
12-05-2005, 09:27 AM
**** eric moulds...Old *****. fine go somewhere else, just don't let the door hit you on the way out.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Wrong. He didn't lose us the game. We were fine after that INT. He wasn't the one who gave the fins great field advantage w/ a 15 yard penalty. One INT does not make him the reason he lost the game especially after tossing for 3 td's. The COACH lost us the game. It's not Jp's fault MM called a pass play during that INT. How many times should we have ran the ball in the endzone? The f@cker doesn't learn. He's as stupid as Gilbride.

Like I said. He wasn't the only reason we lost but he played his part in the loss.

It's not MM fault that JP threw a INT on that pass play.

It was a total team loss. From MM, to the D, to the O.

Novacane
12-05-2005, 09:39 AM
So Moulds is an old ***** but you think we should bring in the biggest cancer of all TO? :coocoo:

Iehoshua
12-05-2005, 09:40 AM
So Moulds is an old ***** but you think we should bring in the biggest cancer of all TO? :coocoo:
:couch:

footballhottie
12-05-2005, 09:42 AM
T.O is one of the best WRs in history, do your homework.

Novacane
12-05-2005, 09:43 AM

he's a cancer. do you're homework

justasportsfan
12-05-2005, 09:43 AM
He's oone of the biggest Cancer in the history of the game. Do your homework. :kiss:

Novacane
12-05-2005, 09:44 AM
:couch:

And I thought you were perfect :teary:

footballhottie
12-05-2005, 09:47 AM
He's oone of the biggest Cancer in the history of the game. Do your homework. :kiss:
:kiss: right back at u hun. I agree he has a bit of an attitude problem, but hey, nothing a shock collar wont fix.

justasportsfan
12-05-2005, 09:53 AM
:kiss: right back at u hun. I agree he has a bit of an attitude problem, but hey, nothing a shock collar wont fix.We can't even keep a classy player like Moulds or the other vets that gave their all happy, what makes you think we'll keep TO quiet? The way things are going TO won't just be mouthing off, he'll probably send Ralphy to his grave sooner.

footballhottie
12-05-2005, 09:55 AM
2 words...shock collar

X-Era
12-05-2005, 10:28 AM
I understand you're frustrated, and we all are. But right now you're just talking nonsense. "A deadly locker room cancer his whole career???"

I'm sorry, but I believe that was the most ignorant comment you ever made. He could've been gone a long time ago to a winner but he decided to stick it out here and try to help this team win. As of right now, he doesn't want the Bills and the Bills dont want him.

I'll certainly miss you Eric. I hope you go to a winning team! You deserve it after years of this nonsense.

Ya know dude, your perpetually backing baby's like Eric.

Eric is our highest paid player. This team has needed mental toughness and vet leadership since Kelly left and I seriously believe that if we had had that mental toughness from some of our players, we would have went to the playoffs several times in the last 10 years. We have NOT had the right attitude at all.

Enter Eric, when has Eric EVER acted like the top paid player and showed mental toughness and leadership to will his team to wins? He NEVER has done that. I dont have a problem with that per say. What I do have a problem with is when our highest frikkin paid player acts like a baby and pulls himslef out of the game, questions the coaching IN FRONT of the whole team, and provides ZERO vet leadership during the second half to MAINTAIN a win. Im not asking the guy to FORCE a win, but that would be frikkin nice considering no one on the team make more than him. Only that Eric, get of his personal pad-my-own-stats soap box, step up as our leader, yell and scream, and motivate the other players to simply do there jobs. Instead he acts like a baby at a critical, pivotal, playoffs on the line half? Are you frikkin kidding me? Seriously? You are gonna back a guy who is our supposed best player, and this year our highest paid player, who in THE most critical half gave up on the team, his team mates, the coaches, and sat by and watched us lose without doing ANYTHING to motivate them? Sorry dude, but THAT is ignorrant! We needed our highest paid player to step up and lead yesterday, not only didnt he do it, he went the other way and OFF the field, single handedly, did everything he could to ensure a LOSS. Unacceptable, bye Eric, on THIS team you are the WRONG type of player.

There are teams who have their highest paid players act like leaders and force their team to win and play every game with mental toughness. Ray Lewis, Peyton Manning are a few. Jim Kelly was ours and during his time here our team reaped the rewards of having that fiery mental toughness with 4 SB appearances. THAT my friend is the type of player that DESPERATELY needs to be on this team. Our fortunes would have been so so different in the past decade if we had TRUE fiery leaders like that. Well, JP is showing he has the right attitude, he only needs to earn the players respect with his on the field play. Its coming, it truly is, he gets better every week and in the Car game and yesterday, the players rallied around him. Players like Eric HURT him becoming the player that we desperately need. THAT is why Eric cant leave soon enough in my mind.

But you keep backing these babies that have the whole world revolving around them. You keep backing these big mouthed jerk-offs. Eric isnt TO and never has been, but he also isnt Peyton and THAT is what we needed from our highest paid player. Bye Eric, I say it in a nice tone because you earned alotof respect on the field, but if I only look at your OFF the field, I say TAKE a FRIKKIN HIKE!

X-Era
12-05-2005, 10:32 AM
We can't even keep a classy player like Moulds or the other vets that gave their all happy, what makes you think we'll keep TO quiet? The way things are going TO won't just be mouthing off, he'll probably send Ralphy to his grave sooner.

Ya, Eric was SO classy that he helped his young offense and the defense to hold on to the win with his highest paid player status, and vet leadership yesterday in a game that would have put us squarely in the playoff hunt and against our hated Fins foe. He was SO classy that he didnt worry about himself and his personal stats but rather the team and winning a critical, pivotal, crucial game.

I have NOW, officially, heard it all.

ParanoidAndroid
12-05-2005, 10:45 AM
While Eric doesn't help anything with his comments and surely didn't help his team by taking himself out of the game when he became frustrated, he had a point. His point was that we didn't need to get cute with trick plays when we were up 21-3. He was all for pounding the ball with Willis.

He's a jerk and not much help to the younger players, but he's right on that point.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2005, 10:54 AM
2 words...shock collar

2 words...d**k head.

(TO, not you)

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Ya know dude, your perpetually backing baby's like Eric.

But you keep backing these babies that have the whole world revolving around them. You keep backing these big mouthed jerk-offs. Eric isnt TO and never has been, but he also isnt Peyton and THAT is what we needed from our highest paid player. Bye Eric, I say it in a nice tone because you earned alotof respect on the field, but if I only look at your OFF the field, I say TAKE a FRIKKIN HIKE!

What do you mean backing these babies? Previous to this Miami game, all I have ever said was we need to keep Eric unless we have a capable replacement for him. I said our passing game would suffer even more without him. I also said that imagine if Evans was double teamed. He would not be nearly as effective. Our passing offense would be HORRIBLE.

JP himself said that Eric was being covered by both the CB and the safety. In other words, Eric still demands respect on the field and opens things up for Lee. It's true, Eric is overpaid. I never said his payment was justified. Something wouldve had to be done for his contract.

These days, Eric is a player similar to Pat Williams. He opens things up for the rest of the offense, similar to how Pat did for the defense. That's why all I said was that we needed a replacement for him before we just let him go.

As for his attitude, I said that I would be just as pissed as he is. If I were him, I would want to leave this organization as well. Since it's obvious that Eric wont be back next year, all I did was wish him good luck.

Your comment "quiet locker room cancer his whole career" is all I commented on. Because he complains this year, now you label him a cancer his whole career?

I challenge you to find even 5 people on this entire message board that think that Eric has been a cancer his WHOLE CAREER.

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
I challenge you to find even 5 people on this entire message board that think that Eric has been a cancer his WHOLE CAREER.

Make that "deadly locker room cancer."

ZEUS
12-05-2005, 11:19 AM
T.O. goes to Buffalo and Moulds goes to Tampa Bay, perfect. Then I could become a fulltime Bucs fan and not feel guilty about it. What a great fit for Eric Moulds. Great coach, awesome stadium, cool uniforms, perfect weather and really hot cheerleaders. A team that is not rebuilding every year and wasting talent such as Takeo Spikes, Moulds, Reed, etc.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 11:37 AM
What do you mean backing these babies? Previous to this Miami game, all I have ever said was we need to keep Eric unless we have a capable replacement for him. I said our passing game would suffer even more without him. I also said that imagine if Evans was double teamed. He would not be nearly as effective. Our passing offense would be HORRIBLE.

JP himself said that Eric was being covered by both the CB and the safety. In other words, Eric still demands respect on the field and opens things up for Lee. It's true, Eric is overpaid. I never said his payment was justified. Something wouldve had to be done for his contract.

These days, Eric is a player similar to Pat Williams. He opens things up for the rest of the offense, similar to how Pat did for the defense. That's why all I said was that we needed a replacement for him before we just let him go.

As for his attitude, I said that I would be just as pissed as he is. If I were him, I would want to leave this organization as well. Since it's obvious that Eric wont be back next year, all I did was wish him good luck.

Your comment "quiet locker room cancer his whole career" is all I commented on. Because he complains this year, now you label him a cancer his whole career?

I probably wont find them. I really dont care what everyone else thinks to be honest. Its not an ego thing. Im merely being intuitive about the OFF the field issues with Eric. He HAS spoken up before, demanded more pay, and complained baout coaching and the QB. I dont care that much about that. But if your gonna be THE highest paid player who stuck with the Bills for 10 years, wouldnt you have some sense of ownership over the team? Wouldnt you go out and try to lift the other players to be more than they are? or simply play tough to maintain the lead? Instead he goes the other way? Come on man, theres no defending that.

What I meant by quiet deadly locker room cancer was that our supposed leader simply went through the motions and took no ownership over being a leader who would demand us to play with mental toughness. It was a quiet gesture, a presence to be a bit TOO passive, that allowed or almost begged the other overpaid vets to follow his lead or lack thereof and simply collect a check. Your dam right I expect more from our highest paid guy, your damn right we needed HIM to be a fiery leader. Like I said, we OVER invested in Eric and didnt get a TRUE fiery leader who we so desperately needed. Instead, Eric has simply skated through the past decade, collected a check, and not helped his team (through mental toughness and leadership) to be a strong minded squad.

THAT is why I say he is a quiet cancer. His "style" of just getting by without caring is addictive. If HE can get away with it, and if HE doesnt really care after 10 years, or if HE doesnt think it will ever change, why should I? I bet there is ALOT more than 5 people who would agree that THAT Eric has THAT type of attitude and that it really hurts this team.

As far as a capable replacement you and I are in complete agreement! You are absolutely on the money about that. it cant be a draft pick, it needs to be a proven WR who demands to be defended. That AINT Roscoe at this point or anyone either. The problem is Eric's off the field attitude makes it impossible for it to be him. My personal prefernce would be a guy like Reggie Wayne who is a perfect possession type, young, proven, and can handle JP's fast balls. Or I also like the though of Randle El. But yes, this is a BIG concern and outside of a DT, and a G/C, THE biggest concern in my opinion.

You are completely right about our O getting worse if we dont replace Eric and I hope we do. TD wont do it properly, but lets hope he wont be here much longer. Losing players and not getting anyone better is exactly why we are where we are right now. Thats TD's fault, plain and simple.

mysticsoto
12-05-2005, 11:46 AM
I probably wont find them. I really dont care what everyone else thinks to be honest. Its not an ego thing. Im merely being intuitive about the OFF the field issues with Eric. He HAS spoken up before, demanded more pay, and complained baout coaching and the QB. I dont care that much about that. But if your gonna be THE highest paid player who stuck with the Bills for 10 years, wouldnt you have some sense of ownership over the team? Wouldnt you go out and try to lift the other players to be more than they are? or simply play tough to maintain the lead? Instead he goes the other way? Come on man, theres no defending that.

What I meant by quiet deadly locker room cancer was that our supposed leader simply went through the motions and took no ownership over being a leader who would demand us to play with mental toughness. It was a quiet gesture, a presence to be a bit TOO passive, that allowed or almost begged the other overpaid vets to follow his lead or lack thereof and simply collect a check. Your dam right I expect more from our highest paid guy, your damn right we needed HIM to be a fiery leader. Like I said, we OVER invested in Eric and didnt get a TRUE fiery leader who we so desperately needed. Instead, Eric has simply skated through the past decade, collected a check, and not helped his team (through mental toughness and leadership) to be a strong minded squad.

THAT is why I say he is a quiet cancer. His "style" of just getting by without caring is addictive. If HE can get away with it, and if HE doesnt really care after 10 years, or if HE doesnt think it will ever change, why should I? I bet there is ALOT more than 5 people who would agree that THAT Eric has THAT type of attitude and that it really hurts this team.

As far as a capable replacement you and I are in complete agreement! You are absolutely on the money about that. it cant be a draft pick, it needs to be a proven WR who demands to be defended. That AINT Roscoe at this point or anyone either. The problem is Eric's off the field attitude makes it impossible for it to be him. My personal prefernce would be a guy like Reggie Wayne who is a perfect possession type, young, proven, and can handle JP's fast balls. Or I also like the though of Randle El. But yes, this is a BIG concern and outside of a DT, and a G/C, THE biggest concern in my opinion.

You are completely right about our O getting worse if we dont replace Eric and I hope we do. TD wont do it properly, but lets hope he wont be here much longer. Losing players and not getting anyone better is exactly why we are where we are right now. Thats TD's fault, plain and simple.

I'm sorry, but I blame Mularkey on this and not Moulds. Mularkey has clearly lost control of the team and I much rather see him gone than Eric Moulds. If we could keep Moulds, Evans and Parrish, get Haloti Ngata alongside Sam Adams on the Dline, franchise and keep NC, and get some help on the Oline, along with an experienced coach who isn't going to serve cheeseburgers in an attempt to win a game, then maybe we can go somewhere next year!!! For us to hold the Patriots and Dolphins to 3 pts in the 1st half and score 3 tds in 1 quarter shows that we have some talent level. What we don't have is good coaching to react and make adjustments once teams figure out our game plan.

BAM
12-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Did I really just see someone say Moulds has been a locker room cancer his whole career?

Damn.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry, but I blame Mularkey on this and not Moulds. Mularkey has clearly lost control of the team and I much rather see him gone than Eric Moulds. If we could keep Moulds, Evans and Parrish, get Haloti Ngata alongside Sam Adams on the Dline, franchise and keep NC, and get some help on the Oline, along with an experienced coach who isn't going to serve cheeseburgers in an attempt to win a game, then maybe we can go somewhere next year!!! For us to hold the Patriots and Dolphins to 3 pts in the 1st half and score 3 tds in 1 quarter shows that we have some talent level. What we don't have is good coaching to react and make adjustments once teams figure out our game plan.

I cant disagree at all.

But, keeping Eric means keeping his mouth shut and having a coach who will tell him where the Buffalo sh_ts on the prairie so to speak. That AINT Mularkey and TD wont pay or get someone who will challenge HIM as well like Jimmy Johnson or a guy like Parcells. So, to me the only way keeping Eric and Adams works is if TD goes and then the chips fall such that our HC is a new guy who demands them to shut up and play, that probably means a guy with SB experience thats available, thats Jimmy Johnson and who else?

I wouldnt mind it, but too many starts would have to align to make it happen, I just am not holding my breath. I see TD being gone, Modrak stepping up, Eric not taking a cut and being released and Ralph wanting to keep MM. That works too but only if we replace Moulds with someone proven that will command defensive coverage.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Did I really just see someone say Moulds has been a locker room cancer his whole career?

Damn.

Woah, before you go too far.

Cancer- a growth that grows slowly, infects other "cells" and eventually will kill you if you dont fight it.

TO is more like a locker room SARS or Bird Flu or Flesh eating bacteria

If we had another leader on this team to keep Eric in check, this would be fine. But Eric has kept the wrong attitude and simply gone through the motions until it reached a head yesterday and he quit on the team.

Ill call that a cancer that slowly reached a point where it caused us to stop breathing. Unfortunately our vets are infected with the just collect a check mentality now and we have to carry out a MAJOR biopsy.

TedMock
12-05-2005, 02:44 PM
On one hand, I don't blame Moulds for feeling the way he does. It's frustrating, and it's been coming to the surface with him for the last 2 or 3 years. He's been in a tough situation with the constant rebuilding, changing of QB's, and changing of coaches / systems. It's been tough.

On the other hand, he has always (at least the last few years) made a point of letting the media know how great it must be to be Marvin Harrison. He's played with one QB, blah, blah. There's also been the gross inconsistant play. There are other great WR's who don't have the same guy throwing to them every year, yet they manage to put up numbers. He's a strong WR who did well for this team, but never did enough to be put into the "elite" category he feels he deserves....see Keyshawn Johnson for another guy who feels that way.

Part of me will certainly miss the old Moulds who broke tackles, and made big catches. Part of me say's "don't let the door hit ya" to the same-old Moulds that is known for running poor routes, and not catching with his hands. The guy also goes through spurts of "dropsies" that we as Bills fans have constantly forgiven him for. As for being a "class act." I don't think so. Public calling out of your team mates, domestic abuse, and illegitimate children does not make a man a "class act." Anybody who doesnt' recall these things either completely missed the news those weeks, or has an extreme selective memory issue. Go look them up.

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Woah, before you go too far.

Cancer- a growth that grows slowly, infects other "cells" and eventually will kill you if you dont fight it.

TO is more like a locker room SARS or Bird Flu or Flesh eating bacteria

If we had another leader on this team to keep Eric in check, this would be fine. But Eric has kept the wrong attitude and simply gone through the motions until it reached a head yesterday and he quit on the team.

Ill call that a cancer that slowly reached a point where it caused us to stop breathing. Unfortunately our vets are infected with the just collect a check mentality now and we have to carry out a MAJOR biopsy.

I'm sorry, but I dont agree with you. Ask Lee Evans, ask Peerless Price, ask Josh Reed, ask Roscoe Parrish. Eric Moulds has tutored all of them and helped them all get better. Whether or not he's fiery is one thing, but if you ask me that's not a prerequisite for being a leader. That's the way Moulds's personality is. What you are saying about him "only going through the motions" is simply UNTRUE.

Eric Moulds has been a leader to our receivers his entire time that he has been here (except when he himself was young). Since Lee Evans is the best example, I will talk about him. He stated many many times that Moulds has helped him a lot with his game. If you want, I can show you links. But don't make up stories that he's not a leader.

And why are you comparing Moulds to Manning? How about comparing Moulds to Marvin Harrison instead. Harrison is another quiet leader. You can't tell me that Harrison is fiery. And if the situations are different, then compare Moulds to someone who is in the same situation as him. That means neither Manning nor Ray Lewis.

If JP needs extra leadership, then wtf is Mularkey and Tom Clements doing? What about Holcomb and Shane Matthews? Didn't we sign Matthews for that very reason. What about Sam Wyche? How many leaders does JP need?

Unless you are the QB, being the highest paid player doesn't mean you have to be the fiery leader that you are talking about. I can see Eric's flaws and have already pointed them out. But, IMO, you are making things up.

justasportsfan
12-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Ya, Eric was SO classy that he helped his young offense and the defense to hold on to the win with his highest paid player status, and vet leadership yesterday in a game that would have put us squarely in the playoff hunt and against our hated Fins foe. He was SO classy that he didnt worry about himself and his personal stats but rather the team and winning a critical, pivotal, crucial game.

I have NOW, officially, heard it all.Eric's contract was not of his own doing. He restructured when they asked him to. How is that his fault? Is he worth the money he's being paid? NO. No one is denying that. But when it comes to being a leader and an asset to this organization, he has. You are using the wrong argument as to why he should be gone. If he doesn't restructure I agree, he should be gone. One player isn't bigger than the entire team.

BTW, what bandwagon are you on. Jp sucks or Jp's the future? You switched sides and I forgot which one you're on these days.

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 03:16 PM
By the way, you only mention that Eric Moulds favored the benching of JP for Holcomb. But you fail to mention what Lee said about Holcomb:

"It's a different way that veterans handle the game, handle themselves in the huddle in certain situations," he says. "There's just a difference. The quarterback tells you what to do in a certain situation. Check this, do this ... it makes it sound like he knows what he's talking about. More so, that he knows what he's seeing."

And here's what Eric said:
"I don't think it sends any kind of message to J.P. I think he knows he's the future here and that the situation was the coach's decision. I talked to him yesterday about it and he's not happy about it and wants to be the starter, but knowing it's a coach's decision he'll have to live with it," Moulds said.

AND
"The onus on this team is to win now, and because we weren't winning they thought we had to make a change. I've worked with Kelly throughout training camp and he's a vet so he knows how and where to put balls. It opens up some of the things we can do offensively."

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
And our other vet, Mark Campbell:

''It's tough to take a guy out that's played as well as he has,'' tight end Mark Campbell said Wednesday. ''I understand the situation. J.P.'s obviously the future here. I don't know at what point that is, but we don't feel like we're close to that point.''

I think everyone on the team generally agreed that JP needed some time off. They wanted to win. Whether or not it worked out that way is another story.

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Well, JP is showing he has the right attitude, he only needs to earn the players respect with his on the field play. Its coming, it truly is, he gets better every week and in the Car game and yesterday, the players rallied around him. Players like Eric HURT him becoming the player that we desperately need. THAT is why Eric cant leave soon enough in my mind.

Players like Eric hurt him becoming that player? Well look at my quotes above from Lee Evans and Mark Campbell. I still maintain that JP needed some time off. And the fact that this team is in shambles is Mularkey's fault.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is my excerpt from another post...

Now, let me point out what I think is a double standard. First of all, we both agree that Mularkey benching players is important when they need to be benched. So why treat JP any different? Like you said, this is a TEAM game. I would argue that JP needed to be benched to learn some humility. Look at how well JP has responded since his benching! He is playing much better. EVEN JP HIMSELF ADMITTED HE WAS IN OVER HIS HEAD AND NOW FEELS DIFFERENTLY THAN HE DID IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON. IMO, Mularkey benching and then re-starting JP was one of his few good moves. After this season is all said and done, and we dont make the playoffs, JP will have started 12 games. That sounds fair to me. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
First you say that Mularkey is good to have the balls to bench his "star players," but then you go and say that these veterens are the ones responsible for JP's benching! Something here doesn't make sense! If you ask me, Mularkey made that decision to bench JP, and not the players.

If a player needs to be benched, regardless of position and age, then he needs to be benched. Simple as that. JP has a good attitude, no doubt, but he needed to learn an important lesson. If you ask me, he learned that from his benching.<o:p></o:p>
If you are saying that JP should've stayed in at all costs, I dont agree with that. JP is not the same player as other QBs, so why treat him with that "He needs to be playing like E. Manning, P. Manning, C. Palmer" motto. Not all QBs are the same. It's true, JP needs game-play experience, but he might need other things (humility) as well. Being benched for a FEW games was a special case for JP, and if you ask me it was the right choice.<o:p></o:p>

------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, I am saying:

If JP gets benched, it's the wrong decision. If Sam or Eric get benched, then it's the right decision?

If JP is unhappy about his benching, then he's justified in complaining. But if Sam, Eric, London complain, then they are washed-up veterens that need to get out of town?

Bottom line, no player on this team, whether it's Willis, London, Eric, Sam, or JP, should be above the team. In my opinion, you got on Eric for the wrong reason and are too easy on JP.

But I still love you in a non-homo way.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Players like Eric hurt him becoming that player? Well look at my quotes above from Lee Evans and Mark Campbell. I still maintain that JP needed some time off. And the fact that this team is in shambles is Mularkey's fault.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is my excerpt from another post...

Now, let me point out what I think is a double standard. First of all, we both agree that Mularkey benching players is important when they need to be benched. So why treat JP any different? Like you said, this is a TEAM game. I would argue that JP needed to be benched to learn some humility. Look at how well JP has responded since his benching! He is playing much better. EVEN JP HIMSELF ADMITTED HE WAS IN OVER HIS HEAD AND NOW FEELS DIFFERENTLY THAN HE DID IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON. IMO, Mularkey benching and then re-starting JP was one of his few good moves. After this season is all said and done, and we dont make the playoffs, JP will have started 12 games. That sounds fair to me. <o:p></o:p>
First you say that Mularkey is good to have the balls to bench his "star players," but then you go and say that these veterens are the ones responsible for JP's benching! Something here doesn't make sense! If you ask me, Mularkey made that decision to bench JP, and not the players.

If a player needs to be benched, regardless of position and age, then he needs to be benched. Simple as that. JP has a good attitude, no doubt, but he needed to learn an important lesson. If you ask me, he learned that from his benching.<o:p></o:p>
If you are saying that JP should've stayed in at all costs, I dont agree with that. JP is not the same player as other QBs, so why treat him with that "He needs to be playing like E. Manning, P. Manning, C. Palmer" motto. Not all QBs are the same. It's true, JP needs game-play experience, but he might need other things (humility) as well. Being benched for a FEW games was a special case for JP, and if you ask me it was the right choice.<o:p></o:p>

------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, I am saying:

If JP gets benched, it's the wrong decision. If Sam or Eric get benched, then it's the right decision?

If JP is unhappy about his benching, then he's justified in complaining. But if Sam, Eric, London complain, then they are washed-up veterens that need to get out of town?

Bottom line, no player on this team, whether it's Willis, London, Eric, Sam, or JP, should be above the team. In my opinion, you got on Eric for the wrong reason and are too easy on JP.

But I still love you in a non-homo way.

Look, the arguement Im making isnt an easy one to defend. Not because it isnt the truth, but because we have little data. If Eric pulled a TO move at an interview or something, you all would back me up. He didnt. Thats why I say hes a QUIET problem. Im not saying he has always been a problem per say. What I am simply saying is that he hasnt been part of the solution as far as leadership OFF he field goes either. He DI mentor several young WR's, he did that, thats true. He DOES have great offseasons and come in in shape. But he DOESNT lead his team to play mentaly tough. Again, I firmly believe we MUST have that to be successfull. Drew was another quiet leader. And the team under him showed a lack of mental toughness several times including a loss to the Pitt 3rd stringers that kille dour playoffs last year. This year it was a lack of mental toughness that killed our shot THIS year. How many more years will we stand by and bring in quiet leader after quiet leader before we get the point that we cant go anywhere without a true fiery leader? If we had a HC to do it, that would work to. But Tony Dungy doesnt strike fear in anyone, Peyton forces him team to play tough, Marvin never had to. Could Eric be a stud for them, probably. But they arent us. and HERE we HAVE to have it!

If you arent buying into the n otion that NOT having mental toughness from our highest paid vets loses games, fine. But theres no doubt that Eric pulling himslef out of the game yesterday was 180 from what he should have done. We needed a vet to step up and lead this team yesterday to ensure a victory in a HUGE game with big playoff implications, Eric went the other way and was a additional problem, not the solution. At 32 or whatever, on the decline, just one of the players rather than a leader, and as the highest paid player, the wring is on the wall and it spells the end of Eric here.

Now, rather than beat up Eric, Ill turn this different. Next time we are looking for a star to make our highest paid player, make sure he is also a guy who will lead this team to show mental tuoghness and win.

Its all good, this offseason will be interesting, I just hope TD is gone very very soon.

Lexwhat
12-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Its all good, this offseason will be interesting, I just hope TD is gone very very soon.

We are all frustrated. If I don't see any major moves this offseason, I will be thoroughly disappointed.

I dont even know who we're playing next weekend.:rage:

justasportsfan
12-05-2005, 04:42 PM
If Eric pulled a TO move at an interview or something, you all would back me up. He didnt. Thats why I say hes a QUIET problem. Im not saying he has always been a problem per say. What I am simply saying is that he hasnt been part of the solution as far as leadership OFF he field goes either. He DI mentor several young WR's, he did that, thats true. He DOES have great offseasons and come in in shape. But he DOESNT lead his team to play mentaly tough. Again, I firmly believe we MUST have that to be successfull. Drew was another quiet leader. And the team under him showed a lack of mental toughness several times including a loss to the Pitt 3rd stringers that kille dour playoffs last year. This year it was a lack of mental toughness that killed our shot THIS year. How many more years will we stand by and bring in quiet leader after quiet leader before we get the point that we cant go anywhere without a true fiery leader? If we had a HC to do it, that would work to. But Tony Dungy doesnt strike fear in anyone, Peyton forces him team to play tough, Marvin never had to. Could Eric be a stud for them, probably. But they arent us. and HERE we HAVE to have it!

.You "assume"that he's the rpoblem . Could it be that management and coaching are the problem? I haven't heard any player complain about him but there seems to be sniplets of the players and coaching staff having problems.

Since there is lack of data or facts, based on who's been a better asset personel wise for the bills all these years , I would tend to give my loyalty towards moulds than any of TD's boys including Mularkey until proven wrong.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 07:55 PM
You "assume"that he's the rpoblem . Could it be that management and coaching are the problem? I haven't heard any player complain about him but there seems to be sniplets of the players and coaching staff having problems.

Since there is lack of data or facts, based on who's been a better asset personel wise for the bills all these years , I would tend to give my loyalty towards moulds than any of TD's boys including Mularkey until proven wrong.

As far as facts go, you only need to look at our lack of mental toughness in several key games in the past decade. Can I blame Eric Moulds for all of them? Obviously there is no data for that, but he also wasnt part of solving the problem either and THAT is a fact.

None of that matters, its water under th bridge. What IS a fact is that the guy let us down bigtime yesterday and it cost us the game, the playoffs, and the season. Our highest paid player should, NO IM SAYING MUST, step up and demand that the players play sound football and maintain a big lead, instead he went the other way, yanked himslef out or was benched and HURT us in a critical game. THATS UNACCEPTABLE. Whne your highest paid player acts like that, its time to re-invest. I would have been happy if he simply did his job and shut his mouth. He couldnt even do that. Its ridiculous, reprehensible, and unacceptable.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 08:00 PM
We are all frustrated. If I don't see any major moves this offseason, I will be thoroughly disappointed.

I dont even know who we're playing next weekend.:rage:

Seriously, much love back to ya, I may disagree but you are more than willing to invest the time to read my posts and respond with as much time or more invested. Thats a big deal.

The rest of the season is "root for the young players". Its scouting mode for next season. In my mind we now officially have a amnesty period for scouting FA and watching other teams and our own young up and comers. Its officially time where you cant get leveled for not caring about wins and losses for the Bills anymore.

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 07:10 AM
What IS a fact is that the guy let us down bigtime yesterday and it cost us the game, the playoffs, and the season. Our highest paid player should, NO IM SAYING MUST, step up and demand that the players play sound football and maintain a big lead, instead he went the other way, yanked himslef out or was benched and HURT us in a critical game. THATS UNACCEPTABLE. Whne your highest paid player acts like that, its time to re-invest. I would have been happy if he simply did his job and shut his mouth. He couldnt even do that. Its ridiculous, reprehensible, and unacceptable.Where did you get your story? He let us down? Did he decide to be benched or was that a coaches decision? Did JP even throw to him? Once again you are putting blame on someone who doesn't make the decisions ...... without facts.

He wasn't the one who decided to start a rookie qb. He wasn't the one who called a draw on 3rd and long. He wasn't the one who threw 3 straight times in the endzone that caused JP to throw an INT.

When he became the spokesperson of the team, they started playing better. Now remember, he wasn't talking on behalf himself. He spoke on behalf of the vets which includes Spikes , Evans, etc. Are you saying they should be let go too?

Na if there's anyone to blame , Moulds is the last person I'd blame. They guy only wanted to win and if that makes him a cancer, I want all our players to be a cancer. JP is got better from that benching.

Yeah it was Moulds' fault our season is over. Do you even believe yourself?

X-Era
12-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Where did you get your story? He let us down? Did he decide to be benched or was that a coaches decision? Did JP even throw to him? Once again you are putting blame on someone who doesn't make the decisions ...... without facts.

He wasn't the one who decided to start a rookie qb. He wasn't the one who called a draw on 3rd and long. He wasn't the one who threw 3 straight times in the endzone that caused JP to throw an INT.

When he became the spokesperson of the team, they started playing better. Now remember, he wasn't talking on behalf himself. He spoke on behalf of the vets which includes Spikes , Evans, etc. Are you saying they should be let go too?

Na if there's anyone to blame , Moulds is the last person I'd blame. They guy only wanted to win and if that makes him a cancer, I want all our players to be a cancer. JP is got better from that benching.

Yeah it was Moulds' fault our season is over. Do you even believe yourself?

Apparrently you are happy with our highest paid player declining to the point of not even being our #1 option anymore.

Apparently you are happy with our elder vet having some sort of issue with the coaching staff at the most critical point in our season.

Apparently your happy with paying guys to be our leaders but then not having them lead us when the chips are down and we are giving away a huge lead.

Maybe you are happy with all of that, but I am not. Furthermore, its water under the bridge, the sun is setting on Eric's time here and next year we likely wont have him on this team.

Personally, Im ready to move on without him.

footballhottie
12-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Get rid of all the vets...plain and simple

Jimbuktu
12-06-2005, 01:36 PM
**** eric moulds...Old *****. fine go somewhere else, just don't let the door hit you on the way out.

wow ... you are an idiot ... anyone that says "**** moulds" let's bring in TO is a moron ... thankfully TO will never come here ... TO is not a buffalo kind of guy ... your signature makes me nauseous

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Apparrently you are happy with our highest paid player declining to the point of not even being our #1 option anymore.

Apparently you are happy with our elder vet having some sort of issue with the coaching staff at the most critical point in our season.

Apparently your happy with paying guys to be our leaders but then not having them lead us when the chips are down and we are giving away a huge lead.

Maybe you are happy with all of that, but I am not. Furthermore, its water under the bridge, the sun is setting on Eric's time here and next year we likely wont have him on this team.

Personally, Im ready to move on without him.Once again show me where I said I was happy with him being paid what he is being paid. Learn to read. :shakeno: Once again, Moulds contract is where it's at because that's were the GM put it when they asked him a favor to restructure. Now he's being blasted for doing the team a favor? Inspite of it I am still all AND I REPEAT, for getting rid of him next year if he doesn't do us a favor again.

The leaders on this team can only do so much when your coaches decide to make stupid calls that put them in a situation to lose. In Rochester Dem and Chronicle, Fletcher was quoted trying to defend Moulds. So tell me, is Fletcher a cancer too?

Adams , Moulds, Pat were the bright side of this bills team for years. They have all been screwed with by the coaches. Where are the bills now? We are no better than we were a year before. You then turn on the people that gave their all for this team? NO Management and coaching staff are to blame. Leadership starts from the top to the coaches and then the players on the field in that order.

Like I said, Moulds wasn't the one who told JP to throw at 1st and goal in the redzone. He wasn't the one who called a draw on 3rd and long w/ Shaud. Willis is not a vet and yet he has problems w/ the coaching staff.

Eric may be gone next year, but I'd rather he stays and Mularkey and TD get fired first.

The fact that you blame Moulds for our not making playoffs is laughable.

X-Era
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Once again show me where I said I was happy with him being paid what he is being paid. Learn to read. :shakeno: Once again, Moulds contract is where it's at because that's were the GM put it when they asked him a favor to restructure. Now he's being blasted for doing the team a favor? Inspite of it I am still all AND I REPEAT, for getting rid of him next year if he doesn't do us a favor again.
The leaders on this team can only do so much when your coaches decide to make stupid calls that put them in a situation to lose. In Rochester Dem and Chronicle, Fletcher was quoted trying to defend Moulds. So tell me, is Fletcher a cancer too?
Adams , Moulds, Pat were the bright side of this bills team for years. They have all been screwed with by the coaches. Where are the bills now? We are no better than we were a year before. You then turn on the people that gave their all for this team? NO Management and coaching staff are to blame. Leadership starts from the top to the coaches and then the players on the field in that order.
Like I said, Moulds wasn't the one who told JP to throw at 1st and goal in the redzone. He wasn't the one who called a draw on 3rd and long w/ Shaud. Willis is not a vet and yet he has problems w/ the coaching staff.
Eric may be gone next year, but I'd rather he stays and Mularkey and TD get fired first.
The fact that you blame Moulds for our not making playoffs is laughable.i blame every single player on this team for their lack of mental toughness.

i especially blame our so called vet leaders for this as well.

you should learn to as well, its the difference between mediocre and great teams.

im not even remotely saying that td and mm shoukdnt go, but if you think the players on this teams, especially the vets arent part of the problem, you are sadly mistaken.

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 04:19 PM
i blame every single player on this team for their lack of mental toughness.
you should learn to as well, its the difference between mediocre and great teams.
im not even remotely saying that td and mm shoukdnt go, but if you think the players on this teams, especially the vets arent part of the problem, you are sadly mistaken. There you go. We seem to agree on something. Every player should be accountable for what has happened this year. But More of the blame falls on the coaches. It's their job to put players in situations to win regardless of talent. That's what the pats of the 3 sb's have done.

We just disagree that Moulds should be the scapegoat. You are picking him out because he's the vocal one. Who better to be the spokesperson of the players than the one who's been on the team the longest and has been the best player all these years. Don't bail out on himbecause the qb isn't throwing the ball well. or the coaches call a reverse or make Roscoe throw the ball.

You sound like a bandwagonjumper. You love the players only when they are playing great and when they question the coaches , it's their fault? What about your insisting to develop JP and then turn around and start a thread saying he sucks and still coninue to carry his name as your handle. Wait he played very well last Sunday right?

Remember he never said "throw my way more often " He simply stated we want the best player in there. That's the same sentiment of Evans who's in his second year. Is he a cancer too?

What sbhould I learn?The difference between a mediocre team and a good one. Please point out in any of my post that makes it look like I don't know. Quote me , please.

X-Era
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
There you go. We seem to agree on something. Every player should be accountable for what has happened this year. But More of the blame falls on the coaches. It's their job to put players in situations to win regardless of talent. That's what the pats of the 3 sb's have done.

We just disagree that Moulds should be the scapegoat. You are picking him out because he's the vocal one. Who better to be the spokesperson of the players than the one who's been on the team the longest and has been the best player all these years. Don't bail out on himbecause the qb isn't throwing the ball well. or the coaches call a reverse or make Roscoe throw the ball.

You sound like a bandwagonjumper. You love the players only when they are playing great and when they question the coaches , it's their fault? What about your insisting to develop JP and then turn around and start a thread saying he sucks and still coninue to carry his name as your handle. Wait he played very well last Sunday right?

Remember he never said "throw my way more often " He simply stated we want the best player in there. That's the same sentiment of Evans who's in his second year. Is he a cancer too?

What sbhould I learn?The difference between a mediocre team and a good one. Please point out in any of my post that makes it look like I don't know. Quote me , please.

Absolutely not a bandwagon jumper. I have been here through all the SB losses and will stay no matter what.

But ya know what, damn right im sick and tired of the Bills players looking like clowns on the field and losing big games, coaching? fine I bought that as the sole reason with Wade and Gregg, but I only partly buy it with Mularkey. Im sick and tired of not having mental toughness. I sick of it. At work, I often step up and lead when no one else will, why the fug cant our highest paid player? Theres no reason why he cant. Many many teams win without their vets being bigtime leaders. We have now wasted a decade trying to be like them.

Lets be like US. Lets can these guys that wont demand tough play. Its painfully obvious that we need it, badly. This game was teh straw on the camels back. This game made it perfectly resoundingly clear that this team is devoid of leadership and mental toughness.

No, Im not blaming everything on MOulds, you have mis-characterized my comments. What I am saying is that Eric didnt ever step up and be the leader this team needs. Now add in the rest of the story on Eric and yeah I think he should go.

I want a significant part of our new vet free agent signings to go to players that are on the field leaders and that wont tolerate what happened yesterday. Id love for our new HC to do it too, theres about 1 guy in the whole damn lot that would, thats Jimmy Johnson and theres no way in hell he is coming here so that aint happening.

What I absoultely will NOT stand for is our current overpaid vets killing any budding players attitude to actually step up and be the leader this team is so desperate for. And yes, I think several key vets bailed on JP and worked to get him benched. That may have been the right move for several reasons but JP has the right attitude and is working to build that attitude and in part these guys are destroying that. They are destroying the very thing that will finally bring this team a SB ring. Thats unacceptable.

Lets get off Eric. Its not just about him to me, to you, or to anyone. As I said, the writing is on the wall with him, its over.

Im saying going forward that we wont tolerate anymore guys who would stand by quietly and let this team blow a 21 point lead.

Thats what it is, thats what it has always been about. I considered Eric's sideline mess yesterday to be in part his fault and unacceptable from a guy who should be bringing a winners attitude to this critical game. Thats how I feel.

Lexwhat
12-06-2005, 04:50 PM
i blame every single player on this team for their lack of mental toughness.

im not even remotely saying that td and mm shoukdnt go, but if you think the players on this teams, especially the vets arent part of the problem, you are sadly mistaken.

Great teams do possess a lot of mental toughness. But IMO, a prerequisite is that winning teams MUST have a good coaching staff. A clueless staff can destory an otherwise talented team. However, it's harder for a talented team to destroy themselves.

To me, it's similar to having a class full of students taking an advanced college course. The professor and coordinator must be able to their jobs reasonably well in order for the students to succeed. On occasion, there will be 2-3 students who can overcome a terrible professor and coordinator. But the majority of students will be lost or give up.

Similar is the situation in Buffalo...If players are playing for coaches that they cant stand, it's all over. The most recent examples were Bill Callahan with the Raiders and Butch Davis with the Browns. I do blame the players somewhat, but the majority (>80%) of the blame goes to Mularkey, IMO.

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 04:52 PM
I've been here for those sb losses as wellwhich is why I'd rather let TD and Mularkey go since we were a lot closer to the sb with Wade and yet we fired him. If Moulds isn't happy with the play calling, I don't blame him. Last Sunday proved how much of a homer MM is.

TD got rid of Flutie for Rob because DF wasn't a yes man. We all know that was a mistake on TD's part. Now Moulds is not being a yes man to the coaches and he's being made into another scapegoat.

TD hates people who are right because he's wrong.

Lexwhat
12-06-2005, 04:56 PM
But ya know what, damn right im sick and tired of the Bills players looking like clowns on the field and losing big games, coaching? fine I bought that as the sole reason with Wade and Gregg, but I only partly buy it with Mularkey. Im sick and tired of not having mental toughness.

You're right, it sucks not having mental toughness.

You do have a point. It can go both ways. We need to build from the top down before we have any chance of winning.

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 04:58 PM
You're right, it sucks not having mental toughness.

.what's weird is that MM supposedly knows how to deal with players because he was one. It hasn't worked. As a matter of fact, we're almost the bickering bills of the early 80's.

I'd rather have a Bellichick who doesn't high five his players. Not even after a win because the job isn't over until you win the sb.

X-Era
12-06-2005, 06:38 PM
what's weird is that MM supposedly knows how to deal with players because he was one. It hasn't worked. As a matter of fact, we're almost the bickering bills of the early 80's.

I'd rather have a Bellichick who doesn't high five his players. Not even after a win because the job isn't over until you win the sb.
amen but beli wont exactly scare the pants off the mouths here. jimmy would, but td would never hire him.