PDA

View Full Version : How many times did the 'Fins throw to Chambers? or the Nate Clements = toast thread

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm not the biggest stat person unless it is fantasy football. But the numbers don't exactly lie. Chambers had 15 catches. CBS gave a stat that he had 7 drops. I know he was overthrown at least three times. That's at least 25 passes to Chambers. That's insane. The best receivers in the game don't get thrown to 25 times a game. Can you imagine Harrison getting 25 or more chances a game? Chambers is a second tier receiver, at best, and he made Clements look silly. Let mr. "playmaker" go. He isn't worth the contract he has this year.

In honor of Nate, I am having three pieces of toast for breakfast.

Novacane
12-05-2005, 08:56 AM
They were not even close to Chambers all day. I've never seen anything like it

Phincinatti Phinz
12-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Chambers isn't a second tier receiver, he's just inconsistant.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Clements wasn't covering Chambers on the last play of the game.

How come the Bills best CB wasn't covering the Dolphins best WR?

Jerry Gray is a moron.

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Clements wasn't covering Chambers on the last play of the game.
How come the Bills best CB wasn't covering the Dolphins best WR?
Jerry Gray is a moron.

Sorry...he was only covering him the other 24 times he got burnt.

Novacane
12-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Chambers isn't a second tier receiver, he's just inconsistant.

First tier guys are not inconsistant duh

FinFan
12-05-2005, 09:07 AM
The announcers messed up on that statement. All Dolphins receivers dropped 7 balls at the time that stat was shown, not just Chambers. Did you see Gilmore's drops?

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 09:17 AM
The announcers messed up on that statement. All Dolphins receivers dropped 7 balls at the time that stat was shown, not just Chambers. Did you see Gilmore's drops?

If that is true then they still threw to Chambers 20 times. The exact number is irrelevant. Shut down corners do not get thrown at 10, let alone 20, times a game.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2005, 09:46 AM
:bigwave: Nate

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 09:51 AM
:bigwave: Nate
Somebody will sign him to a big contract...at least we get the 3rd compensation pick for him.

Phincinatti Phinz
12-05-2005, 09:55 AM
First tier guys are not inconsistant duh

No second tier guy racks up 230 receiving yards.

Forward_Lateral
12-05-2005, 09:59 AM
No second tier guy racks up 230 receiving yards.

No first tier guy drops as many wide open catches as Chambers does. Face it, he's a top 25 WR, but that's it. Now go away.

Phincinatti Phinz
12-05-2005, 10:02 AM
No first tier guy drops as many wide open catches as Chambers does. Face it, he's a top 25 WR, but that's it. Now go away.

What warm reception. :brace:

But a first tier WR makes up for those drops, and yesterday Chambers did just that. He's been teetering on the line for some time, and hopefully he's turning a corner.

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 10:05 AM
A first team receiver catches 25 balls for 350 against Nate yesterday.

ParanoidAndroid
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
That was NOT all on Clements. The Bills were using a cover 2 zone and the safety was late all frickin' day long. They were also moving Chambers around and getting the occassional mismatch, ie. in the endzone vs. Greer.
Did they move out of the cover 2 when they started getting burnt? Nope.
Chambers should have been doubled in the 4th quarter. Welker and Gilmore were the other receivers. Once again, no 4th quarter adjustments.

ParanoidAndroid
12-05-2005, 11:03 AM
What warm reception. :brace:

But a first tier WR makes up for those drops, and yesterday Chambers did just that. He's been teetering on the line for some time, and hopefully he's turning a corner.

Chambers has not had the luxury of a quality QB, nor has any QB stuck around for long.

It's too bad, because I think Chambers is a top tier receiver.

Philagape
12-05-2005, 11:04 AM
On the long completion, the nearest defenders were Milloy and Fletcher. FLETCHER!

Someday someone explain to me the advantages of zone defense.

BAM
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Chambers is a 1st tier receiver in a career with horrible quarterbacks, IMO.

ryjam282
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Here are the official stats from the game EB.

1 Chambers, Chris (MIA) 25 (targets) 15 (catches) 60% (total percent) 218 (yardage) vs BUF (opponent) 1 (TD's)

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 12:12 PM
1 Chambers, Chris (MIA) 25 (targets) 15 (catches) 60% (total percent) 218 (yardage) vs BUF (opponent) 1 (TD's)

so he was thrown to 25 times?? unreal.

Phincinatti Phinz
12-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Chambers is a 1st tier receiver in a career with horrible quarterbacks, IMO.

Thank you sir.

But he is inconsistant. He's improving by a good amount as of late, and the drop stat is misleading because how many of those passes are uncatchable? Frerotte is by no means an accurate quarterback.

Btw - Evans is naaasty.

FinNasty23
12-05-2005, 12:59 PM

Chambers actually had 238 receiving yards...

But Sage is in love with Chambers... I dont know what these 2 do during "private time". I hope these 2 arent roommates! :funny:

but seriously... the chemistry they have on the field is unmatched by anyone else on our team, or by anyone else I have seen throw Chambers the ball... I dont even thing Sage looks for anyone else most the time. He just feeds Chambers... Vs. the Chiefs, Sage went 1/1 77 yards and a TD, to none other than Chambers...

But if Chambers is gunna put up numbers like he did vs. the Bills... I aint gunna complain...

Nasty

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Chambers actually had 238 receiving yards...

But Sage is in love with Chambers... I dont know what these 2 do during "private time". I hope these 2 arent roommates! :funny:

but seriously... the chemistry they have on the field is unmatched by anyone else on our team, or by anyone else I have seen throw Chambers the ball... I dont even thing Sage looks for anyone else most the time. He just feeds Chambers... Vs. the Chiefs, Sage went 1/1 77 yards and a TD, to none other than Chambers...

But if Chambers is gunna put up numbers like he did vs. the Bills... I aint gunna complain...

Nasty
no other team will be stupid enough to let the 'Fins throw to him 25 times!!

FinNasty23
12-05-2005, 01:05 PM
no other team will be stupid enough to let the 'Fins throw to him 25 times!!

I agree... I dont know if it was 25 times, but it was some where around that... and that is a lil rediculous...

dolphan117
12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
I heard the number was 27.

billsaretrash
12-05-2005, 02:32 PM

NO 1ST GUY GETS SHUTOUT THE WHOE GAME MOULDS

WCoastFin
12-05-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm not the biggest stat person unless it is fantasy football. But the numbers don't exactly lie. Chambers had 15 catches. CBS gave a stat that he had 7 drops. I know he was overthrown at least three times. That's at least 25 passes to Chambers. That's insane. The best receivers in the game don't get thrown to 25 times a game. Can you imagine Harrison getting 25 or more chances a game? Chambers is a second tier receiver, at best, and he made Clements look silly. Let mr. "playmaker" go. He isn't worth the contract he has this year.

In honor of Nate, I am having three pieces of toast for breakfast.

Just to point it out....

Chambers did not have 7 drops....that stat was a lie....the official site has him dropping 3 passes....and one of those passes (if you'll recall) was a high thrown ball in which he had to go get...which was reviewed by the Bills and eventually overturned...

Samphin1
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM

Actually, technically, Chambers is a top 15 WR from a pure stats standpoint. :peace:

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Just to point it out....

Chambers did not have 7 drops....that stat was a lie....the official site has him dropping 3 passes....and one of those passes (if you'll recall) was a high thrown ball in which he had to go get...which was reviewed by the Bills and eventually overturned...
the point was they threw to him more than 20 times!! (see smilie below because people are missing the point).

LtFinFan66
12-05-2005, 11:42 PM

Except he had 238 yards not 218
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD id=stat12><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=home align=left><TD class=home colSpan=5>RECEIVING</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD></TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>LG</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>C. Chambers (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235203)</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>238</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>57</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051204_BUF@MIA

WOW! I just realized we attempted 65 passes! That has to be a record for us even with Marino! EDIT: I looked it up, Marino attempted 60 and that was the record. But since it was two QB's, it won't matter but 65 passes...DAMN!!

mchurchfie
12-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Gray needs to go. He stood around like a deer in headlights watching his defense get throttled in the second half...absolutely no adjustments made to counter. Chambers should have been tripled covered if they had to do it. They made a journeyman QB look like an All-Pro. he was totally locked in on Chambers the whole time and he was never made to pay for it. This stupidity has to end sooner or later.

Philagape
12-06-2005, 11:50 AM
The D was playing loose the entire second half, including Miami's final drive. That's amateur. As for Chambers, Nate was either five or more yards off him, or there was a LB/safety zone combo. Nate could have done a better job, but Gray's schemes set him up to fail. Jerry Gray let Miami back in the game and win it. More Mularkey bonehead play-calling helped as well. I nominate this game for worst-coached Bills game ever.

Phincinatti Phinz
12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Gray needs to go. He stood around like a deer in headlights watching his defense get throttled in the second half...absolutely no adjustments made to counter. Chambers should have been tripled covered if they had to do it. They made a journeyman QB look like an All-Pro. he was totally locked in on Chambers the whole time and he was never made to pay for it. This stupidity has to end sooner or later.

I think the better term would be career backup. Rosenfels has been with us 90% of his career after we acquired him from the Skins.

Frerotte is a journeyman.

billsaretrash
12-06-2005, 02:37 PM
clements is overated

look at clememts stats where does he get all his picks ?

ferrote fielder lucas

now and clements was getting burned he was getting turned sideays the whole time by chambers

J TES
12-06-2005, 04:44 PM

Where do you people come up with these stats? 25 balls thrown at Chambers? The graffic during the game said 7 drops by DOLPHIN recievers not by Chambers himself. You guys must not have been able to read it with your eyes filled with tears.

TacklingDummy
12-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Was it Clements job to cover Chambers the whole game?

I know Greer was covering Chambers on the long Rec. and TD catches.

How many catches did Chambers have when Clements was covering him?

FinNasty23
12-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Was it Clements job to cover Chambers the whole game?

I know Greer was covering Chambers on the long Rec. and TD catches.

How many catches did Chambers have when Clements was covering him?
That would be interesting to know...

I know that we were moving Chambers around trying to get some mismatches... anyone got that stat?

billsaretrash
12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
he caught 12 or 13 vs clements

FinNasty23
12-07-2005, 09:26 PM
he caught 12 or 13 vs clements

wow... really? :funny: