PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cowher as the next GM/Coach of the Bills

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 11:14 AM
I think this would work. Yesterday was the nail in the coffin. Pittsburgh is on the slide down and Cincy is going to dominate that division for years (did I just really say that). I think it is time to lure Bill Cowher to Buffalo to take over this ship. He might just be the injection of toughness and determination that this team needs.

Devin
12-05-2005, 11:16 AM
I hate Cowher but id take him in a heart beat.

Every year his teams are ready to play and are always contenders.

helmetguy
12-05-2005, 11:20 AM
You mean, after a decade, he finally has some REAL competition in his (Cowher's) division. The guy has dumped three AFC Championships...IN HIS OWN YARD.

Dr. Lecter
12-05-2005, 11:21 AM
How often does a guy work out when given both jobs?

I can maybe see him in one of the roles, but not both.

THATHURMANATOR
12-05-2005, 11:26 AM
I haven't heard that his job is in danger. Pittsburgh loves cowher.

THATHURMANATOR
I haven't heard that his job is in danger. Pittsburgh loves cowher.

Italian Stallion
No way...that guy will coach in Pitty until he decides to retire. The fans, players and ownership all love him. Regardless if the Steelers make the dance or not, Cohwer stays right where he is

BAM
12-05-2005, 11:27 AM
I love Bill Cowher. His coaching attitude and constant control of his team is something we are lacking here in B-LO. I think he'd be a great head coach here and if TD does stay around, it's definitely a possibility. I don't see the Steelers getting rid of him just yet though.

JBrownFinFan
12-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I love Bill Cowher. His coaching attitude and constant control of his team is something we are lacking here in B-LO. I think he'd be a great head coach here and if TD does stay around, it's definitely a possibility. I don't see the Steelers getting rid of him just yet though.

Hey Cowher and Donahoe hate each other. There was a power struggle in Pgh and Dan Rooney had to choose between TD and Cowher. TD was shown the door. You should really know your facts before you post garbage like that. :lmao:

BAM
12-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the correction, jbrowneyefan. I do believe it could have been done in a more respectable manner, possibly without violating TOS though. Understandable though seeing just about all of your previous posts here are about the same.

Devin
12-05-2005, 11:46 AM
Fin fan :rolleyes:

BAM
12-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Mikey, you shouldn't have edited that. His posts should be used as examples of what not to do on a mesage board when trying to hold intelligent discussion and debate.

RedEyE
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
I like Cowher and his style. It's exactly what this team needs to get back on track. I don't, however, want to see him as managing this team and coaching it. Too much for one guy to handle.

Michael82
12-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Mikey, you shouldn't have edited that. His posts should be used as examples of what not to do on a mesage board when trying to hold intelligent discussion and debate.
I edited it because it was a personal attack. he's been warned.

BillsFever21
12-05-2005, 12:46 PM
You think Cowher will leave or get tosses out of Pittsburgh? :roflmao:

Even if he did I wouldn't give anybody both of them roles. Pittsburgh has been a good team who has looked better because of a cupcake division for a decade.

They would ride their way to the playoffs and sometimes a first round bye every year especially when they were in a 6 team division. They would play 10 division games against a bunch of bums and gurantee themselves 8-10 wins right there. They had an easy path to a first round bye and homefield advantage.

When they actually have a real team to contend with in their divison(Ravens and Bengals) they haven't done much of anything.

Not to mention losing a SB and an AFC Championship 3 TIMES AT HOME. Cowher will never win a championship there.

For many years they were either an average team who would make the playoffs because of a putrid division or a good team who would ride off of that division to an AFC Championship game only to lose.

There isn't any sense even talking about this because he will never be out of Pittsburgh anyway. He's been there what 13 years now? The Steelers have had two HC's in 36 years. The Rooney's won't fire him and he won't leave there.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
12-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Cowher is not going anywhere from Pittsburgh.

The Bills have already wasted 5 years w/Pittsburgh Steeler rejects (TD + MM). We need to stay away from Pittsburgh coaches and gms and find someone who knows how to turn this ship around.

Jeff1220
12-05-2005, 01:32 PM
If it were possible (it's not) I'd take Cowher in Buffalo.
Two HC in 36 years!
:sigh: The Bills have had as many in the past 3 years.
The Steelers have 4 SuperBowl victories.
The Bills have 4 SuperBowl losses.
The Steelers let TD go.
The Bills picked him up.
The Rooneys really know how to run a football team

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I'd love it but it ain't gonna happen.

dolphan117
12-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Dream on, there is no way he gets let go. Two coaches that could intrest you guys though are Brian Bilick and Mike Martz as both of them will probably be fired.

pats-were-right
12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Cowher?

King of "close but no cigar"?

Weren't the Super Bowl losses enough? You want some AFCC losses to go along with them?

ScottLawrence
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Cowher?
King of "close but no cigar"?
Weren't the Super Bowl losses enough? You want some AFCC losses to go along with them?

Exactly.

No thanks on Cowher...The guy gets outcoached every time in championship games.

Infact, Most pittsburgh fans want him out.

Novacane
12-05-2005, 06:00 PM
I want Marv Levy as GM

realdealryan
12-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Our quarterbacks coach nearly won a Super Bowl (Problem was the other team was the 49ers under Bill Walsh). Promotion? Could we do any worse?

dolphinssuck
12-05-2005, 06:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way We dont need to do any onside kicks to star the 2nd half!

realdealryan
12-05-2005, 06:38 PM
How about Joe Bugel?

JD
12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I would take Cowher but I do you really think they will let him go after this year?

MarvLevy
12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
y do we always have to get pittsburgh scraps to run our team? TD and MM

X-Era
12-05-2005, 07:48 PM
How often does a guy work out when given both jobs?

I can maybe see him in one of the roles, but not both.

Exactly where I was headed. The last might have been Jimmy Johnson and the Cowpokes.

BTW, even though I have been trained to despise the guy, I seriously would pay him just about anything to coach the Bills at this point.

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 07:57 PM
I'll take competetive every year...always worked for Landry...if not Cowher, who has a better solution?

ScottLawrence
12-05-2005, 08:26 PM
I'll take competetive every year...always worked for Landry...if not Cowher, who has a better solution?

Theres plenty of options out there for GM.

Ron Wolf-Former Packers GM, is reportedly looking to come back out of retirement.
Duke Tobin-Bengals director of player personal
Mark Kocnz- Panthers director of pro scouting
Les Snead-Falcons director or pro scouting
Tom Heckert- Eagles vice president of Pro Personnel.

DaBills
12-05-2005, 08:43 PM
If Td stays, I don't see BC coming here. Besides, I want a full-time coach, not half-GM, half-coach. I still prefer Jimmy Johnson. But, that ain't gonna happen.

Tonight on ESPN, Mortenson ran down some coaching possibilites next year and two possibilities he threw out were 1) Pete Carrol may be trying to come back to the NFL and 2) Dan Reeves says he's still able to coach and wants to come back.

Scarier still was that he said Greg Williams is going to be looked at by teams for another HC shot.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

:afro:

ZacGriffi~82
12-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Are you guys kidding me?

This post is insanity.

Cowher is Mularkey Senior. He is a loser. Pittsburgh loves Cowher? You pulled that out of your ass. They hate him. Their superbowl is the division championship and now they won't even win that because they actually have competition. He chokes in the big game.

You guys complain about Donahoe bringing his cronies here, this would be THE EXACT SAME THING.

Do you realize how rediculous you sound?

ZacGriffi~82
12-05-2005, 09:04 PM

Actually now that you say it, he would be a perfect fit. A tradition of not winning anything.

Instead choking during the season we choke in the playoffs. But hey! We made the playoffs!

J TES
12-06-2005, 04:46 PM
I think this would work. Yesterday was the nail in the coffin. Pittsburgh is on the slide down and Cincy is going to dominate that division for years (did I just really say that). I think it is time to lure Bill Cowher to Buffalo to take over this ship. He might just be the injection of toughness and determination that this team needs.
Yeah Cowher is going to leave Pittsburgh to coach the Bills....Genius:lmao: