PDA

View Full Version : Looking to the Offseason....

Mahdi
12-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Ok so this season is over, so what do we need in order to be successful in '06? And im basing this on the fact that we are not rebuilding. This team has a good core of players and young bunch of guys on offense who are up and coming. I'm also not considering firing TD and MM. If TD goes I dont care but I want to see what MM can do with the right players. Bottom line, you cant win games if your weaknesses are the O-line and D-line. It has never happened, never will. So what needs to happen.

1) Let Clements go if he is asking top dollar, I would rather have 2 top notch O-linemen.

2) To replace him we can pickup Charles Woodson who shouldnt command as much considering his age and injuries as of late. If not we go after Will Allen or a corner of similar ability who wont ask for a huge contract.

3) Draft a LT with our first draft pick. I would much rather have an athletic tackle like D'Brickashaw Ferguson from Virginia. I watched him play against Tech and although they got killed he did not allow anyone within 5 yards of Marques Hagans.

4) Sign either a top notch center or G. ie. LeCharles Bentley or Steve Hutchinson. And either put Gandy at LG or Preston at C.

5) Release Moulds. I would love to keep him as a posession receiver but I dont think he likes the idea, as shown on sunday. Maybe Reggie Wayne if he isnt asking for too big of a contract. THat would make our Miami count on offense 4.
If not find a big posession receiver with good hands.

6) Draft a DT to play along side Sam Adams. There should be one available with our second pick.

7) Release Posey. Go with Crowell. He is more of a playmaker neway.

8) Keep Vincent and Milloy they are not the problem. Vincent can be a good safety and Milloy already is .

9) Hope that Kevin Everett is the receiving threat he was drafted to be. Otherwise, we will be stuck with sub-par TE play once again.

10) Draft a MLB and a S to take over for Fletcher and Milloy and/or Vincent.

11) At this point I have no idea whether or not Jerry Gray is a good DC or not. So I'll leave that one up in the air.

12) Is Chris Villarial good or not?....I cant seem to be able to figure out if he's part of the problem or not. Maybe some of you guys can clarify.

13) I havent discussed DE because I think with an improvement at DT Kelsay will be more of a factor, however I would still draft a DE on the first day.

And if many of you still feel that next year is a rebuilding year, just look at the Chargers. 4-12 to 12-4, the Giants 6-10 to leading their division at 8-4, Dallas and Washington were also 6-10 and Chicago 5-11 and so on. There is a bright side to this.

That's all i can think of for now. Comments?