PDA

View Full Version : With the 5th pick in the first round, bills choose

Bufftp
12-05-2005, 01:40 PM
With the 5th pick in the first round, bills choose out of
the University of Pittsburgh (cardiac transplant center)

a Heart.

Jeff1220
12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
:lmao: Now that's addressing a need!

X-Era
12-05-2005, 01:51 PM

a Heart.

That would be great if we actually were going to pick that high. But it wont be higher than 7.

Mr. Miyagi
12-05-2005, 01:54 PM
I thought you were going to say Pepsi Machine.

"Machine! Machine! Machine!"

dolphan117
12-05-2005, 01:56 PM
As long as you guys dont get Bush I will be happy.

Devin
12-05-2005, 01:57 PM
I dont think there is any worry of that happening.

Captain gameboy
12-05-2005, 01:59 PM
D’Brickashaw Ferguson.

dolphan117
12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
What is the thought around here on your need for a rb? Or are you still happy with what you have?

dannyek71
12-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Im not extremly happy with willis, but this team has pressing need at 21 other posistions before we address rb

camelcowboy
12-05-2005, 02:04 PM
What is the thought around here on your need for a rb? Or are you still happy with what you have?

No they expect Wills to be superman, and overcome a ****ty o-line, a coaching staff that refuses to use him, and a defence that can't get off the field.

dolphan117
12-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Well Dolphins fans know what a bad line can do to a great back.......

Edit-And bad coaching.

Ebenezer
12-05-2005, 02:44 PM
I'd trade Willis to Houston for the #1 and the rights to Bush.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 03:10 PM
With the 7th pick of the 2006 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select from the Uiversity of Texas, Quarterback Vince Young.

Will the Texans keep the #1 pick? They already have a RB and a QB or are they gonna give up on them and draft Leinart or Bush?

SquishDaFish
12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
We will not be drafting a QB on 1st round I guarantee that.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 07:17 PM

If your talking Willis and our #7-12 or so, I say HELL ya! Lets get er done!

X-Era
12-05-2005, 07:19 PM
We will not be drafting a QB on 1st round I guarantee that.

Dont feed into it, the guy is in a world that the time-space thingy wont allow us to travel to.

Gotta love his guts though.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
If your talking Willis and our #7-12 or so, I say HELL ya! Lets get er done!

Never gonna happen. Houston has a good running back in Davis. I can't see Houston holding on to that pick. They don't need a RB or a QB so it should be interesting to see what they do if in fact they do get the #1 pick. The Jets and Packers have a good shot at getting the #1 pick also.

The Jets and Packers could both use Bush.

The Jets need a QB also.

I can't wait till the draft, its gonna be exciting to see what the top 5 picks come out to be.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 07:27 PM
Never gonna happen. Houston has a good running back in Davis. I can't see Houston holding on to that pick. They don't need a RB or a QB so it should be interesting to see what they do if in fact they do get the #1 pick. The Jets and Packers have a good shot at getting the #1 pick also.

The Jets and Packers could both use Bush.

The Jets need a QB also.

I can't wait till the draft, its gonna be exciting to see what the top 5 picks come out to be.

Just out of a morbid curiosity after a long night of drinking, exactly who DO you root for?

I mean especially considering we wont have a top 5 pick?

Have you simply made a monumental blunder and registered for the wrong message board?

Im waiting for some sign of a positive outlook rather than the endless barage of lugubrious wallowing.

Waiting......waiting.....

X-Era
12-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Just out of a morbid curiosity after a long night of drinking, exactly who DO you root for?

Have you simply made a monumental blunder and registered for the wrong message board?

Im waiting for some sign of a positive outlook rather than the endless barage of lugubrious wallowing.

By the way, the #7 pick and Willis would easily get this trade done, but TD would never do it. Hopefully we get a GM with the balls and foresight to make a big move like that to tip the scales in our favor.

Houston could easily still land a stud defensive player or a bigtime o-lineman prospect.

FinFan
12-05-2005, 07:31 PM
I think Houston will trade down to 4-5 and take the Brick. They REALLY need an offensive line.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 07:33 PM

I root for the Bills. I think this team was a good QB away from winning atleast 4 maybe 5 more games then they have so far this year. Letting Pat Williams walk was another big mistake this year also.

There hasn't been many positives to look at since TD got hired. Besides the special teams.

With a 4-12 record the Bills should get a top 5 pick. But I think the Jets will have something to lose for the last game of the year and the Bills will win that game.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
By the way, the #7 pick and Willis would easily get this trade done, but TD would never do it..

Why would Houston trade a #1 pick away for Willis when they already have Dominck Davis?

Unless they plan on trading Davis also.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 07:39 PM
I think there be a better shot at getting Houston's first pick for the Bills #1 and Mike Williams and a 3rd rounder.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 07:40 PM
I root for the Bills. I think this team was a good QB away from winning atleast 4 maybe 5 more games then they have so far this year. Letting Pat Williams walk was another big mistake this year also.

There hasn't been many positives to look at since TD got hired. Besides the special teams.

With a 4-12 record the Bills should get a top 5 pick. But I think the Jets will have something to lose for the last game of the year and the Bills will win that game.

I agree on your assessment of TD, but your wrong on the QB situation. I only hope your willing to admit your error a few years from now when JP is one of the best QB's in the league. It takes a very big man to admit when they are wrong, Im more than willing to fess a big fat I was worng in say 2 years on JP if Im off the mark, are you?

Anyways, your not looking at the records and the remaining schedules, check out my post from yesterday on this:

Looking at the remaing schedules, this is the likely final records, NO I wont go through all the remaining opponents stacked by worts to best final records:

1) Houston- 2 and 14 or 3 and 13, likely to be Reggie Bush
2) San Fran- 3 and 13 or 4 and 12,a question mark, maybe D'Brickshaw Ferguson, they have Smith afterall.
3) NYJ- 3 and 13 or 4 and 12, Leinhart with Pennington being so injury prone.
4) New Orleans- 4 and 12, Who knows who they take
5) Green Bay- 4 and 12, Who knows who they take
6) Ten- 4 and 12 or 5 and 11
7- 10) All teams likely to have 5-11 records, Oak, Det, Ari, and Buff.

I didnt post the remaining sched's, lazy I guess, you can check it out, I think my assessment is fair.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Why would Houston trade a #1 pick away for Willis when they already have Dominck Davis?

Unless they plan on trading Davis also.

Lets see, what exactly HAVE they gotten out of Davis this year?

Henry, a proven RB, only gets a 3rd rounder. We would be fessing a proven RB like Willis AND the 7th pick overall AND they get to keep Davis if they choose to, HMMMM. Not a hard one. Hell they could turn around and trade Willis again for another pick, and they STILL have Davis.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Of course I'll admitt im wrong about JP if in a few years he does in fact become a good QB. But he needs to get a haircut along with that.

I don't see the Jets winning another game this year. They should end up 2-14.

I can see Houston winning maybe 2 more games this year, they do have 2 crappy teams left on their schedule, SF, Tenn., Arizona. So that would make them 3-13 and the Jets would get the #1 pick.

And Green Bay should beat the Lions and maybe Balitmore.

Im not sure how tie breakers work but I think its gonna be

1) Jets 2-14
2) Green Bay 3-13
2) Houston (not sure who has the tie breaker with identical records) 3-13
4) SF
5) A bunch of teams that are 5-11, with the Bills being one of them. Not sure how tie breaker goes on that either.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Lets see, what exactly HAVE they gotten out of Davis this year?

Henry, a proven RB, only gets a 3rd rounder. We would be fessing a proven RB like Willis AND the 7th pick overall AND they get to keep Davis if they choose to, HMMMM. Not a hard one. Hell they could turn around and trade Willis again for another pick, and they STILL have Davis.

According to the Media the Texans need a O-line. That's why I think we have a better shot at getting their #1 pick for Mike Williams, our #1 and a 3. Plus Willimas would be back in Texas.

Trading for Willis and then trading Willis would make no sense.

I'd love to see Bush in Buffalo instead of Willis also. But trading Willis to Houston won't happen.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 08:02 PM
According to the Media the Texans need a O-line. That's why I think we have a better shot at getting their #1 pick for Mike Williams, our #1 and a 3. Plus Willimas would be back in Texas.

Trading for Willis and then trading Willis would make no sense.

I'd love to see Bush in Buffalo instead of Willis also. But trading Willis to Houston won't happen.

They are trading out of a #1 spot, getting a 3rd rounder, and bringing on a HUGE salary fpr a player that cant even crack our starting lineup. Why do they do that?

I see them taking Moulds before Williams or maybe a franchised Clements.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 08:08 PM
They are trading out of a #1 spot, getting a 3rd rounder, and bringing on a HUGE salary fpr a player that cant even crack our starting lineup. Why do they do that?

A 3rd rounder, Mike Williams and our 1st rounder.

They traded for Tony Boselli (However it spelled) during the expansion draft and He made a ton of money and never played a down for them.

Just because Mike Williams sucks here doesn't mean he would suck somewhere else with different coaching.

X-Era
12-05-2005, 08:18 PM
A 3rd rounder, Mike Williams and our 1st rounder.

They traded for Tony Boselli (However it spelled) during the expansion draft and He made a ton of money and never played a down for them.

Just because Mike Williams sucks here doesn't mean he would suck somewhere else with different coaching.

Maybe your right but he also has doen a big flaming pile of jack sh_t so far so why is worthy of anything especially a huge contract?

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Maybe your right but he also has doen a big flaming pile of jack sh_t so far so why is worthy of anything especially a huge contract?

Ok how about Eric Moulds, Mike Williams and our 1st rounder for the Texans 1st pick, if in fact they get the 1st pick.

It could be the coaching that has made Mike Williams a bum.

clumping platelets
12-06-2005, 12:48 AM

Thanks for posting my idea :shakeno:

mysticsoto
12-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Thanks for posting my idea :shakeno:

Doesn't anyone think we need a DT like Haloti Ngata more than anything? Bush would be great, but Willis is certainly capable. We absolutely cannot afford to lose Sam Adams and not have a huge replacement/upgrade to what we currently have...

We do need Oline too but since the draft is full of OTs we can draft a OT/OG tweener maybe and also try for one in FA who already has experience. Fixing the Oline and Dline needs to be our priority. Not getting another RB...

Oh...and maybe a WR to replace Moulds with.

Gunzlingr
12-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Davis seems to have injury issues every year. not that I want to see them trade willis.

gr8slayer
12-06-2005, 09:55 AM
I dont care what we do with our pick as long as it involves a freaking OL.

billsburgh
12-06-2005, 09:59 AM

a Heart.
that's where I work. dont you think they should get a heart from somewhere else? we dont need another pittsburgh reject.