PDA

View Full Version : Better Headcoach: Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey?

SkapePhin
12-05-2005, 03:05 PM
I am just curious, which Bills coach do you think was/is a better coach? It seems alot of people detest Mularkey now, and I must say that he reminds me of a poor man's Offensive-Minded version of Dave Wannestedt, but I remember alot of people completely disgusted during the end of Gregg Williams tenure as well..

It seems that Gregg Williams may be repairing his rep over in Washington and might be a favorite for several HC positions in the offseason..

So, would you prefer to still have Williams instead of Mularkey? Especially if TD would have left and Williams were retained with a new GM?

justasportsfan
12-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Mularkey knows how to pick his assistants. He is horrible at leading at team. Too laid back for a HC.

Greg was all about college teachers for assistants.

Don't know who's worse yet.

Devin
12-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Tough question, part of Williams problem was the coaching staff he built.

I dont know how he was dicipline wise, But I dont remember being AS frustrated with the play calling. It was pretty bad though.

This is kinda like choosing who sucks the least.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2005, 03:12 PM
They both suck.

Wade Phillips should have never of been let go.

SkapePhin
12-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Tough question, part of Williams problem was the coaching staff he built.

I dont know how he was dicipline wise, But I dont remember being AS frustrated with the play calling. It was pretty bad though.

This is kinda like choosing who sucks the least.

I noticed in your sig that you are a LSU fan.. If you dont mind sharing, what is your opinion of Saban? Do you think he will be a good NFL coach longterm?

Devin
12-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Tough call, Saban was huge down here everyone loved him. Not just for his record but because of the type of coach he is/was.

I think there is some skepticism because a lot of coaches just seem to be College OR Pro, not both. Pete Carroll, Spurrier.....etc.

Honestly it has nothing to do with Miami, I think Saban is a better college coach. I think Linehan is going to be a superb coach for you guys and eventually your head coach.

SkapePhin
12-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Tough call, Saban was huge down here everyone loved him. Not just for his record but because of the type of coach he is/was.

I think there is some skepticism because a lot of coaches just seem to be College OR Pro, not both. Pete Carroll, Spurrier.....etc.

Honestly it has nothing to do with Miami, I think Saban is a better college coach. I think Linehan is going to be a superb coach for you guys and eventually your head coach.

Lol.. Thats interesting considering most Miami fans hate Linehan now because of his kooky playcalling..

Anyway, I doubt Linehan sticks around that long.. Saban will be in Miami for at least 6 more years imo.. Linehan, if successful, will be a headcoach for some other team by that time.

footballhottie
12-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Greg might suck but his son rocks :up:

don137
12-05-2005, 04:18 PM
That's like asking who is more attractive Janet Reno or Madilyn Albright.

FinsAreLife
12-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Lol.. Thats interesting considering most Miami fans hate Linehan now because of his kooky playcalling..

Anyway, I doubt Linehan sticks around that long.. Saban will be in Miami for at least 6 more years imo.. Linehan, if successful, will be a headcoach for some other team by that time.

you dont know that linehan will be, he doesnt seem to "well liked" at this time, but i think by that time he probably will be....

FinsAreLife
12-05-2005, 04:33 PM
They both suck.

Wade Phillips should have never of been let go.

cant argue with that one....

PhinFan99
12-05-2005, 04:53 PM
from a dolphins fan standpoint, Gregg Williams. He has done wonders with washingtons defense

Mike Schopp
12-05-2005, 05:04 PM
I thought this read "Bigger Headache..." till a moment ago. Maybe that's what it should read.

Right now I'd take Williams over Mularkey. I don't like Mularkey's attitude at all, so I can't imagine he's any kind of leader for his players in the locker room. The slow start to seasons, the home and away differences, and the lack of killer instinct all speak to Mularkey's ineptness as a leader. Theres no way he grinds it out preparing and game planing for upcoming opponents. I tend to think Mularkey is just there becuase he looks the part while Donahue can run things. Hell I think he looks like Hayden Fox(Craig T. Nelson) from that show Coach. The irony is maybe that actor would be a better leader.

I don't think he has what it takes(the experience) to be a head coach so he's not given enough control. Why would he make those comments earlier in the week about Willis realizing his importance if he isn't callling plays on offense and calling to run the ball on 1st & goal on the 3.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Dog s**t or horse s**t. Both stink.

Novacane
12-05-2005, 08:12 PM
At least GW had good defenses which was his area of expertise. Mularkeys offense sucks