X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Good Moves by TD in his tenure here

OK, before you start to bash me and call me a TD lover, let me set the record straight:

I think it's time to move on. Sometimes, no matter who you bring in as a GM, no matter how hard you try, things just don't work out. I think it's best for both parties, at this point, to move on. His ultimate demise might be his poor coaching choices, and his lack of attention to the O-line.

Now, that being said, here's some smart things TD has done for Buffalo:

--Re-signing Schobel. He's one of the most consistent players on Defense, always seems to have 10 sacks, and although he's not an elite DE, he's steady, works hard, and seems to get better each season. Good job on this one Tom.

---Trading Peerless Price. He's been a nothing since he left Buffalo, and his price tag was way too high for the Bills to swallow. Good job here too.

---Signing Takeo Spikes. How Cincinatti let him get away, I'll never know, another great move by TD.

----Getting London Fletcher. Undersized, Sam Mills like MLB, who is a tackling machine. Some consider him the heart and soul of this D, I wouldn't argue that.

---Re-signing McGee. This might prove to be his best move yet. McGee is improving as a corner, and remains the best KR in the NFL. Another good move TD.

Other moves that are over looked, from this past off-season:

Not signing LJ Shelton---he's a bum.

Not signing OG Rick DeMulling--- He's been a bust for the Lions so far, he lost his starting job in week 6. Would've been a huge waste of $$$. TD actually knew what he was doing in this case.

Not re-signing Jonas Jennings--- He hasn't seen the field for the 49ers, had season ending surgery before the season even started. Can't say anyone with half a brain couldn't see this coming.

Despite popular belief, Tom has made some very good decisions, unfortunately, he's also made some poor ones, but that's for another thread.
Working...
X