PDA

View Full Version : Draft Scuttlebutt 1/19

MelK
01-19-2003, 08:26 AM
The most interesting rumor I have heard this week is the Bears may trade their first round pick and a second round pick to Washington for Patrick Ramsey, and their first round pick. If this happens I could see Washington trading both of their second round picks to move up in the draft to take former Florida Gator Rex Grossman. I think the number four pick would be too high for Rex. If this does not happen I could see the Bears taking Kyle Boller in the second round.

The Lions may trade down in the draft for a running back like Lee Suggs, or Onterrio Smith. James Stewart will receive a $25,000 bonus on March 1st, plus the Lions don’t think James fits their system. If the Lions do take a RB in the first round they would consider Brandon Lloyd, and Anquan Boldin in the 2nd round. There is still a very strong possibility the Lions will take Charles Rodgers in the first round

Look for the Chiefs to look for a DE with one of their first day picks. I also hear the Chiefs may strictly draft defense in the draft.

Texas QB Chris Simms has had a solid Senior Bowl. There has been some speculation that he could go to Dallas, although I don’t see them taking him with their first round pick.

The Saints may try and get rid of OT Kyle Turley. He has been critical of QB Aaron Brooks in the past. I have heard the Texans and Chargers may be possibilities. Speaking of the Texas they are looking to trade down from the number three pick.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/nnn1303.htm