PDA

View Full Version : Could it be?

Drive 4 Five
12-05-2005, 07:25 PM
I apologize if this has already been posted. Oh what the hell, even if it has, it is definitely worth posting twice or even multiple times. I was just watching Monday Night Countdown and Mort Anderson said there is talk that Ralph Wilson is going to fire Tom Donahoe. Now I know you can't always believe what you hear in the media, and it is ESPN we're talking about but that was music to my ears.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Drive 4 Five
12-05-2005, 07:38 PM
I also have to say that I am a little disappointed with you ladies and gents up in Orchard Park. Why? Well did any of you see the fan in Detroit (where banners are prohibited), running through the seats/stands with the words, "Fire Millen"? It was great. Needless to say he was eventually tackled by security and tossed out of the stadium but to him, I am sure it was a small price to pay.

So why werent any of you doing the same? Or were you? You damn well should.

Mudflap1
12-05-2005, 07:43 PM
I assume you really meant Chris Mortensen, not Morten Andersen, the retired kicker from Denmark (that really would've been an interesting scoop!).

Nevertheless, this is good news. The only thing I would qualify it with is, "why is Ralph even waiting this long?" There are a couple of logical reasons...

1. Ralph just woke up from his nap;

2. Ralph is just finishing his metamucil and oatmeal supper;

3. Ralph just got finished watching re-runs of "Matlock";

4. Ralph is about to begin knitting class and wanted to leak the announcement, or;

5. Ralph is waiting for Monday Night Bingo to begin.

Get to it Ralph!

Jon

X-Era
12-05-2005, 07:45 PM
I apologize if this has already been posted. Oh what the hell, even if it has, it is definitely worth posting twice or even multiple times. I was just watching Monday Night Countdown and Mort Anderson said there is talk that Ralph Wilson is going to fire Tom Donahoe. Now I know you can't always believe what you hear in the media, and it is ESPN we're talking about but that was music to my ears.

Just thought you'd like to know.

I dont know if hes got new info or is just parroting the Buff News article thats been posted. Either way, it isnt just the fans that see what needs to happen and Ralph probably reads the papers still albeit through Hubble telescope thick glasses.

JJamezz
12-05-2005, 08:40 PM
I assume you really meant Chris Mortensen, not Morten Andersen, the retired kicker from Denmark (that really would've been an interesting scoop!).

:lmao:

I didn't even catch that 'til you said it...

Anyway - Mort is about the only guy I put any stock in anymore, and the likelihood that he's going on only the Buffalo News article is highly unlikely IMO.. So this is indeed very good news.

At this point I think its irreparable, and I don't see any way TD slips back into Ralph's good graces in the next 4 weeks - BUT - boy, would it make me feel better if it happened before then. It won't, because Ralph likes TD, and as far as we know gets along with him, but it'd sure be nice.........

jpdex12
12-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Don't forget, ESPN was right about Mooch as well! :pray:

X-Era
12-05-2005, 08:55 PM

I didn't even catch that 'til you said it...

Anyway - Mort is about the only guy I put any stock in anymore, and the likelihood that he's going on only the Buffalo News article is highly unlikely IMO.. So this is indeed very good news.

At this point I think its irreparable, and I don't see any way TD slips back into Ralph's good graces in the next 4 weeks - BUT - boy, would it make me feel better if it happened before then. It won't, because Ralph likes TD, and as far as we know gets along with him, but it'd sure be nice.........

How in the fug did you find a pic of Flava with a Bills clock?

My wife says I got mad IE skills but damn.

Devin
12-05-2005, 08:56 PM
:pray: please lord dont play with my emotions, im entirely<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> to fragile.

DynaPaul
12-05-2005, 09:00 PM
I cannot possibly see how Donahoe could keep his job after this season and ZERO playoff appearances during his watch. Yeah, SOME mastermind HE is!

RedEyE
12-05-2005, 09:32 PM
If Mort said it, then he most likely he got it from a reliable source. I imagine what he says is true and that certainly plants a smile on my face.

Devin
12-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Op is gonna cream when he sees this.

Nublar7
12-05-2005, 09:44 PM

Just thought you'd like to know.oh man, I really like Tom Donahoe.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-05-2005, 09:50 PM
please make it true.

I want it to happen now not at the end of the season!

Drive 4 Five
12-05-2005, 09:53 PM
:pray: please lord dont play with my emotions, im entirely<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> to fragile.

:nervous:

Drive 4 Five
12-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Mort Anderson. I obviously was WAY WAY excited. Sounds alot better coming from Chris Mortenson doesn't it?

Nublar7
12-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Not a very reliable source, but PFT is talking about it:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Drive 4 Five
12-05-2005, 09:55 PM
oh man, I really like Tom Donahoe.

Well looks like he may be looking for a job soon. Then he will be all yours.

:bad:

Drive 4 Five
12-05-2005, 10:02 PM

Nevertheless, this is good news. The only thing I would qualify it with is, "why is Ralph even waiting this long?" There are a couple of logical reasons...

1. Ralph just woke up from his nap;

2. Ralph is just finishing his metamucil and oatmeal supper;

3. Ralph just got finished watching re-runs of "Matlock";

4. Ralph is about to begin knitting class and wanted to leak the announcement, or;

5. Ralph is waiting for Monday Night Bingo to begin.

Get to it Ralph!

Jon

Right? F**k watching the Price Is Right, fire that bastard now!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-05-2005, 10:04 PM
that article also claims we will keep tom modrak and bring in haslett!?

Crap!
Just what we need more of the same in managment and a coach who has built a constant underacheving giant in NO!

God I hope that part is not true!

ScottLawrence
12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Considering on how bad the Bills are playing, and how tough there schedule is the rest of the way.(With the exception of the jets in week 17.)

The best this team goes is 5-11.

Stick a fork in Donahoe, hes done.

Devin
12-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I have a new reason to live.

Mudflap1
12-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Right? F**k watching the Price Is Right, fire that bastard now!

Jon

Italian Stallion
12-05-2005, 11:33 PM
If TD goes the coach prolly will as well.....although if Ralph dosn't wanna eat the rest of MM's salary, he could try to convince the new GM to keep him on as coach

I gotta believe though, any new GM that comes on board is gonna wanna hand pick their own staff from scratch.

Demon
12-05-2005, 11:33 PM
If it was Tom Jackson, Micheal Irvin or Sean Salsberry reporting it, i'd be sketched out, but Mort seems like a guy who's in the know.

And this isn't the first time he is reporting something about Wilson, remember couple years back when Gregg Williams had Travis Henry throw on the goal line @ Miami and he threw a INT, Mort reported that night that Wilson got so mad he told GW to stopped the tricky plays, and well, it was true! lol

So maybe Mort knows someone close to Wilson.... please be true!

Demon
12-05-2005, 11:34 PM
If TD goes the coach prolly will as well.....although if Ralph dosn't wanna eat the rest of MM's salary, he could try to convince the new GM to keep him on as coach
I gotta believe though, any new GM that comes on board is gonna wanna hand pick their own staff from scratch.

Only GM that would agree to those kind of terms would be a unproven GM who would do anything to land a job.... i doubt Wilson is messing around anymore.

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Oh this is good news indeed. VERY good news. :up:

The_Philster
12-06-2005, 05:09 AM
Not to shoot down everyone's hopes, but Mortenson is also the guy who predicted that Jim Kelly would go to Pittsburgh after the 96 season...so he has a good track record, but not infallible.

As far as the signs, a guy 2 rows ahead of me had a sign taken away from him that was anti-TD at the last game.

Gunzlingr
12-06-2005, 08:11 AM
How in the fug did you find a pic of Flava with a Bills clock?

My wife says I got mad IE skills but damn.

I think he made it with photoshop. YEAH BOYEEEEEEE!

Kerr
12-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Mort is a good source. I hope he's on to something.

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2005, 12:50 PM

Oh he'll eat it. I doubt it is very much which is part of the problem right there. If you want a good coach, you're going to have to pay up and pay big time. Don't be a cheap ass.

Pay up, because in the era of salary caps, free agency, and selfish selfish players, it is imperative to have a great teacher given the percentage of young players likely top start on your team.

Drive 4 Five
12-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Not to shoot down everyone's hopes, but Mortenson is also the guy who predicted that Jim Kelly would go to Pittsburgh after the 96 season...so he has a good track record, but not infallible.

As far as the signs, a guy 2 rows ahead of me had a sign taken away from him that was anti-TD at the last game.

Right but didn't Kelly himself say that he was considering the move? In that case I think that was more Jimbo changing his mind than Mortimer being wrong.

Next time you see that fan, you give him a big as hug for us down in New Mexico. Cause if I could go to the games, I sure as hell would have had a banner. Mad props. If you get his address, I'll even fed ex him some frozen red and green chile for X-Mas!