PDA

View Full Version : PFT: "Mularkey, Donahoe Done in Buffalo?

Captain Obvious
12-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't give a **** if PFT is the National Enquirer of the NFL. They correctly predicted the veterans wanted JP benched, and MM would make the move to Holcomb BEFORE the NO game and it turns out they were right. There saying the same things Chris Mortensen said on Monday night football. Now the million dollar question. Do Bills fans want Tom Modrak gone too, or are they OK if takes over the reins of the Bills Front Office? What about PFTs suggestion if Jim Haslett is fired in NO, he would come to Buffalo and coach the Bills?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-05-2005, 10:11 PM
no modrak and no haslett!

Modrak is part of the current usless admin.
and haslett has built a giant looser in NO!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-05-2005, 10:13 PM
throw alot of money at the NE guy and get him here!

Devin
12-05-2005, 10:16 PM
"The NE guy" ?

Turf
12-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Clean house. Keep the O line coach and Bobby April.

Devin
12-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Yeah that would be my only worry, if April was released. If I were Ralph id extend him and make him the highest paid ST coach.

Captain Obvious
12-05-2005, 10:26 PM
The "NE guy" is Scott Pioli. Isn't he in the last year of his contract? Not that it matters, getting Pioli in Buffalo is a pipe dream.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-05-2005, 10:28 PM
The "NE guy" is Scott Pioli. Isn't he in the last year of his contract? Not that it matters, getting Pioli in Buffalo is a pipe dream.

why a pipe dream?

Captain Obvious
12-05-2005, 10:33 PM
why a pipe dream?

Because, it would cost mucho dinero to bring him to Buffalo. And Pioli would wan the same powers as Donahoe. Bob Kraft would probably make a huge effort to retain him, if he is in the last year of his contract.

OpIv37
12-05-2005, 10:34 PM
I think Pioli renewed with NE.

clumping platelets
12-05-2005, 10:34 PM
I would be willing to give Jim Haslett a chance

Why?

At least he has HC experience, which is different from the last 2 we've had

I would even consider bringing back Wade Phillips

This organization needs to rebuild something with us, the fans......as well as on the field. Bold moves are absolutely necessary and are expected by most of us

Captain Obvious
12-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I think Pioli renewed with NE.

I guess we can cross Pioli off the list.

OpIv37
12-05-2005, 10:55 PM
I could be wrong- I just tried to find a link and didn't come up with anything
I'll look tomorrow.

Demon
12-05-2005, 11:05 PM
I still don't believe it, but i pray it happens.

Mudflap1
12-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Ron Wolf -- built the Green Bay Packers. Small town guy, cold weather, smash-mouth attitude, and brings in real coaching talent. Recently said he wants to get back into the game.

Jon

Ickybaluky
12-06-2005, 05:22 AM
Pioli did sign an extension with the Patriots. Here is a link (http://www.bostonsportsdaily.com/archives/46). Before he signed it, his contract was scheduled to run out after the 2006 season.

Technically, Pioli could still be signed by another team, if the position were as GM with complete control of football operation (an upgrade, since Belichick has final say in NE). However, in the past he has said will honor his contractual obligations with NE. For instance, after last season he turned down an offer of $3M per season to take over the Seahawks football operations as GM. The offer would have made him the highest-paid GM in the NFL. He signed his extension with the Pats shortly after that.

Yasgur's Farm
12-06-2005, 06:28 AM
DITKA!

BillsFever21
12-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Too bad the source is PFT. I hope their right though.

The Spaz
12-06-2005, 08:02 AM
This my posts with "PFT" as the source!?:shakeno:

Gunzlingr
12-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Wolf for GM.

Jeff1220
12-06-2005, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't be completely opposed to Haslett, though he wouldn't necessarily be my first choice. NO is his first HC job and he's made them better than they were when he took them over - he took them to the playoffs in his first season as HC and has had them in the hunt most other years. Before JH the words "playoffs" and "Saints" would never have been uttered in the same sentence. Many coaches use those first HC jobs as learning experiences. I also wonder how many of NO's struggles are a result of crappy management and ownership. GM duties there have been unstable during Haslett's tenure and we all know that Benson is a complete wacko.

gr8slayer
12-06-2005, 10:00 AM
What an exciting offseason this will be if they both get the boot.

Kerr
12-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Ron Wolf -- built the Green Bay Packers. Small town guy, cold weather, smash-mouth attitude, and brings in real coaching talent. Recently said he wants to get back into the game.

Jon

:up:

Ebenezer
12-06-2005, 12:35 PM
the right man for the head coaching job was Charlie Weis...

Novacane
12-06-2005, 01:33 PM

no ****! How could TD not have seen that? He'd have saved his job if he had hired him

Das_Bills
12-06-2005, 01:45 PM
I do remember hearing the Marv wanted to come back. I would not make him headcoach but he would fill TD with no problem. If Marv comes back to buffalo we all know for a fact that things will change for the better.

camelcowboy
12-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Weiss wouldn't have been a puppet that TD could control. Td was so paranoid from the Cowart ordeal in Pittsburg every coach he has hired have been spinless.

Bill Brasky
12-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Yeah that would be my only worry, if April was released. If I were Ralph id extend him and make him the highest paid ST coach.
Fire TD, Mularkey, and the entire staff sans Wyche and April.

If Ralph has enough guts to do that before the end of the season after we get embarrassed by NE, Cincy, and Denver in the coming weeks, promote Wyche as interim head coach.

Make a run at Ron Wolf for GM.

As I see it, here are possible current NFL coaches that could become available in the offseason:

Probable goners or already on the hot seat:
Brian Billick
Jim Haslett
Mike Sherman
Mike Martz (def available)
Steven Mariucci (available)
Dom Capers (will be fired)
Norv Turner

Could potentially be let go if teams crash and burn in the playoffs or fail to make playoffs:
Bill Cowher
Dick Vermeil
Mike Shannahan
Mike Tice

Mudflap1
12-06-2005, 03:54 PM
I think everyone here is a little scared of taking a first time head coach, and rightfully so. However, I don't think the answer is to necessarily bring in a retread fired/let go/quitter of a head coach that didn't pan out somewhere else. The key is the GM. If we get a guy like Wolf, he needs to be no-nonsense (and Wolf is). Someone who is competitive and power hungry, but someone who also realizes that he must bring in a head coach who is equally as competitive and hungry. That guy may be someone like Ron Rivera or Brad Childress, someone who doesn't have current head coaching experience. I just want a GM who is a REAL personnel guy, who is committed to winning, and who will choose the RIGHT coach because he knows how to interview, not someone that hires coaches because they are good 'ol boys with him.

Be open-minded. I would take a guy with no head coaching experience in a minute if it was the right guy. I personally really like Ron Rivera.

Jon

Bill Brasky
12-06-2005, 04:17 PM
bringing in a guy who has no coaching experience as a HC is not bad... it only is when you pick guys who obviously have no credentials to warrant the promotion... how many teams were clamoring after guys like Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey... none... because they knew what TD apparently didn't.

DynaPaul
12-06-2005, 04:19 PM
All y'all are slammin' PFT for being the Enquirer but I read it everyday and I gotta say that they've been batting REAL GOOD with the rumors and predictions.

Mudflap1
12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
bringing in a guy who has no coaching experience as a HC is not bad... it only is when you pick guys who obviously have no credentials to warrant the promotion... how many teams were clamoring after guys like Greg Williams and Mike Mularkey... none... because they knew what TD apparently didn't.

Agreed. Gregg Williams might be qualified NOW, but it appears that he was in over his head when he was with us. Was too soon for him.

Jon

chernobylwraiths
12-06-2005, 04:27 PM

He's not coaching in the pros. It's all speculation. Hell, we could have hired Marvin Lewis or John Fox and be in the same boat because they would be coaching the same personel and same crappy offensive line.

I say bring back Levy and have him pick an up and comer as assistant head coach for Levy to groom him as successor.

I would love Ron Wolf here but I don't think it is possible.

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Fire TD, Mularkey, and the entire staff sans Wyche and April.

And Mcnally. It's not his fault the chicken crap he was supposed to turn into chicken salad keeps getting injured.

elltrain22
12-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Here's a question, why didn't we wait till after the Super Bowl was over 2 years ago, and interview Charlie Weis??? That would've been a nice idea TD, but I guess you don't have many good ideas...