PDA

View Full Version : If you were Willis...

sba
12-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Would you friggin try either???

Mularkey gives this guy nothing, no goal line carries, no red zone carries, no playing on third downs.

Another player Mularkey has absolutely lost, and has probably driven right out of town when the time comes.

DraftBoy
12-06-2005, 12:25 AM
oh jesus christ can we please just say every loss this season is solely because of coaching and every player therefor should be give a free pass, almost nobody who was expected to be a major contributor has and all we here is excuses about coaches being at fault. McGahee just isnt trying out there its not all MM's fault. I think he should be fired too but Im gonna give Losman, Moulds, McGahee or anybody else a free pass bc they are here.

FinNasty23
12-06-2005, 12:50 AM
Would you friggin try either???

Mularkey gives this guy nothing, no goal line carries, no red zone carries, no playing on third downs.

Another player Mularkey has absolutely lost, and has probably driven right out of town when the time comes.

It was my understanding that they pulled him on 3rd downs because he isnt a good blocker?

clumping platelets
12-06-2005, 12:54 AM
It's his job to try

sba
12-06-2005, 12:55 AM
It's his job to try

It's the coaching staff's job to put him into a position to succeed.

FinNasty, He can't be any worse than Shaud Williams as a blocker. I don't remember it being much of a problem last year.

FinNasty23
12-06-2005, 01:00 AM
It's the coaching staff's job to put him into a position to succeed.

FinNasty, He can't be any worse than Shaud Williams as a blocker. I don't remember it being much of a problem last year.

I dunno, I just remembered reading that somewhere... I havent actually ever payed attention to Willis's pass blocking...

Who gets your goalline carries? I definatly thought it was Willis?

JefftheBillsfan
12-06-2005, 01:06 AM
we dont have goalline carries. 3rd and 4th and short often lead to a trick play. or there was that one game 4th and goal, hand it off to shelton, you know, gotta get the ball to the playmakers in those kind of key situations.

sba
12-06-2005, 01:11 AM
we dont have goalline carries. 3rd and 4th and short often lead to a trick play. or there was that one game 4th and goal, hand it off to shelton, you know, gotta get the ball to the playmakers in those kind of key situations.

what's a goalline?

FinNasty23
12-06-2005, 01:11 AM

Oh... you mean you have the Dolphin syndrome...

Passing on the goal line when you have Ronnie & Ricky in your backfield...

Chambers' TD catch at the end masked the completely aweful playcalling on the goalline vs you guys. We were at like the 1 with around a minute left. Plenty of time to call a dive to Ronnie... Chambers saved our o-cordinator's life...

camelcowboy
12-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Don't give me any crap about how Shaud is a better third down back. Its part of coaching scheme, Shaud is suppose to be the equivalent to Amos Zerorue. Mularkey likes using two backs, look at pittsburgs offence historically. If willis could be the third down back for Henry a year ago then, why can't he stay in the game on third downs. Coaching staff just thinks they smarter then everyone else. The play or 2 before Evan's third touchdown Losman hit Willis for a ten yard gain on third down. Granted he's been slacking, but so has everyone else on the team, and thats the coaches fault. He's losing this team.

mysticsoto
12-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Actually, Shaud is a better 3rd down back. He catches the ball better than Willis (although Willis appears to have improved slightly here - but they still don't throw to him much). However, blocking is a completely different story. Willis CONSTANTLY misses his blocks or does them so poorly, that the defender can get to JP anyway. Willis' blocking is a HUGE liability!!!!

Shaud, who is much smaller than Willis, blocks an order of magnitude better!

camelcowboy
12-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Actually, Shaud is a better 3rd down back. He catches the ball better than Willis (although Willis appears to have improved slightly here - but they still don't throw to him much). However, blocking is a completely different story. Willis CONSTANTLY misses his blocks or does them so poorly, that the defender can get to JP anyway. Willis' blocking is a HUGE liability!!!!

Shaud, who is much smaller than Willis, blocks an order of magnitude better!

Can't learn if you don't stay in their. Shaud Has limited upside. Willis should be getting third down reps. Blocking can be taught, in my mind another failure of the coaching staff.

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 09:41 AM
oh jesus christ can we please just say every loss this season is solely because of coaching and every player therefor should be give a free pass, almost nobody who was expected to be a major contributor has and all we here is excuses about coaches being at fault. McGahee just isnt trying out there its not all MM's fault. I think he should be fired too but Im gonna give Losman, Moulds, McGahee or anybody else a free pass bc they are here.Willis has taken time off every now and then. Sunday's game wasn't one fo them. He was doing better than RW and Brown combined in the first half. How many times did he get stopped in the backfield for losses. Those weren't his fault. Last Sunday was definitely the coaches fault. The coaches ended our season just like they did last year against Pitts.

Let's hope that we face the starters for as long as Mularkey is our coach. He doesn't know how to beat back ups.

gr8slayer
12-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Oh... you mean you have the Dolphin syndrome...

Passing on the goal line when you have Ronnie & Ricky in your backfield...

Chambers' TD catch at the end masked the completely aweful playcalling on the goalline vs you guys. We were at like the 1 with around a minute left. Plenty of time to call a dive to Ronnie... Chambers saved our o-cordinator's life...
You have the same problem we have. An idiot coach.

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 10:14 AM
You have the same problem we have. An idiot coach.the difference? They went to their best player on the very last play of the game. We benched one of our best.

footballhottie
12-06-2005, 10:22 AM
o shut up...willis is a piece of trash. Untill he can prove that he's still any good he needs to sit down and shut up.

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
o shut up.Who, me?:broken:

DraftBoy
12-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Willis has taken time off every now and then. Sunday's game wasn't one fo them. He was doing better than RW and Brown combined in the first half. How many times did he get stopped in the backfield for losses. Those weren't his fault. Last Sunday was definitely the coaches fault. The coaches ended our season just like they did last year against Pitts.
Let's hope that we face the starters for as long as Mularkey is our coach. He doesn't know how to beat back ups.

Your going to use one game as your example? Care to explain the four games previous to that he didnt gain 100 yards, didnt score a TD, and didnt have a run over 15 yards? Wait let me guess all coaching and OL fault? Every year its the same thing we find a scapegoat or two and everybody else gets a pass. Its friggin perdictable, Im betting next year is DL and DB's.

gr8slayer
12-06-2005, 11:07 AM
the difference? They went to their best player on the very last play of the game. We benched one of our best.
Indeed. We also kept passing the ball even though we were up late in the fourth quarter.

mysticsoto
12-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Can't learn if you don't stay in their. Shaud Has limited upside. Willis should be getting third down reps. Blocking can be taught, in my mind another failure of the coaching staff.

I can't argue with that. In my mind, Mularkey should have Willis working on this constantly every practice. But Mularkey is too busy trying to dream up gadget plays for the offense to screw up on...

Kerr
12-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Willis gets paid to make big plays and never give up while he's on the field. If he's not trying because mularkey is the coach etc, then he's the wrong back for this team.

footballhottie
12-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Who, me?:broken:
Not you sweetie

FinNasty23
12-06-2005, 02:49 PM

IMO... blocking is more of a mentality. You have to want to block. If the player isnt too concerned with blocking, they usually dont give 100%. I'm not to sure how concerned Willis is with blocking. Players like Randy Moss dont block either. Not because he couldnt, but because he really just doesnt want to. Hines Ward has the mentality. He wants to hit and block guys and just really enjoys it...

Honestly, you will see a trend. Most of the "team 1st" guys block. Most of the "Me 1st" guys dont...

FinNasty23
12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
You have the same problem we have. An idiot coach.

except ours isnt our head coach... its our o-cordinator...