PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Johnson

Mitchy moo
12-06-2005, 07:10 AM
I think he would be the best coach we could get. It would also really P.O. Jerry jones, which would make me very happy.

Pride
12-06-2005, 07:28 AM
I dont want jimmy johnson! He killed miami by trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. It didnt work... I dont want him here! I couldnt stand to see him on the sidelines!

ryven
12-06-2005, 07:51 AM
I dont want jimmy johnson! He killed miami by trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. It didnt work... I dont want him here! I couldnt stand to see him on the sidelines!

I was kind of young when he coached the fins can explain how he killed the dolphins by putting together one of the best D's in football and made made the playoffs year in and year out.

Pride
12-06-2005, 08:14 AM
+--------------+----------+
| Reg. Season | Playoffs |
+----------+--------------+----------+
| Year TM | W L T | W L |
| 1989 dal | 1 15 0 | 0 0 |
| 1990 dal | 7 9 0 | 0 0 |
| 1991 dal | 11 5 0 | 1 1 |
| 1992 dal | 13 3 0 | 3 0 |
| 1993 dal | 12 4 0 | 3 0 |
| 1996 mia | 8 8 0 | 0 0 |
| 1997 mia | 9 7 0 | 0 1 |
| 1998 mia | 10 6 0 | 1 1 |
| 1999 mia | 9 7 0 | 1 1 |
| TOTALS | 80 64 0 | 9 4 |

1 10 win season is nothing to be exceptional about!

His awefulfense was hideous! Sure, the defense was great... but that offense was horrible! Think he could work wonders with ours? Hardly!

OpIv37
12-06-2005, 08:17 AM
jimmy johnson is an arrogant egomaniac. He would never subject his hair to Buffalo snow.

Seriously, he brings in the trashiest players in the NFL, and he's too much of a type A personality to ever be here at the same time TD is.

Mitchy moo
12-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Well when it came to winning the big one & preparing his team to win he was a success. Would you say MM/TD have shown improvement?

OpIv37
12-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Well when it came to winning the big one & preparing his team to win he was a success. Would you say MM/TD have shown improvement?

Mularkey and TD suck. Jimmy Johnson had an all-star cast in Dallas and that was before the salary cap. When he had a more even talent level in Miami, well see Pride's stats above. We can be 8-8 or 9-7 without his "NFL's Most Wanted" lineup and big ego.

gr8slayer
12-06-2005, 10:02 AM
I wouldnt mind Jimmy Johnson but I doubt he would want to coach the Bills.

Ebenezer
12-06-2005, 10:07 AM
No.

RedEyE
12-06-2005, 10:17 AM
No to J-Jo!

I don't want that queer and his creepy sweater wrapped dog anywhere near Buffalo.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 10:23 AM
I would rather go for someone else but between him and MUlarkey/TD, I'll take JJ.

He had to battle Dan Marino when he was in Miami. The fans and org. was on Marino's side. Even then they were competitive. JJ would make full use of Willis. Mularkey aka, Gilbride jr. is running him out of town.

mysticsoto
12-06-2005, 11:45 AM
I would rather go for someone else but between him and MUlarkey/TD, I'll take JJ.

He had to battle Dan Marino when he was in Miami. The fans and org. was on Marino's side. Even then they were competitive. JJ would make full use of Willis. Mularkey aka, Gilbride jr. is running him out of town.

Ugggghhh! There's got to be somebody better out there...what about in the college ranks? Any potentials???

OpIv37
12-06-2005, 11:48 AM
No to J-Jo!

I don't want that queer and his creepy sweater wrapped dog anywhere near Buffalo.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

nothing wrong with being queer, but I am definitely in favor of disciminating against people who put sweaters on dogs.

Kerr
12-06-2005, 12:08 PM
JJ is more of a personnel guy. I can draft good players, i'll give him that, but he didn't do a very good job with the dolphins.

Bmax
12-06-2005, 12:22 PM
FOR THE LAST TIME JIMMY JOHNSON IS NOT GOING TO BUFFALO EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY WOULD HE LEAVE HIS COZY JOB... LIFE ON A BOAT IN SUNNY FLORIDA FOR BUFFALO......He likes his lifestyle now .....He loves florida....he ain't coming here...

Miami was the perfect for him and it didn't work...

Please don't post the JJ comments everytime we look for a coach....Lou Saban HAS A BETTER SHOT AT COMING BACK TO COACH THE BILLS THEN JIMMY JOHNSON....

Enough already...............

Bmax

Go Bills

Phincinatti Phinz
12-06-2005, 01:23 PM
How I'd love to see that happen. :funny:

(aka, you don't want him guys).

ryjam282
12-06-2005, 03:40 PM

The square peg was a running game and the round hole was Marino. For years, everyone always said if Marino ever had a running game that team would be unstoppable. Well, Jimmy brought him in a 1,000 yard back and Marino lashed out and didn't want to hand the ball off. That is what cost Jimmy in Miami. He brought that team a respectable D and a solid RB and Danny boy ran them both out of town, then retired.....

dolphinssuck
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
No way Id want JJ coaching in Buffalo as mentioned before his Defenses were good but his Offenses were horrible besides I could not stand him in Dallas and that became more than hate but utter destain when he went to coach the fish! He would not help the Bills out at all we need help on Offense more than Defense!

PUCKER
12-06-2005, 10:14 PM
JJ??? HELL NO!!! :refuse:

Michael82
12-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Not just no, but HELL NO!

:puke:

I'd rather have Mike Ditka. :scared:

HAMMER
12-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Let's see, leave warm Miami and a cush job on the Fox pre-game show. Or move to a cold, bankrupt city and work for one of the NFL's worst franchises for half the money. Hmmmmm, tough choice.

dplus47
12-07-2005, 01:05 PM
The square peg was a running game and the round hole was Marino. For years, everyone always said if Marino ever had a running game that team would be unstoppable. Well, Jimmy brought him in a 1,000 yard back and Marino lashed out and didn't want to hand the ball off. That is what cost Jimmy in Miami. He brought that team a respectable D and a solid RB and Danny boy ran them both out of town, then retired.....

that's interesting. hate marino much? the 1,000 yard back was karim abdul jabbar, and it took 700 carries (okay i'm exaggerating a little) to get there.

johnson is a good talent evaluator and a lousy gameday coach. he would never adjust to anything. he believed he could line up superior talent and win with a vanilla scheme. he was able to hit on a decent percentage of his defensive draft picks, but almost never hit on offense, so he didn't even surround marino with marginal talent. unless cecil collins counts.

johnson never could have done what he did in dallas without minnesota trading him all those draft picks for herschel walker.

Mitchy moo
12-11-2005, 09:10 PM
As I mentioned we might end up with him, funny thing how it was just mentioned today, it wasn't insight.

This has been a huge topic of discussion on some of the other boards.

Ralph has supposedly been meeting with him.

And today on FOX's halftime show it was mentioned by Bradshaw and Howie and Johnson did not elaborate, rather just smiled.

We may get him & really piss off jerry jones! that would be nice!

DaBills
12-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Two SB rings.

I'll take him.

Demon
12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
I'll def be happy with him as coach. Coach and GM is a different story though.

DaBills
12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Pete Carroll is rumored to be itching to get back. Other than that, I don't know which college ones are trying for a shot. But if this organization goes for the hat trick and hires a first-time nfl coach from the COLLEGE ranks? I'll die.

We need a vet to come into this situation of undisciplined vets and rooks and straighten **** out. We hav a decent RB, some good young WRs, and a raw QB. JJ could work with that.

ogreen44
12-11-2005, 09:54 PM
JJ wouldnt be a bad Gm, but HELL NO for coaching. That would be suicide to the organization, he'll come in, thorw his old time creap around, then retire 3 years later, adn leave a giant mess.

Devin
12-11-2005, 10:02 PM
As I mentioned we might end up with him, funny thing how it was just mentioned today, it wasn't insight.

This has been a huge topic of discussion on some of the other boards.

Ralph has supposedly been meeting with him.

And today on FOX's halftime show it was mentioned by Bradshaw and Howie and Johnson did not elaborate, rather just smiled.

We may get him & really piss off jerry jones! that would be nice!

What a horrible post.

Jimmy Johnson is about 1 rung above the current dictatorship. I hope to christ this doesnt happen. We will be dicked for the next 3-5 years.

Jimmy Johnson........pffffff........communists.

Mitchy moo
12-11-2005, 10:49 PM
I usually agree with you but give jj a early picks & some talent, you have a winner. 2 sb rings, remember them?

Kerr
12-11-2005, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't be entirely against it skoob. The questions can he handle the load as a GM? He doesn't have the experience. That's saying i'd rather have him as a GM than a head coach.

Mitchy moo
12-11-2005, 11:10 PM
hey you might be right but we really need a talent evaluator. We have talent but the team we have now is to cute & has friends. You have no friends in the NFL, only competition.

vicmantak
12-12-2005, 12:24 AM
I agree with Skooby.
Jimmy Johnson is simply the best option "available"
He is not only a good talent evaluator. His background, intelligence, leadership, determination and winning attitude would only benefit this organization.
Just ask Bill Belichick if he wants Johnson back to the NFL as a Buffalo Bill.

The_Philster
12-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Pete Carroll is rumored to be itching to get back. That's as valid a rumor as the idea of helmet hair coming here...considering that Carroll came right out and stated last week he wasn't interested in leaving USC for anywhere this year.

Mitchy moo
12-12-2005, 06:25 AM
RW wants to win at least one SB before he dies, he can't take his money with him. Remember this : the enemy of my enemies is my friend.

Earthquake Enyart
12-12-2005, 06:36 AM

His awefulfense was hideous! Sure, the defense was great... but that offense was horrible! Think he could work wonders with ours? Hardly!
9-7 looks pretty good about now.

I'd take Johnson in a heartbeat.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-12-2005, 07:07 AM

Right now that record looks pretty good.

Historian
12-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Two SB rings.
I'll take him.

Amen.

X-Era
12-12-2005, 07:23 AM
I usually agree with you but give jj a early picks & some talent, you have a winner. 2 sb rings, remember them?

I hate Jimmy but lest not forget those SB rings, and the guy can draft.

Think about his drafts for a minute:

Jason Taylor
Zack Thomas
Sam Madison
Patrick Surtain
Adwele Ogunleye

You think this guy would tolerate any player loafing???? Not a fuggin chance!

He adds experience, better drafting, instant credibility, and mental toughness.

Now, add a guy of his caliper but not Jimmy and we are really cooking.

Parcells
Belicheck
Holmgren

I wouldnt mind a trade for a HC either. How bad a deal was it for NE to get Beli?

Kerr
12-12-2005, 08:51 AM
I hate Jimmy but lest not forget those SB rings, and the guy can draft.

Think about his drafts for a minute:

Jason Taylor
Zack Thomas
Sam Madison
Patrick Surtain
Adwele Ogunleye

You think this guy would tolerate any player loafing???? Not a fuggin chance!

He adds experience, better drafting, instant credibility, and mental toughness.

Now, add a guy of his caliper but not Jimmy and we are really cooking.

Parcells
Belicheck
Holmgren

I wouldnt mind a trade for a HC either. How bad a deal was it for NE to get Beli?

Didn't he also draft Tim Bowens? Even though Bowens was forced to retire because of injuries, he was a solid mammoth up front in their defense for years. Because of him, it was pretty tough to run on them all the time through the middle.

Kerr
12-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Like I said, i'd rather have jj in a gm capacity and he brings in a coach in with experience, but just having him in org in any capacity will guarantee you a pretty good draft. Some say it is only a rumor that will likely not happen because he's with his boat in the keys. He's an old school guy like Bill Parcells. How many times did Parcells say he was happy in retirement and wouldn't come back? johnson is probably itching to get back.

dolfan25
12-12-2005, 10:37 AM
JJ wouldnt be a bad Gm, but HELL NO for coaching. That would be suicide to the organization, he'll come in, thorw his old time creap around, then retire 3 years later, adn leave a giant mess.

Look at Jimmy's history. He never leaves teams in a mess. He left the Hurricanes and they won 2 out of the next 3 National Championships. He left the Cowboys and they made an NFC Championship game and won a Super Bowl. He left the Dolphins with a young cheap at the time defense. His big mistake was orchestrating Wannstedt as his replacement. Every time he leaves a job the team is usually in a better situation than when he started with them. He also cleaned up the salary cap mess that the Phins were in after Shula's last year

dolfan25
12-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Jimmy didn't draft either of Bowens(Shula's second to last draft) or Ogunleye.

Adewale was an unrestricted free agent signed by Wannstedt and Spielmann

DolfanTom
12-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I was kind of young when he coached the fins can explain how he killed the dolphins by putting together one of the best D's in football and made made the playoffs year in and year out.
Yes, JJ created a pretty darn good D (especially compared to the ones Kelly used to dismantle), but he outright ignored the offense when it came to talent building. In short he:

-nutured Marino. (he told the greatest passer of all time that he couldn't audible. Can you imagine Tony Dungy saying, "Hey Peyton ... we're gonna try not audibling this game. Whadda ya think?")
-Force-fed a running game while had no decent running backs to speak of.
-He left our receiving corps barren after O.J. McDuff. Granted, Gadsden was a JJ find, but it was too little too late, and we had absolutely zero deep threats.
-In actuallity, the defense we had was overrated and apt to collapse at critical times
-He hand-picked Wanny to be his successor.

Truth is, JJ is a decent coach and decent talent evaluator. He got lucky twice in Dallas - once by duping the Vikings with the Hershal Walker trade, and twice by seeing nearly ever one of his critical draft choices succeed. He had no such luxuries in Miami, nor would he in Buffalo. Good luck with that!

justasportsfan
12-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Yes, JJ created a pretty darn good D (especially compared to the ones Kelly used to dismantle), but he outright ignored the offense when it came to talent building. In short he:
-nutured Marino. (he told the greatest passer of all time that he couldn't audible. Can you imagine Tony Dungy saying, "Hey Peyton ... we're gonna try not audibling this game. Whadda ya think?")
-Force-fed a running game while had no decent running backs to speak of.
-He left our receiving corps barren after O.J. McDuff. Granted, Gadsden was a JJ find, but it was too little too late, and we had absolutely zero deep threats.
-In actuallity, the defense we had was overrated and apt to collapse at critical times
-He hand-picked Wanny to be his successor.
Truth is, JJ is a decent coach and decent talent evaluator. He got lucky twice in Dallas - once by duping the Vikings with the Hershal Walker trade, and twice by seeing nearly ever one of his critical draft choices succeed. He had no such luxuries in Miami, nor would he in Buffalo. Good luck with that!there was a difference in philosophy between JJ and Dan. Dan wanted to throw and JJ wanted to run. WHo's philosophy was right on? JJ has sb rings, Dan has none. Fans sided with Dan which promted JJ to leave. Inspite of his leaving, he left the fins w/ a very good core of players that made Wanny look better than he really was.

When a coach's philosophy is to run, you know he's not going to ignore the OL. He built one of the best OL's w/ the cowboys and he would've done the same had he stayed w/ the fins.

The bills have the rb's. We just don't have the GM and coach who puts a priority on the OL.

I'm still on the fence about hiring JJ but he's definitely better than what we have. He's attitude and lack of class is what makes me undecided but his track record is proven.

Voltron
12-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Mularkey and TD suck. Jimmy Johnson had an all-star cast in Dallas and that was before the salary cap. When he had a more even talent level in Miami, well see Pride's stats above. We can be 8-8 or 9-7 without his "NFL's Most Wanted" lineup and big ego.
I said the same thing to some one today but then I thought about it more.

Marv Levy had no salary cap either and had some of the best talent in the NFL yet he couldn't win a ring. I don't see why no salary cap should even come into this. He was playing by the rules at the time that everyone else was playing by. At this point any coach with some experience is worth a look. Even if it is JJ :sigh:

Devin
12-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Ugggh but JJ? :ill:

Just feels dirty.

Voltron
12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Ugggh but JJ? :ill:

Just feels dirty.
I would rather feel dirty than have another season of underachieving. That is what it comes down to for me. Why would I want to pay money to see a team that has given up before the fans even gave up and who seems to have lost all heart they had after losing one player (Spikes). The only guy on the team that seems to still have any heart is London and even he can't seem to get the team to join him.

TD and MM need to remember the old saying ... "THE BUCK STOPS HERE!"

ZEUS
12-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Every one gets in such a tissy on this forum. JJ in Buffalo is a bunch of BS. He will never leave south Florida. He has an awesome place in Islamorada (Keys), has several boats and is an avid fisherman. He makes tons of money in the stock market and doesn't need to work. Who ever said he was a possibility in Buffalo anyway? Just trying to start some bs. If he was coaxed into coaching again, Tampa Bay would be the only place he would go, possibly Jacksonville. But those teams don't look to be having any openings soon.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Pride

If he can take a 1-15 team to 7-9 in one season, I'll welcome him with open arms.

Not to mention that 9-4 playoff record looks pretty good and it looks like he may already have his triplets on offense - at least he's got Evans and McGahee - the jury is still out on Losman, but I've got faith in him - he's got a winners attitude and that seems to be the intangible that Leaf never had.

Mitchy moo
12-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Every one gets in such a tissy on this forum. JJ in Buffalo is a bunch of BS. He will never leave south Florida. He has an awesome place in Islamorada (Keys), has several boats and is an avid fisherman. He makes tons of money in the stock market and doesn't need to work. Who ever said he was a possibility in Buffalo anyway? Just trying to start some bs. If he was coaxed into coaching again, Tampa Bay would be the only place he would go, possibly Jacksonville. But those teams don't look to be having any openings soon.

If he was so rich why is he still on TV?

Ego and recognition, these guys feed on it and love getting it. It would also Piss Jerry jones off to no extent.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Can more then one person confirm the following about JJ?

1. Is it true that Belichick and him don't like each other?

2. Has anyone else heard the part on Fox's pregame show where Bradshaw and JB or Howie asked him about meeting with Ralph or if he was interested in the job?

thanks - I'll pos who ever does it twice.

bernielivsey_1
12-12-2005, 12:21 PM
:rage: If there was somone better out there I would dismiss JJ but he might be our best option. :cry:

DaBills
12-12-2005, 01:29 PM
"That's as valid a rumor as the idea of helmet hair coming here...considering that Carroll came right out and stated last week he wasn't interested in leaving USC for anywhere this year."

John Clayton was on ESPN Radio with Mortenson last tuesday and said what I said. If it's a rumor, they're the ones starting it.

As for the general feeling about not wanting JJ as GM. I'm more inclined to give him a shot at GM as we were to give GW and MM head coaching opportunites. More so I'd think, because he's had experience dealing with one of the more meddling owners in the league in Jones, (his former teammate and roomate). I would think he's had time to watch what to do and <i>not</i> do as a GM regarding players.

Dicknoze69
12-12-2005, 02:48 PM
The guys interviewing Carroll didn't ask the right questions. They should have asked, "If a team offered you a head coaching position, would you take it?"

Obviously Carroll isn't going to jeopardize a great situation at USC by interviewing, but if someone threw a job at him, I think he'd have to think long and hard.

However, I maintain that the best possible next HC for the Bills is Kirk Ferentz. He's the head coach at Iowa who rebuilt that program. He's an OL guru. He made walk-ons into 1st round picks (Gallery, Steinbach). He coached under Belichick and Coughlin in the NFL. He's a strict disciplinarian, which is what I feel this team needs.

The downside is that he'd cost a lot of money, but if Ralph fires MM, money isn't an issue.

DaBills
12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
"The guys interviewing Carroll didn't ask the right questions. They should have asked, "If a team offered you a head coaching position, would you take it?"

Obviously Carroll isn't going to jeopardize a great situation at USC by interviewing, but if someone threw a job at him, I think he'd have to think long and hard.

However, I maintain that the best possible next HC for the Bills is Kirk Ferentz. He's the head coach at Iowa who rebuilt that program. He's an OL guru. He made walk-ons into 1st round picks (Gallery, Steinbach). He coached under Belichick and Coughlin in the NFL. He's a strict disciplinarian, which is what I feel this team needs.

The downside is that he'd cost a lot of money, but if Ralph fires MM, money isn't an issue."

For the record, I'm no fan of Carrol. I was not impressed with him while he coached the Jets. I'd rather have Roseanne coach the team.

And while I think the team needs to focus on getting hte discipline back, I just can't support going with another first-time coach again, even if he coached under those guys. Remember, MM was supposed to be an offensive guru too, and our O-line was going to get an upgrade in its coaching, but look how that turned out.

I believe Ralph has to get a vet coach here, otherwise, if TD stays and gets to pick the new coach, it's fool TD once, shame on him, fool him twice, shame on... oh nevermind. We're gonna be here all day since TD always gets fooled.

HAMMER
12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
If he was so rich why is he still on TV?

Ego and recognition, these guys feed on it and love getting it. It would also Piss Jerry jones off to no extent.

If you had a job offer to work a couple days a week, for five months a year, for a couple million dollars, talking about a sport you love, you would do it too. Rich or not!

rsmithgi
12-12-2005, 03:20 PM
When a coach's philosophy is to run, you know he's not going to ignore the OL. He built one of the best OL's w/ the cowboys and he would've done the same had he stayed w/ the fins.
JJ is overrated as a draft guru. He got lucky on Zach Thomas and made a few good picks in Taylor, Madison, and Surtain. Other than that, his drafts were bad in Miami. The same guy who drafted Zach Thomas also drafted these great LBs: Bryan Jones, Brad Jackson, Derrick Rodgers, Ronnie Ward, John Fiala, Mike Crawford, LaCurtis Jones (picked ahead of Thomas in 1996).
How about these household names at OL: Grey Ruegamer, Joe Wong, Scott Shaw, Nathan Strikwerda, Jim Bundren, Brent Smith, Jerome Daniels, and Jeff Buckey. Can you say whiff?
He made 44 draft selection in Miami.
4 - were very good to great - Thomas, Madison, Taylor, and Surtain
4 - were okay - Lorenzo Bromell, Derrick Rodgers, Karim Abdul-Jabbar, Shane Burton
6 - contributed for very brief periods - Rob Konrad, Jermaine Haley, Kenny Mixon, Daryl Gardener, Stanley Pritchett, Shawn Wooden
30 - were total busts.
How would drafts like this help the Bills:
1 2 8 39 J.J. Johnson RB Mississippi State
2 2 12 43 Rob Konrad RB Syracuse
3 3 11 72 Grey Ruegamer C Arizona State
4 5 1 134 Cecil Collins RB McNeese State
5 5 9 142 Bryan Jones LB Oregon State
6 6 23 192 Brent Bartholomew P Ohio State
7 7 26 232 Jermaine Haley DT Butte J.C.
8 7 38 244 Joe Wong G Brigham Young
1 1 29 29 John Avery RB Mississippi
2 2 14 44 Patrick Surtain DB Southern Mississippi
3 2 19 49 Kenny Mixon DE Louisiana State
4 3 18 79 Brad Jackson LB Cincinnati
5 3 21 82 Larry Shannon WR East Carolina
6 4 10 102 Lorenzo Bromell DT Clemson
7 5 20 143 Scott Shaw G Michigan State
8 6 18 171 Nathan Strikwerda C Northwestern
9 6 19 172 John Dutton QB Nevada
10 7 21 210 Jim Bundren G Clemson
1 1 15 15 Yatil Green WR Miami (FL)
2 2 14 44 Sam Madison DB Louisville
3 3 13 73 Jason Taylor DE Akron
4 3 32 92 Derrick Rodgers LB Arizona State
5 3 33 93 Ronnie Ward LB Kansas
6 3 36 96 Brent Smith T Mississippi State
7 4 25 121 Jerome Daniels G Northeastern
8 5 19 149 Barron Tanner DT Oklahoma
9 5 27 157 Nick Lopez DE Texas Southern
10 6 3 166 John Fiala LB Washington
11 6 7 170 Brian Manning WR Stanford
12 6 10 173 Mike Crawford LB Nevada
13 6 14 177 Ed Perry TE James Madison
14 7 2 203 Hudhaifa Ismaeli DB Northwestern
1 1 20 20 Daryl Gardener DT Baylor
2 3 18 79 Dorian Brew DB Kansas
3 3 19 80 Karim Abdul-Jabbar RB UCLA
4 4 18 113 Kirk Pointer DB Austin Peay
5 4 23 118 Stanley Pritchett RB South Carolina
6 4 30 125 LaCurtis Jones LB Baylor
7 5 2 134 Jerris McPhail RB East Carolina
8 5 18 150 Shane Burton DT Tennessee
9 5 22 154 Zach Thomas LB Texas Tech
10 6 22 189 Shawn Wooden DB Notre Dame
11 7 21 230 Jeff Buckey G Stanford
12 7 42 251 Brice Hunter WR Georgia

DaBills
12-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like trout and sunsets too, but if Ralph could pony up Parcells-type Cowbucks, I think JJ would be tempted to put down the fishing pole and pick up some wings. Problem is, Parcells' deal means JJ would expect 4-5 mill a year just to be competitive.

buff what?
12-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I think the bills should pick up JJ. Then maybe he will bring Dave W. with him too!!! And then JJ will retire and Dave will be your head coach. Sounds like a plan for the bills to me!!!
:lmao: :lmao:

Mitchy moo
12-12-2005, 04:10 PM
How old is JJ anyways?? Can him & marv both get discounted coffee??

DaBills
12-12-2005, 04:16 PM
I don't know that age is an issue. Look at the age of half the coaches that will end up in the playoffs, from Vermeil, Schotty, Parcells or Coughlin. Only successful 'youthful' coaches I can point to are Bellisuck and Gruden. Dungy has yet to prove anything, although that could change this year.

realdealryan
12-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Wasn't Marv the NFL's oldest coach ever 8 years ago?
He's 80
Gibbs = 65
Johnson = 62
Vermeil = 69
Parcells = 64

Some of these guys are proof that old people can coach in spite of their problems behind the wheel of an automobile.

Mitchy moo
12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Wasn't Marv the NFL's oldest coach ever 8 years ago?
He's 80
Gibbs = 65
Johnson = 62
Vermeil = 69
Parcells = 64

Some of these guys are proof that old people can coach in spite of their problems behind the wheel of an automobile.

he wasn't a younging.

dolphinssuck
12-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Mike Ditka or Jimmy Johnson?:bighug:

LtBillsFan66
12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm on the JJ bandwagon!

LtBillsFan66
12-13-2005, 10:51 AM
JJ is overrated as a draft guru. He got lucky on Zach Thomas and made a few good picks in Taylor, Madison, and Surtain. Other than that, his drafts were bad in Miami.

That's some friggin list! Compare those guys to TD's drafts.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Mike Ditka or Jimmy Johnson?:bighug:''

Add Marv Levy and Jim Haslett.

dolphinssuck
12-13-2005, 04:25 PM
''

Add Marv Levy and Jim Haslett. 2 good choices as well! Marv would be kinda an uncertianty because hes been outta the game for so long and he is rather old! He was not sucessful I could not imagine Marv being booed but it would happen! Haslett could do a good job but Im still on the JJ side of things!