• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Large number of coaching jobs could be open

From Espn.com

John Clayton looks at the NFL landscape and writes that there could be as many as nine head coaching changes this offseason.

This figures to be a year in which somewhere between six and nine coaches get fired. Here's a look at some of the jobs that could be (or are) open:

Buffalo, Mike Mularkey (approval rating): The only way there is a change here is if Ralph Wilson, the owner, isn't happy with the personnel direction of the team and fires Tom Donahoe. Wilson likes head coach Mike Mularkey. The move from Drew Bledsoe to J.P. Losman didn't result in a playoff run, and that's disturbing to Wilson. Age is creeping in on defense. Although there might be thoughts of a change, both Mularkey and Donahoe will likely be back next season.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Large number of coaching jobs could be open

Originally posted by MBBedard
    From Espn.com

John Clayton looks at the NFL landscape and writes that there could be as many as nine head coaching changes this offseason.

This figures to be a year in which somewhere between six and nine coaches get fired. Here's a look at some of the jobs that could be (or are) open:

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

ESPN gets most of its stuff from TD, No one is going to be fired till the end of the season, but if this keeps up heads will roll.

Comment

• Fairway
        • Jul 2002

Who wrote that article? Other ESPN reporters say TD is gonna get fired

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Clayton
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Mortensen says on ESPN, he hears that TD may be fired. Who knows? its up to Ralph now.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
              ESPN gets most of its stuff from TD, No one is going to be fired till the end of the season, but if this keeps up heads will roll.
              Ralphy's head should be included.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Ralphy's head should be included.

I know you and Fairway, believe Ralph should be gone. At 87 it maybe soon, but what then? Who is going to buy this team. His daughter can't afford the inheritance taxes, do you really think anyone will step up to keep this team here. We lucked out on the Sabres, I just don't think we will have that luck with the bills. Basically im not in a hurry to find out what happens to this team when Ralph moves on.

Comment

Working...
                X