Marv Levy will be the Bills new GM......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Marv Levy will be the Bills new GM......

......when Donahoe get axed. I've just got that feeling. Ralph has always been very close with marv. Marv was a huge part of the best years Ralph had. Marv knows how to pick a good coaching staff and players with winning attitudes. I think Ralph is gonna bring him back. I'd be ok with it.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Marv Levy will be the Bills new GM......

Id be nervous about it. I would worry Marv would screw up his legacy here.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

I'd love Marv as Gm, just keep people around like Modrak. To help with the cap. I always believed Marv had alot to do with bringing is some of the Talent for the Superbowl teams.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
        ......when Donahoe get axed. I've just got that feeling. Ralph has always been very close with marv. Marv was a huge part of the best years Ralph had. Marv knows how to pick a good coaching staff and players with winning attitudes. I think Ralph is gonna bring him back. I'd be ok with it.
        It would be a bit like Washington bringing back Joe Gibbs, hangning on to the good ol days instead of looking ahead. I know it's a different position but still.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Modrak is a personel guy not a cap guy.

There is NO way Marv Levy will be a GM here. What makes you think he is even qualified to be a GM? Polian is the man who brought in the players not Marv.

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Modrak is a personel guy not a cap guy.

There is NO way Marv Levy will be a GM here. What makes you think he is even qualified to be a GM? Polian is the man who brought in the players not Marv.
            Yeah, i said modrak because i can't spell Ofandorf, or whatever the hell his name is. You can't tell Marv had no input on the guys that were brought in, maybe took a few pointers from Polian. What made Andy Reid qualified to be Gm as well. Its just a idea i would listen to.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Besides Matt Millen, who was just Broadcaster with no expierence got a shot at Gm. Granted he sucks, but what makes you think Levy, a HOF coach wouldn't be worth consideration.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                Yeah, i said modrak because i can't spell Ofandorf, or whatever the hell his name is. You can't tell Marv had no input on the guys that were brought in, maybe took a few pointers from Polian. What made Andy Reid qualified to be Gm as well. Its just a idea i would listen to.
                I am sure he did have some input. He is 80 years old man, and he has been out of football for 10 years now. I will pass on Marv.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I think that Marv would consider coaching again, because that's what he loves to do. I agree with Thurm, it's obvious that Polian is the reason for the players that had those Super Bowl runs. Marv just made it all gel. Of course he had some say in who is in and who is out, but the talent level was scouted by Polian's crew.

Polian built up 3 great teams..The Bills, the Panthers, and now the undefeated colts.

I'd rather see Marv in the coaches office, but even so he's tenure back in Buffalo would be a short one. Let's face it, he's not getting any younger and we really need to focus on the future, not just the next couple of years. And it's going to take the next couple of years to untangle the mess TD has left.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

Can we bring back Polian instead?
                    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• dannyek71
                      Drink Responsibly
                      • Dec 2004

Marv wanted to come back and coach 2 years ago, and he wasnt brought back. Who thinks hed be back now.

Marv knows a TON about football, but there is more to being a gm than just football isnt there? Doesnt the GM also handle the business ends of things
                      [

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                        Can we bring back Polian instead?
                        You think he'd leave a team nearly going undefeated, with Manning, James, Harrison, and now an actually defense, to a team which blows a 20 point lead to a 4-7 division rival?

Not.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by dannyek71
                          Marv wanted to come back and coach 2 years ago, and he wasnt brought back. Who thinks hed be back now.

Marv knows a TON about football, but there is more to being a gm than just football isnt there? Doesnt the GM also handle the business ends of things
                          They may need to know a little about buisness. But i think thats more on the presidents side of things.

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

If I remember correctly Polian and Wilson ended their working relationship with one another on not the greatest of terms.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                              If I remember correctly Polian and Wilson ended their working relationship with one another on not the greatest of terms.
                              Polian left on the same terms as Saban "Ralphs **** list"

Comment

Working...
                              X