PDA

View Full Version : A nice letter

The_Philster
01-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Stumping for Ralph
DOUG GOODWIN...former player for the Buffalo Bills
recently heard that Ralph Wilson was named as a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I wanted to share my experience with him and tell why he should be enshrined in Canton.
I was drafted by the Bills in the 11th round of the 1965 draft and first met Mr. Wilson that summer at our training camp in Blasdell. It was a brutally hot day and I had just come out of practice when a man came up to me on the sidelines to say hello and that I was doing a "fine job." I was exhausted and said, "Oh, please don't ask me for an autograph right now." Later that week in a team meeting, Lou Saban said that he wanted to introduce the owner of the Bills, Mr. Ralph Wilson, and I realized who he was. After the meeting he said to me, "Don't worry, I won't bother you for an autograph." ....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030119/2027690.asp)

ArcticWildMan
01-19-2003, 10:07 AM
I remember watching a show about him and his heart transplant on 9/11. They pointed out that Ralph Wilson paid for a large portion of the operation. Goes to show you that Ralph really does care. :up:

ublinkwescore
01-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Sooner or later Ralph's good Karma's gonna catch up with him - hopefully it will be next season - hell the next four seasons!!!

We've got an easy schedule next year.