X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Colts won't go 16-0

I've been thinking about this and although their run thus far has been nothing slight of impressive, this Colts team will not go 16-0. The next few weeks they need to get through Jacksonville, Seattle, Arizona and San Diego.

Both Jacksonville and Seattle are on the road and both match up well against the Colts. San Diego comes to Indy, but take that elementless dome add the turf and throw in an LT = big running game for San Diego.

Arizona is last on the schedule. Let's say the Colts win the next 3 games against Seattle, SD, and Jacksonville. The final game against the Cards becomes pointless. They will sit their starters some time during the half. What is more important, running an undefeated regular season or burning through the playoffs to the Super Bowl? The Colts won't risk injury to their top tier players.

I predict they finish the season 14-2 before heading to the Super Bowl this season.
    Last edited by RedEyE; 12-06-2005, 11:15 AM.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Colts won't go 16-0

If the Colts don't stop Shaun alexander, Manning will barely see the field.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      If the Colts don't stop Shaun alexander, Manning will barely see the field.
      Agreed, and the Seahawks have a decent defensive squad as well.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

What makes you think by Week 16 Seattle won't have everything locked up and sit Alexander?

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

In a preview of SuperBowl XL the logical loss is at Seattle...setting up a wonderful rematch on national TV.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Let's just say whoever makes it out of the NFC will be embarassed by Indy on national TV.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              What makes you think by Week 16 Seattle won't have everything locked up and sit Alexander?
              That's a possibilty, but coaches usually do not like sitting players unless it is the last week of the season. They tend to lose momentum iand timing if they sit too long.

Besides, I think that Holmgren and Alexander are both too competitive to just let the Colts walk into Seattle without putting up much of a fight. This will be a great game to see.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Let's just say whoever makes it out of the NFC will be embarassed by Indy on national TV.
                In a season that has seen the Bills go 0-4 against the NFC for the first time since the 70s, suffer their worst road defeat in two decades and loss that stupid game sunday against the 'fins there is some sort of galactic justice that a Bill Polian-led team may go 19-0.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  In a preview of SuperBowl XL the logical loss is at Seattle...setting up a wonderful rematch on national TV.
                  World wide TV.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                    That's a possibilty, but coaches usually do not like sitting players unless it is the last week of the season. They tend to lose momentum iand timing if they sit too long.
                    But somehow the Colts will sit their players? Or are you saying at full strength the Hawks can beat the Colts?

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

But somehow the Colts will sit their players? Or are you saying at full strength the Hawks can beat the Colts?
                      I said the Colts would sit their players against the Cards after half time in week 17. Coaches generally do not like to sit players until the last week of the season if at all. The Colts and Hawks play in week 16. There is still another week left.

And yes, I believe that the Hawks have what it takes to beat the Colts.

Comment

• AngryTeste
                        Site Antagonist
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                        I said the Colts would sit their players against the Cards after half time in week 17. Coaches generally do not like to sit players until the last week of the season if at all. The Colts and Hawks play in week 16. There is still another week left.

And yes, I believe that the Hawks have what it takes to beat the Colts.
                        Any coach who puts in his starters and risks injuries after clinching home field is an idiot.

They will NOT go 16-0 for that reason and that reason only. The Broncos did the same thing when they were like 13-0, and they sat their starters. I will gladly wager with anyone here who thinks different.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AngryTeste
                          Any coach who puts in his starters and risks injuries after clinching home field is an idiot.

They will NOT go 16-0 for that reason and that reason only. The Broncos did the same thing when they were like 13-0, and they sat their starters. I will gladly wager with anyone here who thinks different.
                          It's almost impossible to sit the starting 22...if they are 15-0 going against the Cards they should still beat them with a mix of back-ups and starters. The key is getting to 15-0.

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AngryTeste

The NFL does not like teams sitting players in the final weeks of regular season. They usually look the other way if sat after a half in the final week, but I highly doubt that they will look the other way two weeks before Wild Card weekend.

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Someone give me a cookie.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘