X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McGahee420
    • Jun 2005

Jeff Fisher

Ok, lets say that Tom "Q TIP" Donahoe is fired and Mularkey follows suit, what do you guys think about Buffalo trying to sway Jeff Fisher out of Tenn. I think Fisher would be a great pick for Buffalo. He's a blue collar guy, and I beleive would be a great fit for Buffalo. Buffalo would get a guy with lots of experience. I really think Jeff Fisher would do great things here in Buffalo.

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Jeff Fisher

It would cost us.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Pass, I want somebody younger with alot of firer, Fisher to me seems like nothing special. His only success has been with McNair if we are going to go with somebody proven lets get somebody who has been successful with more than one QB.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
        • Dec 2004

I would pass on this one...

However, if they did decide to sign him, he must admit that the Music City Mirage was a bum call. I think Gregg Williams did the same, but it never gets old hearing it.
        You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Pass, I want somebody younger with alot of firer, Fisher to me seems like nothing special. His only success has been with McNair if we are going to go with somebody proven lets get somebody who has been successful with more than one QB.
          Fisher is one of the younger coaches in the league and seems to be a tough coach to me. His team has been raped by the salary cap. He doesn't have anything to work with right now.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Bud Adams is crazy enough to fire him.

Fisher is one of the better coaches in the league.

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

I'm just curious, but what does fisher being a blue collar guy or not have anything to do with him being the right coaching fit for this team?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Thurm was correct in his cap analysis. When you go to the Super Bowl nowadays, it costs a lot of money to keep your guys together.

Comment

• McGahee420
                  • Jun 2005

What I mean by Blue Collar guy is that Buffalo is full of them and understand him. It doesn't make him any better, just that I think the fans would like him. He is a younger guy. I guess my question to all of you then is who would you like to see. Do you want Buffalo to hire another coach with no Head coaching experience and go threw more growing pains, or go after a guy that has been a head coach and who have been to the playoffs and superbowl?

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by McGahee420
                    What I mean by Blue Collar guy is that Buffalo is full of them and understand him. It doesn't make him any better, just that I think the fans would like him. He is a younger guy. I guess my question to all of you then is who would you like to see. Do you want Buffalo to hire another coach with no Head coaching experience and go threw more growing pains, or go after a guy that has been a head coach and who have been to the playoffs and superbowl?

The only head coach I think fans would understand is one that wins ballgames, but I see what you mean.
                    Personally, I think it is imperative that the next coach have head coaching experience, whether in the college ranks or the pros.

Mularkey and Greg Williams lack(ed) that experience.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                      • Sep 2002

Fisher would be an outstanding addition but I believe he is under contract. Problem is he is too good which breaks our pattern of selecting coaches. But hire him as coach and GM and you've got something.

Comment

Working...
                      X